Phetchabun Immigration - report

6 minutes ago, hellstens said:

I ask my Immigration and they tell me I only need a letter (and my Thai Bankbook) from my Bank showing my income every month for the year, No need for Embassy letter.

Which office is this?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hellstens said:

I ask my Immigration and they tell me I only need a letter (and my Thai Bankbook) from my Bank showing my income every month for the year, No need for Embassy letter.

what does the letter say and who writes it? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Yesterday’s meeting with the American diplomatic mission pointed us to Thai Immigration Police regulation 777-2551

That police order was rescinded in 2014 when order 327/2557 went into effect. Not much difference in the relevant clauses though.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, yankee99 said:

It will be interesting when 2019 comes and all Australian, British and Americans who dont read TV and not on the embassy email list find out there pensions are no longer valid for visa purposes 

.......and Danes !!

• Like 2

As someone else (reliable) previously stated this is what Thai law says, For a MARRIAGE VISA “EXTENSION” “one way is 400k baht in a Thai bank.  The other way is 40k baht monthly income according to the police order number: 327/2557.  

“The (6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than 40,000 baht per month or must have no less than 400,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand for at least the past two months to cover expenses for one year.”

So basically when you transfer the money in every month you can spend it as soon as it comes into the country.  They just want to verify that we receive the minimum monthly income requirement every month via Thai bank statement.  Obviously immigration will start enforcing this strictly after the income affidavits totally go away mid next year.  Obviously everyone’s income situation is different and apparently a few people on here don’t like the monthly income option even though probably most of us use the monthly income option such as those of us receiving monthly pension payments, people who receive Social Security, and people like me, am retired military and a disabled so I make more than double the minimum monthly income requirement.  That’s the law period like it or not.  

This is why I don’t like reading most of these posts because I prefer to use actual known facts.  No offense to the OP but that’s just here say information and an IO’s opinion, when I’m at my local immigration office I politely ask more questions  which is what you should have probably done, and when I do I get verification in writing and I always get the truth.  So far things are going great.  I think the end of the income affidavits might actually turn out to be a good thing it’ll save us a trip to the embassy and save us $50 dollars a year and from now on just use your Thai bank statement.  Bangkok Bank I hear has the most immigration friendly bank statements.  

25 minutes ago, Issanjohn said:

This is why I don’t like reading most of these posts because I prefer to use actual known facts.  No offense to the OP but that’s just here say information and an IO’s opinion, when I’m at my local immigration office I politely ask more questions  which is what you should have probably done, and when I do I get verification in writing and I always get the truth.  So far things are going great.  I think the end of the income affidavits might actually turn out to be a good thing it’ll save us a trip to the embassy and save us $50 dollars a year and from now on just use your Thai bank statement.  Bangkok Bank I hear has the most immigration friendly bank statements.  

Please tell us what Immigration Office you keep referring to so others who use that office can understand what to expect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Issanjohn said:

the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than 40,000 baht per month

That's fine, if I can show it via foreign bank-transfers, and am not expected to try to explain foreign-company documents or tax-returns to back it up.  I can produce the latter (Americans pay taxes regardless of where we live), but I don't think they will do/allow the latter due to time, complexity, and the potential-rewards, if I could be forced to an agent.

17 minutes ago, Issanjohn said:

This is why I don’t like reading most of these posts because I prefer to use actual known facts.  No offense to the OP but that’s just here say information and an IO’s opinion, when I’m at my local immigration office I politely ask more questions  which is what you should have probably done, and when I do I get verification in writing and I always get the truth.

The problem arises when the laws and police-orders are not the actual deciding factor - and they often are not.  Current oversight is not sufficiently rigorous to ensure a uniform set of standards.  Therefore, what "your IO says, may actually be the most important thing to know - though may not apply to those at other offices.

At this point, all we can hope for is guidance directed from the top, which can provide some degree of uniformity to the "new income-proving process," nationwide.  Given the OP's report on the Petchabun office, it appears no such guidance has been issued thus far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Issanjohn said:

The (6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than 40,000 baht per month or must have no less than 400,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand for at least the past two months to cover expenses for one year.”

