Phuket officials unveil New Year ‘Seven Days’ road safety campaign strategy

snoop1130

Easy get the police to stop sitting around and go out and enforce the existing laws everyday, you cannot legislate or campaign against stupidity. It has to be beaten out of them by losing something they value before they lose their life, or worse take someone else’s.

• Like 2

For all the negative press about road carnage during major holiday, if you look at the actual statistics the death toll usually goes down from the average slaughter of 61 souls a day to somewhat lower.  The main difference is that make a big deal about publicizing the numbers during holidays.

Among the campaign initiatives to reduce accidents are to carry out “intensive continuous and serious enforcement of road laws”, a social campaign targeting local people, improving road conditions to make them safer and improving emergency-response services.

Rhetorical question.............Why is this not done on a daily basis................:whistling:

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

They aren't. They are sitting under awnings on red plastic chairs by the side of the road, occasionally stopping people and insisting they drink coffee, irrespective of whether they want or need it, causing an unexpected and dangerous blockage to traffic, but most of the time playing with their phones.

Whoosh!!!

2 hours ago, Rawairat said:

Easy get the police to stop sitting around and go out and enforce the existing laws everyday, you cannot legislate or campaign against stupidity. It has to be beaten out of them by losing something they value before they lose their life, or worse take someone else’s.

I vote for you. It's pretty bloody obvious isn't it to any right minded person?

Last years national campaign over 2017/18 holiday period was a absolute disaster with a big increase in fatalities and accidents, so we can only hope for a much better plan this year.

It would of course require more of the Police to be outside their offices, than inside, and actively policing, so I am not confident. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:53 PM, BigBadGeordie said:

All the negative comments about this initiative. I for one am pleased they are taking serious action in respect of this issue.

Hmmm

I could post much more, but the nurse has arrived with my medication.

I just laughed my socks off! Brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2018 at 11:53 AM, BigBadGeordie said:

All the negative comments about this initiative. I for one am pleased they are taking serious action in respect of this issue.

Hmmm

I could post much more, but the nurse has arrived with my medication.

Well, they are making serious statements but I suspect that many doubt these words will be converted to actions. Previous experience is a bit of a guide...