Four killed as car crashes into rear of truck in Chon Buri

rooster59

7 hours ago, damascase said:

Having their picture taken with the 4 bodies - I fail to understand that........

absolutely nothing compared to some of the photo's taken during the tsunami clean-up. 

Edited by Artisi

1 minute ago, Tailwagsdog said:

I agree esp it we are trying to educate speeding teenagers however if the photos are too gruesome they won't make it into the mass media.

Teenagers are invincible which extends into Thai adult life, therefore the pictures will have zero effect.

4 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Smart drivers at it again.

To fast , To pissed , To stupid.  Take your pick, or maybe all.

Next. :coffee1:

Thai drivers are rarely known to apply emergency brakes at all. They tend to swerve either right or left without braking at all . Seems to be hardcoded into their brains. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, damascase said:

Having their picture taken with the 4 bodies - I fail to understand that........

No need to publish photos of the bodies, either.  They're people, not a spectacle.

If they need to send some sort of message (not that it's going to change anything), the car itself says plenty.

• Like 1

Using brakes , is loosing Face in Thailand. 

speed and headlight on...........is the rule of the game

whats about the rule, at u turns you have to drive left and deffensiv ,  long ago ,was getting a ticket at a polic check after an uturn bcs i was overturn cars on an uturn

30 year driving Car in Thailand .dont belive my self, i never involved in an accident where i was wrong,i hope the next years too... but thats only a hope

22 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Even if you are driving 100 km/h it's hard to avoid a collision with those idiots that are just driving 20 or 30.

Or with those idiot power poles, concrete walls, pylons, and bus stops that aren't even driving. Buses, vans, taxis can't avoid them and other hazards either. Walking's not safe, Japanese tourist hit just the other day. Best just stay inside all the time. Fortunately there's online ordering, food delivery, and hookup apps these days. 

23 hours ago, neeray said:

Defensive driving is the answer. Very simple. Totally unnecessary waste of 4 lives.

You are totally correct. AKA as "situational awareness".

It has to be a culural reason for this endless stupidity of so many drivers/riders (and their "political" leadership). Cars were introduced into Thailand, I understand, in 1913 (Model T Ford). In a 105 years what have they learned? Little or nothing!! My mind boggles (shakes his head in disbelief). 

To those killed R.I.P and condolences to families and friends.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Thai drivers are rarely known to apply emergency brakes at all. They tend to swerve either right or left without braking at all . Seems to be hardcoded into their brains. 

You forgot to add, blow the horn long and hard and flash headlights, it beats using your brakes. 

6 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

You are totally correct. AKA as "situational awareness".

It has to be a culural reason for this endless stupidity of so many drivers/riders (and their "political" leadership). Cars were introduced into Thailand, I understand, in 1913 (Model T Ford). In a 105 years what have they learned? Little or nothing!! My mind boggles (shakes his head in disbelief). 

To those killed R.I.P and condolences to families and friends.

Disagree - in the main it's nonsense, check the numbers, about 14% road deaths by cars, 75% approx motorbikes 3 or 4% heavy vehicles. 

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Apparently not, as the continuing carnage confirms.

Exactly.  Note the part in parentheses.  Nothing is going to change people, so might as well not put photos of poor dead people out there for others to gawk at.

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

Disagree - in the main it's nonsense, check the numbers, about 14% road deaths by cars, 75% approx motorbikes 3 or 4% heavy vehicles. 

Don't trivialise the problem please! Just tell me what they have learned (even during "modern" times)? Sweet <deleted> is the answer!

On 11/24/2018 at 1:28 PM, damascase said:

Body snatchers. Once heard they used to have photos of the most gruesome scenes at their offices and had a competition of sorts. I guess it's akin to hunters posing with some dead meat. 

Suk in the middle of the night, Mad Max for beginners. 

Left U-Turn? 

11 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

If driving up on the wrong side of the road. 

That will be the normal expectable behaviour on the roads of Thailand.

and that includes some police officers.

Truly disgraceful behaviour. 

They deserve all they get on the roads.

• Like 1