Pattaya’s failure to control garbage, floods, sewage imperil rebuilt beach

Rimmer

51 minutes ago, kotsak said:

And the usual photo showing a tourist looking around in disbelief of what he sees. I wouldn't take off my shoes if I was him.

Maybe he is looking to see what he can find. Dreaming some thing of value is among all the garbage

• Haha 1

Joking aside was this not predictable ? The underlying cause of beach road flooding out everytime with heavy rains still hasn't been addressed so all the beautification of the beach was always going to be at risk .. Patt' authorities need to find a solution to this as damage to its reputation might become beyond redemption .. :shock1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Be realistic. Need to replace the phrase 'inability to control sewage spills' with 'inability for decades to run a local administration effectively.'

Pattaya is not the only Town that is buit right next to the Ocean.

Not so many others all around the Globe seem to suffer from the issues that Pattaya has.

The Local Admin Authority has been run extremelt efficiently for many years.   Just not for the good of residents or Tourists alike.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

Why don't they break out the mechanical beach cleaning machines which were never used because 'No one knew how to operate them?' They were a nice little earner for someone.????

Turn a few bar girls upside down and vacum it up

Close off beach road  completly - dig up the entire road section, put in a proper sewerage/storm water system and make it a pedestrian walk way and a public green space with no traffic access.. Thats the only way Pattaya beach will become semi swimable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Patt' authorities need to find a solution

The solution is to exchange the people in charge, as they're obviously only interested in lining their pockets. Incompetent guys out, wannabe competent guys in.

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2018 at 2:08 AM, Cake Monster said:

Pattaya is not the only Town that is buit right next to the Ocean.

Not so many others all around the Globe seem to suffer from the issues that Pattaya has.

The Local Admin Authority has been run extremelt efficiently for many years.   Just not for the good of residents or Tourists alike.

I get your meaning  of the last two sentences. Well put. Efficiency from one pocket into another.