Laminated copy of passport

Myshkin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2018 at 7:43 PM, KhaoYai said:

Its illegal, that's what's wrong with it.  Given that they appear to be checking foreigners a lot at the moment, do you want to risk a fine?

And a smaller laminated copy of passport is not illegal ?

At least the paper version is full size and have entree stamp and visa on it.

On the other side copy of my work permit also.

Was asked for my passport once when i was buying a motorbike, happily i had this copy that everyone could read without magnifying glasses with me.

23 hours ago, steven2018 said:

Anyone use the U.S. Passport Card as a backup id?

In the US ?? Around town .... right I do that so I have an even greater chance of loss, theft, accidental shredding, or water damage.

Granted the way they are going I would bring mine (passport) if going to Canada. Used to use a Drivers License but with the Repugs in power, you never know what they want next ... "A nexus 6 replicant combat model?" No sir I don't have one. 

13 hours ago, Nyezhov said:
22 hours ago, VBF said:

In Uk "bum" is what Americans refer to as "ass", hence "bum bag". As for "fanny pack"....only ladies have them!

Totally unfashionable. Id rather lose my passport or get arrested rather than caught dead in one. A man has his limits.

You know I am going to have to agree with this ... A bum bag should only be used by a ski patrol or hiker/trekker who by the way pulls it around and has it on their stomach for access to Photo gear.

These are the only two exceptions. Everyone else should never wear a bum bag/fanny pack. NEVER!

46 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

Codger wallet, love it, never heard it before.

next time you are in an old folks tourist venue (ie anywhere there is a cruise ship), take a look. The worst is when they have them embroidered with a venue or logo or slogan: Disney World, Princess of the Seas, Big Apples, Mickey Mouse.

Quite easy to steal by the way. Push slice run leaving the victim passportless and cut. An inviting target. 

37 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

You know I am going to have to agree with this ... A bum bag should only be used by a ski patrol or hiker/trekker who by the way pulls it around and has it on their stomach for access to Photo gear.

Exactly. However its easier to steal when its tourist forward in a tourist venue. On right or left hip protected by arm is the way in Yaowarat on a Friday night or Pattaya any time ????

Im not one to talk, I use a Mountainsmith Lumbar pack on certain occasions, but all they are getting out of that is my camera, water, toilet paper, spare panties, etc. But its harder to strap cut do to shoulder straps and belt. Plus it only becomes lumbar if on an MC or rural trekking, other than than its the Manbag sling under arm. Your papers belong in your pocket.

40 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Granted the way they are going I would bring mine (passport) if going to Canada. Used to use a Drivers License but with the Repugs in power, you never know what they want next ... "A nexus 6 replicant combat model?" No sir I don't have one.

Get a Passport card. And its sad you spoiled an informative post with the usual unoriginal political silliness. No ❤ or ???? for you then.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Get a Passport card. And its sad you spoiled an informative post with the usual unoriginal political silliness. No ❤ or ???? for you then.

Gee Sorry about that. I can understand reality is an intrusion.  However good to know you are living here in CM, It had crossed my mind, you were just a handle created by our T Team. :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Gee Sorry about that. I can understand reality is an intrusion.  However good to know you are living here in CM, It had crossed my mind, you were just a handle created by our T Team. :biggrin:

Bangkok. And I just burned myself with the steam from the kettle so I know I am real. And I carry a Repug card so Im not tossed into a camp upon my return to the Land of the Free.

Funny how the question about the store gets this much conversation...  

my 2 cents: 

what about Organ donor card? 
make 1 side your passport / ID Other side ICE contacts blood type and Donor card.

Not even sure if it is a "thing" in Thailand, Organ donor. 

Riding by Kad Suan this afternoon ... I pulled in. BTW, that place is so sad, but I digress. The print island is way back not in food court, go up the small stairs bottom floor, keep going eventually you will find it. Passport face page on front of card, my visa on back. An empowering experience.  

Tonight I will drop photos to laptop. delete from phone. Then take a few snaps of my Passport face page and Visa. It doesn't matter what you think.

Happy Thanksgiving by the way.

17 hours ago, sirquest007 said:

Funny how the question about the store gets this much conversation...  

my 2 cents: 

what about Organ donor card? 
make 1 side your passport / ID Other side ICE contacts blood type and Donor card.

Not even sure if it is a "thing" in Thailand, Organ donor. 

I am surprised too by the number of replies, not all of them useful though. Organ donor card is a good idea, I would suggest to contact the Red Cross, as they probably already have printed cards available. I still carry the one from my home country, which has been in my wallet since I was a young adult.

Archived