I want to loss my weight

jimmybarret

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "thing" is that metabolism is complicated.  Everyone metabolizes at a different rate.  But, it is very simple:  if you consume more calories than you "burn" the fat cells store the potential energy.  Just living will take so much energy - some people take more/less than others.  It still works down to consumption versus energy expended.  It is that simple.

Most of the large diet plans that work well are all essentially one kind of diet.  Unbalance the carbs, fat, and protein.  I know that gives doctors and dietitians and self-styled nutritionist fits.  Just what works.  Documented so many times by so many people not really worth discussing again.

Atkins is a high fat and protein diet.  Works well.  NO carbs to low carbs.

Vegan is 80% carbs and usually whole food, lots of fruits and vegetables and little processed food.  Works well.

Keto is high fat.  Works well.

And some things like grain product restrictions like the Wheat Belly diet work for some.

What doesn't work!  The usual advice pedaled by doctors and the fast food industry of eating less and moving more.  Pure rubbish.  However, the excellent public service advertising of McD's and Coke and Frito-lay have conned a gullible public into believing this and the doctors into adopting it as their mantra.  I guess pushing cigarettes to relax and improve your digestion sort of fizzled for the American Medical Association.  Well it was a good 30 years of easy money.  For large donations from big tobacco doctors pushed smoking from when they knew conclusively that cigarettes caused lung cancer in 1934 until 1968 when the public was finally told.   It will be probably around 30 years before the doctors start whistling another tune about weight loss.  Too much big pharma and food industry association money to collect up.  They will preach eat less and move more until the last day. ( or last large contribution check is given)   My doctor was telling me all of that calories in and calories out nonsense.  I kept staring at his big round gut and his ass was hanging off the rolling chair in the exam room.  I told him I didn't believe it, and in quiet tones he said yeah there are other things like hormones insulin etc.  I hope he avails himself of some of the things he has found out and loses some weight.  That dude is not healthy!  And he is aware the advice he is giving is complete crapola.  Most doctors are trained to carry the corporate speak.

You will experience the least weight loss on portion control or calorie counting.  Basically any other method is better including fasting.  And the weight rebounds faster than you have lost it with those two methods of portion control and calorie counting.  The advocates will just tell you to do it twice as hard or three times as hard.  Don't!  It damages your ability to lose weight.  You could check out the HBO special by the National Science Foundation the Biology of weight loss.  It is on youtube. 

I utilized intermittent fasting.  I have always hated breakfast all my life.  I also utilized staying off of processed food as much as possible. Lots of raw veggies from Tops salad bar.  Plenty of boiled eggs and salmon.  I did do a small bit of greek yogurt high protein low fat and carbs.  Some expensive cheeses not the heavily processed crap.  Skip most whole grain products unless you go for the german breads that come in the small plastic wrappers.  They have about 3 times the fiber in them of most bread.  

I also went to the gym 4 times a week for body building.  Never did get beyond warm up and cool down cardio.  Just too damned boring. 

I also utilized Voskran clinic for a sports package which included testosterone.  This is also their anti-aging or reverse aging package.  Frankly if you are low in the hormone dept. exercise and diet can't help you much.  I went thru a long plateau of no weight loss and body fat loss until I went on their 10 week program.  They are real doctors which do pre-test of the blood and then prescribe.  Not a fast fix clinic with a bottle of this and bottle of that without knowing the bodies needs thru medical testing.  And later monitoring to make sure you don't pass safe levels.  Expensive and worth it.  There are other sports clinics and anti-aging programs here and everywhere.  Don't go to the weight loss clinics that push surgery or diet pills.  Bad news!  Some people learn enough to do their own sports or anti-aging treatments to save money.  I have no objection, but there is a huge amount of people just injecting this and injecting that and swallowing god knows what!  Usually you see their untimely death notices posted from Pattya here in TVF.

I lost around 31 lbs and it seems to be gone.  That was over 10% of my body mass.  I upped my muscle mass considerably and decreased my fat mass most notably.  My body changed shape and I had to order lots of clothes in smaller sizes.  Make sure you monitor body shape as measuring only weight with the old fashioned scales does not give you much of an assessment of how your body maybe changing based on your diet and exercise program.  It is often a very poor measurement as water weight from a hot day or a sudden bout of the trots gives you poor data.  Long term point to point like measuring once a week is enough.  Or everyday but taking 7 or 14 day averages as your weight also works.  

I sort of gave up on this forum because we have calorie and portion control people here that like to shout down the other members.

Pick something stick with it 2 or 3 months.  If it doesn't work go on to something else.  Don't let anyone talk you out of doing what is successful for you.  Weight loss is often very individual.  And when a method stops working move on.  The body does build up a tolerance to the new diet you may be adopting in a few months.

Best of luck.  Let us know what leads to success for you?

OH one last tidbit.  I did find endless cardio and walking allowed fat gain but kept my weight at the same level.  I use a really good multi-analysis scale.  It does body fat, muscle mass, bone density, the dreaded BMI which should be used for comparison but not an end all be all.

