Water problem

My wife rented a townhouse and did notice a big problems of water pressure in the house as the water wasn’t going up to the 1st and 2nd floor of the house. 

She did contact the owner who went to install a new pump but this one is not powerful enough to pump the water upstairs.

We send a message to inform the owner who reply that if we wanted to have a better one we should buy it ourselves !!

Is someone aware of the laws regarding this matter as it’s a burden for us not to have water pressure in the house.

Thank you 

• Haha 2

Thanks for your answers but by the book (and yes I know we are in Thailand ???? ) who’s responsible ?

if I move out then what about the deposit ?

Thanks for the advice regarding the pump I will have a technician look at it.

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2018 at 6:09 PM, isanb said:

Thanks for your answers but by the book (and yes I know we are in Thailand ???? ) who’s responsible ?

technician look at it

have in Thailand :cheesy: 

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2018 at 6:09 PM, isanb said:

who’s responsible ?

Not that it makes a lot of difference anyway ,what does your rental contract say who's responsible for repairs ???

the owner has at least made made an effort..maybe your expectations of how much water pressure a 3 storey ? house should have is not the same as theirs ?

do you have a big water holding tank somewhere in or around the building ?  if not  you could be pumping from the mains supply and if there is no supply ( quite common) there is nothing to pump.

• Like 1

i just buy pump my own house, because pressure not has good and all shower heater need minimium pressura can work, i buy water tank 1000 liter 4500 b and mitsubisihi good pump were have big pressure 2-3 floor but i need only 1 floor its my house, 4500 b cost pump and i looking later many shop has same pump cheapen i see 4000 b. simple add out or house and connect elektric and work well now. next i do to tank water level gauge whit arduino microcontroller and little easy code i can see lcd display out of bathroom wall tank capasities, have full or empty, sometime here have water cut and no know have we water. simple hobby project ewery men.

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

You can pick them up (misty / hitachi ) well under 10K, you can get a good pump for what you need for about 5-6K - Make sure you leave plenty of plastic pipe and joints so you can hacksaw it out again when you leave.

Yes, plenty of pressure pumps in that price level, also Mitsubishi, that can pump up to 10-11 meters or higher; count 3 meter for each floor.

I think a little more information is required from you. For example - is the water pressure low downstairs, is there a water tank dedicated to the house, how is the water pump plumbed into your reticulation?
If there is no dedicated water tank associated with the house and the supply water is weak then it is not the owners' responsibility. I think plumbing a pump into the system without a water tank is illegal anyway. 
I would suggest that given the owner has installed a new pump he has been cooperative. If the house rental is low I would look to solve the problem myself. As a first measure get a local "plumber" in for advice and have a translator with you. If the plumber offers a solution you could take that up with the owner in a negotiated and respectful way. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 3:09 AM, isanb said:

You can't have it both ways!  By the book / yes I know we are in Thailand.

Being Thailand with this type of landlord you can expect less in the future so you have to look at your deposit how much because you most likely won't get it back so the sensible thing to do first get a technician and have it check out if the pump isn't strong enough then you already got your answer from above post.

There are times from my own experience when a pump is put in it seem to blast water and the dirt to the tip of the fixture, try removing the tips and turn on the water again if problem is there clean tips and put back in.

Good luck  renting ask questions and get it down in writing especially here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OZBill said:

I think a little more information is required from you. For example - is the water pressure low downstairs, is there a water tank dedicated to the house, how is the water pump plumbed into your reticulation?
If there is no dedicated water tank associated with the house and the supply water is weak then it is not the owners' responsibility. I think plumbing a pump into the system without a water tank is illegal anyway. 
I would suggest that given the owner has installed a new pump he has been cooperative. If the house rental is low I would look to solve the problem myself. As a first measure get a local "plumber" in for advice and have a translator with you. If the plumber offers a solution you could take that up with the owner in a negotiated and respectful way. 

This is good advise. And yes responsibility for in issue like this is on a case by case basis and your agreement and relationship with the owner.  We have a really good, friendly and helpful owner, but we only pay 5,500 for a 4 bedroom townhouse so we don't expect too much in the way of maintenance and improvements.  

I just bought a Mitsubishi 150W automatic pressure pump for 4,900 baht at HomePro. The same model - same price at Global House. I will be installing it today for a garden irrigation system booster because the mooban water supply to the unit is through 1/2 pipe with fairly low pressure. The house system is okay and gets decent pressure to the second floor, with a 100W pump off a 200 liter drum holding tank. But like OZBill says, its all in how its plumbed, and if you haven't done it, you need pro help to get it right. 

Landlord agreements need to be spelled out in detail in your lease contract, who has responsibility for what expense and who owns which installed property.  In general, unless otherwise agreed in writing,  permanently installed appliances, like air con units and pumps become the property of the owner.   Unfortunately the most common experience is that owners are all fuzzy smiley and your best friend when they are taking your money, but ugly as sin when it comes to moving out and returning your deposit. There are beautiful exceptions, but cover yourself with a business is business approach. 

• Like 1