Phetchabun Immigration - report

12 hours ago, slappy said:

I also asked my immigration. (Khon kaen) And the response i got was. No monthly income ONLY lump sum. 

36 minutes ago, riceyummm said:

KK is my office. Did they say when that goes int effect because I got my income letter notarized at the Udon Thani outreach and supposedly it's good for six months.

I assume that is the response he got when he asked what would be needed if he did not have proof of income from his embassy. That is the response that will be given until the Immigration Bureau has stated what a alternative for it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a977 said:

Why don't we all just take a step back, calm down and wait until the election is over before we all get our tits in a tangle, you never we might have been getting worked up over nothing!!!!!!

Because we are some which 1 year extension run out in a short time from now !!

More off topic posts removed.

This topic is about specific experience with your IO and related to what is acceptable to them in relation to the recent Embassy wiithdrawal of the "income letter" etc.

Thank you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, riceyummm said:

KK is my office. Did they say when that goes int effect because I got my income letter notarized at the Udon Thani outreach and supposedly it's good for six months.

From my understanding, your income letter from your embassy is good for 6 month, from the date on the letter. After the 6 months is up. They informed me you can only use the lump sum method.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume that is the response he got when he asked what would be needed if he did not have proof of income from his embassy. That is the response that will be given until the Immigration Bureau has stated what a alternative for it is.

Hi Ubonjoe

I had just recently applied for my extension of stay (marriage) with my last income confirmation letter. i will be picking up my extension in the middle of December.

So i ask the IO "lady" what is the procedure for next year. As the Uk, usa and the aussies are stopping the income letter and at the moment we now have 2 options. Pay lump sum into Thai bank or pay monthly into a Thai bank at the appropriate rates. I did say to her that the embassies are telling their citizen that they have 2 ways to conform and also it states the same on the Thai government website. But she stated to me that there is only 1 way and that way was lump sum way. I did question her answer, but she was adamant.

When i go in mid Dec, i will be asking for better confirmation 1 way or 2 ways as stated by thai website and embassies.

Do you have the correct official Thai Government website i can print off and show, when i go

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, slappy said:

When i go in mid Dec, i will be asking for better confirmation 1 way or 2 ways as stated by thai website and embassies.

Do you have the correct official Thai Government website i can print off and show, when i go

No I do not have anything official I can post since there is nothing that states any option for proof.

• Like 1

INCOME STATEMENT LETTERS NO LONGER REQUIRED !

PHUKET:-- Phuket Immigration Deputy Chief Lt Col Archeep Jaroensuntisuk today (Nov 22) confirmed to The Phuket News that a letter confirming income is no longer required by any foreigner whose home country embassy no longer provides such official statements.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1069915-income-statement-letters-from-embassies-no-longer-required-confirms-phuket-immigration/

“However, the foreigner applying for the visa (or permit-to-stay) will still have to prove that they have the funds to stay in the country, such as by showing bank statements that prove the foreigner has B800,000 in a Thai bank account,” he said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/income-statement-letters-from-embassies-no-longer-required-confirms-phuket-immigration-69438.php#IZF5tP7cSx8GQ7b0.99

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

INCOME STATEMENT LETTERS NO LONGER REQUIRED !

PHUKET:-- Phuket Immigration Deputy Chief Lt Col Archeep Jaroensuntisuk today (Nov 22) confirmed to The Phuket News that a letter confirming income is no longer required by any foreigner whose home country embassy no longer provides such official statements.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1069915-income-statement-letters-from-embassies-no-longer-required-confirms-phuket-immigration/

“However, the foreigner applying for the visa (or permit-to-stay) will still have to prove that they have the funds to stay in the country, such as by showing bank statements that prove the foreigner has B800,000 in a Thai bank account,” he said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/income-statement-letters-from-embassies-no-longer-required-confirms-phuket-immigration-69438.php#IZF5tP7cSx8GQ7b0.99

Make me laugh: "INCOME STATEMENT LETTERS NO LONGER REQUIRED !"  Of Course not because we cannot get it anymore from some of our embassies.  He should  rather tell, what he needs instead of income letters. Not everybody can find 800 000 baht.  Such a big joke       ????

• Like 1

Yankee 99,,, Another one going over the edge.

The verified letters have stopped because the Embassies do not have the resources to 

check that the income told to them by the applicant is actually correct or overstated as

I am sure many did & got away with it because they knew that it would be stamped & signed anyway, which by law is a criminal offence signing a false declaration

If you are in a position where your income is sufficient to comply just show your passbook with the amount coming into your Thai A/C on a regular monthly basis.

It's not rocket science

6 minutes ago, natway09 said:

If you are in a position where your income is sufficient to comply just show your passbook with the amount coming into your Thai A/C on a regular monthly basis.

It's not rocket science

Yes, but previously they were insisting on the Embassy verification. Hopefully in the absence of Embassy letters TI will come out and tell us what they will accept and your proposal might be possible. We all await with bated breath.

• Thanks 1

I went to the same guy in Phetchabun on the 15th Nov and he did know about it and also asked me why they were stopping issuing the embassy verifications. I think that we have to wait and see what the central IO comes out with as I believe it was them that forced the embassies to stop issuing the letters by demanding them to verify the income which the embassies were not willing to do.

• Like 2

I was in the Phetchabun office Friday 23rd Nov for a 90 day report, I wont pay this 1000 Baht scheme they have there. I asked the youngish well built chap about my extension due in April next year and I would be applying for the Brit income letter as usual. He said that would be OK.

Be warned, this Imm Office enforces the TM30 rules.  There was a Brit being fined for not doing so, 1600 Baht fine plus 1900 Baht for his 60 day extension. He had his wife with him, neither aware of the TM30.

• Like 2