Well I have rambled on long enough.  Still best of luck 2 OP.  

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, bankruatsteve said:

The "thing" is that metabolism is complicated.  Everyone metabolizes at a different rate.  But, it is very simple:  if you consume more calories than you "burn" the fat cells store the potential energy.  Just living will take so much energy - some people take more/less than others.  It still works down to consumption versus energy expended.  It is that simple.

An interesting factoid from the aforementioned Australian t.v. show. Research shows that people that have lost a lot of weight and managed to maintain that for six years (that's rare) still retain the same profile of ABORMALLY high biological hunger stimulating hormones that they had before the weight loss. Professor Proietto concludes that if the same condition exists after six years, it's for life. In other words, obesity is a CHRONIC lifetime condition even for those that have lost weight and managed to keep it off. This wouldn't be relevant for more normal people that want to lose ten pounds to look better on the beach.

I’ve lost 7k about 15 lbs in the last 6 weeks. I never liked exact diets but just the simple eating less of the foods I like ( I’m not big on sweets ) and for sure going to the gym with a couple days of more rigorous cardio and a couple days just walking or taking the bicycle out. I always liked using weights and machines at the gym and have increased them a little. If I cut a few more calories out per day I think I would shed the kilos a little quicker but I’m happy with the results so far. It’s simple but it works for almost everyone ( no links necessary). 

The method I use(d) was so good, that in combination with bike riding, and pushing a 29 kg 60 year old push reel mower, around a 2 Acre block; I went from 102 kg, down to an average 75kg

the combination! - well it included popping Xenical capsules daily

Long after I started them, I since heard this stuff is extremely popular in japan; where business folks eat up really big by the after workday, popping the capsules, and the result is simply weight loss!

well there's actually more to the story...

The idea of it is to convince you to stop eating badly( as in bad type foods) aka specifically greasy fatty types.

If you don't modify your food types, you end up, like an incontinent!

I found the hard way (well it wasn't hard at all, but quite mushy)

I was in uniform at the time too ???? 

anyway... cut to the chase:

if you continue to eat on the grease and fatty foods - you will be spitting bright red and whatever red chicken curry looking oil from the bottom sphincter

The dunny bowl water looks like youve simply dumped the cooking pot bright red curry into it image.png.5a418e5aceeaa5149984253afc1db789.png

it really works!!! I stopped eating anything fatty - totally... for years.

It also meant that whenever I visited our malaysian friends, I was unable to let myself eat any of his wife's cooking ???? 

If I knew some bad eating was planned, I had to refrain from the capsules from the day prior at least in warning

Xenical

image.jpeg.fd76ea706f448b990e572b552d02bf22.jpeg 

Been doing Keto for the last 3 months. Lost roughly 3 kg per month. Its delicious too - once you get fat adapted, you don't miss the carbs!

Thailand isn't the easiest place to do it, but i have never felt slimmer and generally better. Oh, and gym daily

Salads, heavy on celery, cucumber and lettuce. No mayonnaise. Restrict portions of meat or fish to 100g. Remove chicken skin. Cut off visible fat. No alcohol. No sugar hits. As much fruit as you want.

I promise you'll be feeling great within a week, and losing weight.

For healthy exercise, get a girl friend.

I have found that a Keto diet is working for me, 12kg lost in 2 months (it could have been more, but I didn't stay in ketosis). My body doesn't seem to like carbs.. also you do have to force yourself to excercise (both the diet and exercise are hard work because I'm lazy) check out thai keto friends on Facebook.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:50 PM, ThaidDown said:

Maybe I should have explained 'eat less' in more detail. It means whatever you are eating now eat less of it at each mealtime, + do more exercise. Then 'simple math' does rule.

See you added further edits as you normally do. Not interested in your further justifications, I repeat eat less means eat the same as you do now but less each meal. How the body deals with different types of food does not come into it then.

A bowl of grated carrot & chopped celery in balsamic vinegar is enough to stop me feeling hungry while not overdoing my calorie intake on fast days. Nuts work too. I'm losing weight slowly but steadily and should reach my target by easter/songkran. When I get there I plan to stay there or perhaps drop a little lower...

I was overweight and lost over 1kg a month. Now I am a good weight and feel great for it. I did it the easy way which is:

1. Lots of exercise - I go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week and actually work out. Sitting between exercises doesnt count

2. Cut Fats and sugar out of my diet - No full fat milk or sugar in my drinks but lots of water

3. Do no eat more than a small sandwich before bed

4. Eat lots of fish but not prawns, crab etc as they are high in fat

5. No chocolate or candies

6. Walk everywhere if is less than 6km in one direction

Hard at first but once you get used to it you cant understand why you did anything else

On 11/23/2018 at 5:44 PM, marcusarelus said:

One chocolate candy is a 30 minute walk.  

