Quiet living in or on fringe of Thai city?

ThaiRebound

Quiet in Thailand? Places without traffic still have dogs and chicken making noise, and teenagers on motorbikes with loud exhausts can also be found anywhere.

If you want it quiet you have to find a house at the end of a dead end street which is away a few hundred meters from the next house ????

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I've never been anywhere in Thailand that didnt have some sort of pointless noise going on. They cant live without it.

The OP wants somewhere quiet here:cheesy:

The only place i know where that is possible is Nong Kao Klang, the hill tribe village i lived in, never any noise, only from motorbikes.

Mind you they dont have electric, so no boom boxes playing night and day.

• Like 2

Much of rural Khon Kaen would suit you. Most towns and villages go quiet around 8 to 9pm, until the cocks start crowing around 4:30am. Internet access is brilliant - 3BB is very popular up here. Many hotels in Khon Kaen and most towns have at least one resort with bungalows/chalets. Cost of living is inexpensive compared to Bangkok and the other popular tourist resorts.

• Like 2

There are so many homestays near everywhere you go and many of them are inexpensive and quiet... it really depends on how far from a major or minor city you want to be? How far to a decent supermarket? Restaurants etc... every place will have some sort of food markets, but it may seem like subsistence.. you choose, ocean, mtns, far from city, do you want English spoken nearby?? I think near every area will have someplace that will fit the few guidelines you posted.. 

Much of rural Khon Kaen would suit you. Most towns and villages go quiet around 8 to 9pm, until the cocks start crowing around 4:30am. Internet access is brilliant - 3BB is very popular up here. Many hotels in Khon Kaen and most towns have at least one resort with bungalows/chalets. Cost of living is inexpensive compared to Bangkok and the other popular tourist resorts.

Yep. Rural Khon Kaen resorts for sure! Total peace and quiet. Fast internet speeds. Everything a fraction of the price that you pay in Bangkok and other popular tourist resorts. 

Today’s photo: place virtually to myself, using laptop with fast connectivity for Skype and streaming video etc

08DA31E8-C57D-4043-AE77-1C0327A6C3CD.thumb.jpeg.5463397cdabcb48613d3c0f5cf33349b.jpeg&key=ea7fa90841e7fa1598ee963ceb2f418b3fc2918d0c7bd6a9977f132d16fde811

• Like 1

In the middle of the gulf on a sailboat! 

I will never forget my sailing trip to the Med. from Langkawi, in particular the night watches crossing the open Indian Ocean. Total peace and tranquility with not a sound to disturb your thoughts, aside from the wind in the sails, unpolluted skies full of stars. I could wax lyrically all night, but I guess you get the picture.

6 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

I live just outside the ring road in Khon Kaen. 15 minutes to the center of the city with everything a big city has to offer. My house is located just outside the village, close enough to have some neighbors and a short walk or ride of the bike to convenience store or barber, So quiet  and nature,you would think you were in the heart of farm country.

Out house to the right sister in law small house to the left , Love it there. (bananas, tamarind, mangoes, papaya, lime trees.) 

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, house and outdoor

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

Burma Bill, the bungalows sound like a good lead, and Jomtien is something I will look into, too. I would rather go to Vietnam, where I can get by without having to caravan for a 3-month visa, but the intern shopkeeper takes too many unscheduled breaks, and I need continuity of service. Thanks, all.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, Nemises said:

Yep. Rural Khon Kaen resorts for sure! Total peace and quiet. Fast internet speeds. Everything a fraction of the price that you pay in Bangkok and other popular tourist resorts. 

Today’s photo: place virtually to myself, using laptop with fast connectivity for Skype and streaming video etc

08DA31E8-C57D-4043-AE77-1C0327A6C3CD.thumb.jpeg.5463397cdabcb48613d3c0f5cf33349b.jpeg&key=ea7fa90841e7fa1598ee963ceb2f418b3fc2918d0c7bd6a9977f132d16fde811

I stay in rural Khon Kaen regularly and haven't found anything as nice as that. Name that resort....please!

Edited by Spidey

On 11/23/2018 at 9:01 AM, ThaiRebound said:

Burma Bill, the bungalows sound like a good lead, and Jomtien is something I will look into, too. I would rather go to Vietnam, where I can get by without having to caravan for a 3-month visa, but the intern shopkeeper takes too many unscheduled breaks, and I need continuity of service. Thanks, all.

Have a look around Bang Saen, has everything going for it if you stay away from the beach. Its a while since I stayed in the Yanadin Apartments but used to be very reasonable and had the taxis going past the front door.