2 Viruses, No Google Leads - Help?

thaipulse

Anyone had these yet? My g/f brought them back on her USB drive

after having used the local internet cafe's computer all day.

My AVG wouldn't fix it and Google has very little info on these.

I checked out the sites google recommended and some AV sites have

the names of the viruses, BUT, no other info. No description or

fix.

Anyone had these yet? Any fix?

Thanks for any help!

Vern

"ThaiPulse"

Oops, I forgot to say...

NOD is the one that found this virus for me - but, my 30 day trial has already expired!

I'm really not into buying software - I haven't done it for years now - preferring to find

hacks, cracks and full versions with passwords - but antivirus is something I might

consider buying.

Is there any other choice to stay clean in Thailand? I've got a BUNCH of data that I

just can't lose. It's backed up 3 places, but still - one good and stealthy virus could

kill a copy or two.

NOD32 recognizes these viruses. Look through cndvic’s posts to find a link to a 30 day NOD32 trial that may clean then for you.

Sasser worm variant. If rebooting and running AVG in safe mode doesn't fix it, download nod32, disable AVG and install and run nod32. You may have to do that in safe mode as well, but I've seen nod kill this before. Plug the usb drive in before the scan and make sure you clean it as well.

If you have this PC networked to others then scan them thoroughly.

Nod32: http://www.eset.com/

Edited by cdnvic

Bummer, I think you must have been writing as I was telling the first guy that I have NOD but the trial expired.

Any other way?

Sasser worm variant. If rebooting and running AVG in safe mode doesn't fix it, download nod32, disable AVG and install and run nod32. You may have to do that in safe mode as well, but I've seen nod kill this before. Plug the usb drive in before the scan and make sure you clean it as well.

If you have this PC networked to others then scan them thoroughly.

Nod32: http://www.eset.com/

ok, I grabbed avira from the link you gave. Installed and plugged in my g/f's USB drive and no detection.

I'll run this for a bit - I uninstalled the AVG free antivirus - is that one any good? Seems like I've had a few viruses that it didn't catch.

This avira is from Germany - I've found german software in general to be good (great) so far.

Thanks for your help

Try Antivir

A selection if results from a recent AV Comparatives' lab tests as a % of total malware detection rates:

Antivir, Nod32, Kaspersky - over 99%

Symantec - 98%

McAfee - 95%

AVG Pro - 92%

This is with well over 100,000 infections thrown at them so it's a pretty thorough test.

If NOD32 find that virus, try NOD32 again.

You may have to uninstall you expired version, go to the registry and delete the NOD32 entries, and install NOD 32 again.

I do believe that "some" payments for some Utility- and AntiVirus-Software should be done!

I like to use "copy" software for testing purpose but for regular use, all my software are original and licensed!

Even you don't like to "loose" your "work" or give it away just for free! Software developer companies need to charge and special for "security" software the users should pay! There many software around for very reasonable cost and I think if someone want to "profit", even for just private use, that people should pay for it!