I want to loss my weight

jimmybarret

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ThaidDown said:

Eat less and exercise more. It's not difficult.

I don't think he came here for simplistic, flawed clichés.

The diet industry is worth many billions of dollars and the main reason it's so lucrative is that the advice fails about 99 percent of the time. So lifetime customers.

I think the most important part is that you have to be motivated to do it. Really motivated!

I have also a couple of kg too much and I like the idea about losing weight. But then again I like good food and cake and chocolate and pasta and ice-cream.

What would I gain if I lose weight? Would the girls be 50B cheaper? How much would I have to lose and how much would I have to exercise before the girls would decide something like: He is old but so handsome...

Summary for me: Not enough motivation.

Over to you, maybe you are better motivated.

A guy I know has lost 30 kg by eating this salad 7 days a week, lunchtimes, I  eat it 2 or 3 times a week its simply delicious ,I never tire of it ;

1 Tin Tuna ( in water/brine) drained and flaked.

1 dessert spoon german mustard

1 splash soy sauce

1 squirt lemon juice

1 splash Olive Oil

Fresh Coriander leaves,loads,chopped

1/2 medium Onion Chopped

Celery finely Chopped ( as much as you want)

Pitted Black or Green Olives - dessert spoonful.

mix it all together and try not too eat it too quickly - really.

Over time you will adjust ingredient quantities to suit your taste.

Good Luck...

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What would I gain if I lose weight? 

You'd have to check the price difference between your actual XXXL clothes and L clothes...

Also you would save on the cost of food, chocolate cake is much more expensive than unsalted nuts!

As for the bar girls, that would rather be the opposite: the fatter you are, the richer you are!

They have no interest for slim guys, even less so if they don't shave their head and have no tattoos!

3 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

You'd have to check the price difference between your actual XXXL clothes and L clothes...

Also you would save on the cost of food, chocolate cake is much more expensive than unsalted nuts!

As for the bar girls, that would rather be the opposite: the fatter you are, the richer you are!

They have no interest for slim guys, even less so if they don't shave their head and have no tattoos!

Why should I eat unsalted nuts if I can afford chocolate cake?

The bigger t-shirts cost on Sukhumvit maybe 50B more than the smaller size. No problem.

Which brings us back to the question about the motivation...

43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The diet industry is worth many billions of dollars and the main reason it's so lucrative is that the advice fails about 99 percent of the time. So lifetime customers.

It is not simplistic or a flawed cliche. It is fact. Less calories in and more calories out results in weight loss.

One of the main reasons that there are so many diets is that too many people want to make money from regimes that will only work for a small percentage of people.

( also not interested in any selected links that support or reject any particular theory as the opposite view can just as easily be linked)

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I agree ,forget the diet industry ,do what i did to lose 17 kg , eat half the rice , and cut out late night meals , also just cut your portions down .and walk as much as you can .

25 minutes ago, ThaidDown said:

It is not simplistic or a flawed cliche. It is fact. Less calories in and more calories out results in weight loss.

One of the main reasons that there are so many diets is that too many people want to make money from regimes that will only work for a small percentage of people.

( also not interested in any selected links that support or reject any particular theory as the opposite view can just as easily be linked)

It's not only about calories and simple math. Different foods are used very differently by the body. In other words calories consumed is not in any way the same thing as calories used. Choosing what kinds of foods to eat and which not to eat or to  limit (and also portion control) is much more logical than counting calories. The old it's just simple math cliché is as dated as answering machines.

Cutting back on carbohydrates (which is just about everything that tastes good) is the best way to lose the rollers.  Like maybe one slice of bread instead of two.  Just a few chips instead of a bunch.  2 beers instead of 5.  etc.  Along with a 30-60 minute walk (or treadmill) 5 days a week you will be feeling good soon.

8 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Cutting back on carbohydrates (which is just about everything that tastes good) is the best way to lose the rollers.  Like maybe one slice of break instead of two.  Just a few chips instead of a bunch.  2 beers instead of 5.  etc.  Along with a 30-60 minute walk (or treadmill) 5 days a week you will be feeling good soon.

Beans are carbs. Broccoli is carbs. Think again. So many people want to sell simplistic solutions to a very complex problem. 

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not only about calories and simple math. Different foods are used very differently by the body. In other words calories consumed is not in any way the same thing as calories used.

Maybe I should have explained 'eat less' in more detail. It means whatever you are eating now eat less of it at each mealtime, + do more exercise. Then 'simple math' does rule.

See you added further edits as you normally do. Not interested in your further justifications, I repeat eat less means eat the same as you do now but less each meal. How the body deals with different types of food does not come into it then.

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In other words calories consumed is not in any way the same thing as calories used. 

A calorie is a unit of energy  There are different types of energy but a calorie is a calorie whether being consumed or expended.

44 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not only about calories and simple math. Different foods are used very differently by the body. In other words calories consumed is not in any way the same thing as calories used. Choosing what kinds of foods to eat and which not to eat or to  limit (and also portion control) is much more logical than counting calories. The old it's just simple math cliché is as dated as answering machines.

The thing is if you make it too complicated for people, they'll just say forget it.  The simplest advice is true:  burn more than you take in and you will lose weight.  I'll bet the OP doesn't exercise and just porks out at every meal.  He knows what he needs to do...but is hoping for a miracle cure that doesn't take too much effort. 

34 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Cutting back on carbohydrates (which is just about everything that tastes good) is the best way to lose the rollers.  Like maybe one slice of bread instead of two.  Just a few chips instead of a bunch.  2 beers instead of 5.  etc.  Along with a 30-60 minute walk (or treadmill) 5 days a week you will be feeling good soon.

I did this. I lost 45 kg in 16 months. (108 to 63 kg) I just want to add that the walking should be done at maximum speed, not just a leisurely stroll. Even though a stroll is better than sitting still.

Just now, androokery said:

I did this. I lost 45 kg in 16 months. (108 to 63 kg) I just want to add that the walking should be done at maximum speed, not just a leisurely stroll. Even though a stroll is better than sitting still.

Giving the heart a good workout is usually a good thing.  But, whether one sprints for 1 minute or leisurely strolls for 20, the calories "burned" are the same for the same distance.

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

The thing is if you make it too complicated for people, they'll just say forget it.  The simplest advice is true:  burn more than you take in and you will lose weight.  I'll bet the OP doesn't exercise and just porks out at every meal.  He knows what he needs to do...but is hoping for a miracle cure that doesn't take too much effort. 

One chocolate candy is a 30 minute walk.  

Archived