That is not a complete statement according to the Udon office 

IMG_5572.thumb.JPG.6d14c1a4aaca98af45303aa692b86138.JPG

So if you work it must be in Thailand according to the leaflet.

And if you don't work you must have the letter from the embassy 

IMG_5810.JPG.29f320bbf8e96f09692e8f6f4e535beb.JPG

Though they don't insist on the MoF verification.

as with all immigration matters YMMV.

also if you want to try to see if the translation is accurate here is the same guidance in thai

IMG_5812.thumb.JPG.26b6e51dd3ae4a2885128c88e5f96203.JPG

all from Udon Thani IO

Edited by sometimewoodworker

7 hours ago, yankee99 said:

It will be interesting when 2019 comes and all Australian, British and Americans who dont read TV and not on the embassy email list find out there pensions are no longer valid for visa purposes 

Not just us. Apparently I was told today that the Danish Embassy stopped it immediately without telling any of their countrymen!!!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

A number of OFF TOPIC irrelevant posts removed.

Once again, if you dont state your specific I.O. then anything you state is irrelevant to this topic and will be removed.

You don’t want to divulge your personal information such as the city you live in but I understand that you said that you spoke with an IO and want to compare.  Do you want to tell us what IO at which immigration office you spoke with in your city that you live in?  I wouldn’t want to, like I said I don’t want to divulge what city I live in unless I know you a lot better.  

The English requirement is for the income to be supported by an affidavit/certificate from the embassy. No affidavit/certificate, no acceptable income.

While everyone would like the income into a Thai bank to be sufficient there is no written official guidance on that point possibly because it would be trivial to circumvent it being genuine income and just recycled money. For you in your secret Immigration Office [ {re edit still secret maybe} no longer secret but the comments are still relevant] ( I don't see any need for that as IO's cover hundreds of  thousands of square kilometres I live more tha 50 km from Udon Thani IO that I use) you may be safe using money into a thai bank account. You may also have personal relationships that allow special treatment. Unless and until there is written guidance to that effect that supersedes the current requirement for an embassy's involvement it would be foolish to assume that the income method survives its catch 22.

it would be foolhardy to rely on anything other than written English language guidance from either your local IO or head office 

I don't know anyone who has got confused about the

money in the bank

or income 

or the 800k or 65k per month retirement 

or the 400k or 40k per month marriage 

although if you reed the Udon IO leaflet I posted the confusion is in it because of a mistake in using and not or

Edited by sometimewoodworker
Because the IO has now been identified, but the comments still apply -re edit as still secret
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Issanjohn said:

You don’t want to divulge your personal information such as the city you live in but I understand that you said that you spoke with an IO and want to compare.  Do you want to tell us what IO at which immigration office you spoke with in your city that you live in?  I wouldn’t want to, like I said I don’t want to divulge what city I live in unless I know you a lot better.  

LOOK at the title of this topic!!

If you dont wish to state which I.O. dont participate in this topic.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rumak said:

i already posted this in another related topic.  I believe it explains what information is necessary and relevant to this discussion.  otherwise its just opinions, and more opinions:

Try going into TI and asking what their guidelines re: income verification are (in writing would be nice).   Anything else anyone (even the us govt) says will be irrelevant.

Reports of people doing extensions with other than the deposit method (800k or 400k) in the following days/weeks/months will shed some light on the ""guidelines".  Actual and factual experiences will be the only real way to enlighten others .

Please STATE:  what did you use to "verify" your monthly income ( was it accepted or rejected)....     AND...at.which TI office was this done

Why don't we all just take a step back, calm down and wait until the election is over before we all get our tits in a tangle, you never we might have been getting worked up over nothing!!!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, slappy said:

I also asked my immigration. (Khon kaen) And the response i got was. No monthly income ONLY lump sum. 

KK is my office. Did they say when that goes int effect because I got my income letter notarized at the Udon Thani outreach and supposedly it's good for six months.

Edited by riceyummm