6 squares of dark chocolate is 50 cals and can be an occasional treat...if the wife hides the rest of the bar! ????

(Once a month or so. Tesco 150g bar. For obvious reasons I prefer not having one in the house)

On 11/23/2018 at 2:36 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the most important part is that you have to be motivated to do it. Really motivated!

I have also a couple of kg too much and I like the idea about losing weight. But then again I like good food and cake and chocolate and pasta and ice-cream.

What would I gain if I lose weight? Would the girls be 50B cheaper? How much would I have to lose and how much would I have to exercise before the girls would decide something like: He is old but so handsome...

Summary for me: Not enough motivation.

Over to you, maybe you are better motivated.

I think the real motivation is your long term health. If you are over weight it puts stress on your body. Keeping to a good weight increases your chances of a longer active life.

Google or Youtube "Keto Diet" ... it involves cutting out the sugars and carbs in your diet, and it will explain to you why. I have been on it ( and not hungry at all  ) for about 10 weeks now and have lost 10Kg. A kilo er week is pretty good for a 56 year old. Stay active and stick to the diet and the weight will come off.

Good luck !

19 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

There is a way!! Don't go on some fad diet.

Eat Plant only based food - eat as much as you like and lose weight! And start a regime of exercise. Ask me in a personal message how to get started.

Yours is a fad diet too but good luck if it works ????

I have tried many many diets and the only one that has worked in my 79 years of life has been the one that turns the food pyramid upside down. Eat lots of protein, fats, fruits and vegetables and very few if any carbs. Your body will go into a state of ketosis. (A good thing) and start eating up your own body fat as it’s source of energy. In the very beginning you may find yourself having a lack of energy but that soon passes as your body adapts to the new diet. One major side benefit besides removing a lot of weight off of your hip and knee joints is it eliminates (cures) type 2 diabetes so you won’thave To take meds like meteor in to control your blood sugar.

I am on a low-carb lifestyle now in 10 weeks lost nearly 10 kilo's and still feels good no need anymore for rice, pasta's, potato's and bread even my blood sugar has gone to good levels went from 107 kilo's to 97,4 today still a few kilo's to go but it is going slower by now................

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

This is a bad place to look for help losing weight. If the OP wants a few tips, PM me.

Many people on this thread are bagging the diets proposed by others. It's like religions - you can't all be right.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:36 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the most important part is that you have to be motivated to do it. Really motivated!

I have also a couple of kg too much and I like the idea about losing weight. But then again I like good food and cake and chocolate and pasta and ice-cream.

What would I gain if I lose weight? Would the girls be 50B cheaper? How much would I have to lose and how much would I have to exercise before the girls would decide something like: He is old but so handsome...

Summary for me: Not enough motivation.

Over to you, maybe you are better motivated.

"What would I gain if I lose weight?" You will have a better chance of a healthy life.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:42 AM, jimmybarret said:

Please suggest how i can loss the weight?

Check you fasting blood sugar and east after that, combined with some level exercise.

Read more...

"Danish researchers develop test that reveals diet needed for weight loss"

A scientific study behind blood sugar diet...

"Fasting blood sugar and fasting insulin identified as new biomarkers for weight loss"

–and in general, don't eat too much – more fuel input than burn off/output will cause an accumulation – a two or three day so-called "water cure" can help get started; i.e. don't eat, but drink (enough) water only for two or three days. Just drinking a glass of water before a meal might make you eat little less. Also be aware of alcohol consumption of more than average two to three units a day, as alcohol can make one gain weight.

????

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Many people on this thread are bagging the diets proposed by others. It's like religions - you can't all be right.

Yet some ( or at least one ) would disagree with you and keep going and going and going. It’s sad that even a couple posters before you have to leave the OP a message to PM them instead of joining in.  What has become of this forum? Hope 2019 is not a monopoly by a handful of vociferous posters. The OP simply asked what he can do to loose some weight, jeez! 

I have lost 48 kilogram = 105.821 885 85 pound, over the last 11 months in Thailand.

I cut out all thai food and eat only Steak with the fat on, eggs, little portions of fish with lots of whiskey. Minimum salads. One cup of coffee per month, water of 475ml per day. I ration wine and fruit as I am a T1 Diabetic.

Called the Banting Diet.

Beats the Keto diet hands down.

Sugar and carbs are your killers.

Remember, meat is meat is man must eat. Duck is duck.......and man must.....eat poultry too. I don't eat any poultry.

Breakfast: Bacon (could be any meat), toast, and tea (no milk or sugar)

Lunch: Fish, toast, fruit, poultry or game (think pheasant, venison, rabbit, chicken etc), and a couple glasses of claret (wine) or sherry

Snack: Fruit, a rusk (type of biscuit), and a cup of tea (no milk or sugar)

Dinner: Meat or fish, some vegetables, fruit, toast, poultry or game, and a couple glasses of claret

Pre-Bed Snack: Two glasses of sherry

Archived