Protect your stomach lining before drinking or eating spicy, what do you ear or drink ?

mvmvmv

hello,

Do you have tricks to protect your stomach lining before drinking or eating spicy ?

Eating very spicy or drinking alcohol can lead to stomach problems as gastritis, so we should always protect the stomach before eating agressive food or alcohol.

What is your choice of food or drink (or pills?) in Thailand to protect your stomach lining ?

Thanks.

• Confused 2

I do not eat a lot of spicy food. But I learned very early that Papaya fruit is very good for the stomach and will protect you.  It's scientific proven. Just google for Papaya.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, adammike said:

I go to burger king and have two basic burgers,it lines my stomach and it avoids the hot chilli and the bad breath from the fish sauce,dried shrimps and paste that is toxic with beer.

Exactly how does a burger "line the stomach"?  I think you'll find that consumed food sits in the stomach where gastric acids and enzymes start to break it down, it does not "line" anything.

"...and the bad breath from the fish sauce,dried shrimps and paste that is toxic with beer".

Toxic?  What?  Food becomes toxic with beer? 

• Like 1

OP said "Eating very spicy or drinking alcohol can lead to stomach problems........."

That's like saying, "Doctor it hurts when  I do this"

To which the reply is....."Don't do it then" ????

To be slightly less flippant, people from South Asia (India, Bangladesh etc) drink something called "LassI" (LINK) which is yoghurt-based and cools spicy food.

But surely, any sensible adult either avoids food which pains them or just accepts that we're all physiologically different?

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no such thing as 'lining your stomach', the only thing that eating something or drinking some milk etc actually does is slow down the speed at which your stomach empties, therefore slowing down the speed at which the alcohol is absorbed by your intestines.  Your stomach absorbs maybe 20% of the alcohol and your intestines get the rest.

1 hour ago, Small Joke said:

I'm not sure any of these astonishing party-proofing claims have any basis in real science regardless of whether they're found online, or handed down by the 'old wives tale' route.

How can anything 'line the stomach' its designed to DIGEST stuff, not interior decorate itself with your lunch. 

But, hey folks believe in Astrology, God, Acupuncture, Politicians, and Tiger penis. So if it works in your own mind, more power to ya. ????

Yes, but isn't it fun reading TV punters' nostrums for every conceivable condition? I'm slightly surprised no one has recommended apple cider vinegar yet though.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fvw53 said:

I had severe esophagus inflammation - which can become cancer - and since then I take omeprazole now available in Thailand at reasonable price

You might like to try Lansaprazole, its a newer type with less long term issues and often much more effective at a lower dose.

Edited by Pdavies99
edi

4 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Milk works well. 

I agree milk is excellent .... it tends to line the stomach. Next day after a heavy night "Unterberg" is a good morning tonic (similar to Jagermeister) if you can find it. Used to be available in Best Supermarket by the Dolphin Roundabout in the Alcohol Section of the shop or nearby "Cash & Carry" shop a few doors down on the same side of the street.

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Exactly how does a burger "line the stomach"?  I think you'll find that consumed food sits in the stomach where gastric acids and enzymes start to break it down, it does not "line" anything.

"...and the bad breath from the fish sauce,dried shrimps and paste that is toxic with beer".

Toxic?  What?  Food becomes toxic with beer? 

Of course nothing lines the stomach it's a figure of speech it's about not drinking on a empty stomach.

Fermented fish products and beer stink calling it toxic is also a figure of speech.some people!

6 hours ago, seancbk said:

There is no such thing as 'lining your stomach', the only thing that eating something or drinking some milk etc actually does is slow down the speed at which your stomach empties, therefore slowing down the speed at which the alcohol is absorbed by your intestines.  Your stomach absorbs maybe 20% of the alcohol and your intestines get the rest.

What is the matter with you,lining the stomach is a figure of speech,if you drink on an empty stomach it's painfull and you get drunk fast,That's why we need to eat before we go to bars,there used to be bars in pattaya.

14 hours ago, adammike said:

What is the matter with you,lining the stomach is a figure of speech,if you drink on an empty stomach it's painfull and you get drunk fast,That's why we need to eat before we go to bars,there used to be bars in pattaya.

You prefer a figure of speech which obviously some people think is fact, over actual factual information?   

You must also have a pretty sensitive stomach if drinking on an empty stomach causes you any pain!   Perhaps see a Doctor about that.  

As for the rest of your comment, I thought Pattaya still had bars.  

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

You prefer a figure of speech which obviously some people think is fact, over actual factual information?   

You must also have a pretty sensitive stomach if drinking on an empty stomach causes you any pain!   Perhaps see a Doctor about that.  

As for the rest of your comment, I thought Pattaya still had bars.  

And you need a psychiatrist.