Recent experince with Powerbuy

Changbeer4me

On the 12th Nov I went to buy a new washing machine and TV.

So after deciding which items to buy we were told the washing machine was not in stock 

and they could not deliver until the 20th , the TV would not be delivered until the 25 th.

I' m thinking surely a company of this size would have a huge wharehouse and be able to source

overnight from Bangkok.

I enquired why we could have the one on display.   No they needed it.

so rather that keep a customer that just brought a Washing Machine, Samsung TV and a Sound Bar

happy there need it for show.   I was on he verge of walking out and thought 8 days and well have it.

TiT Oh No.....

Later they call said Washing Machine and TV and Sound Bar will come on the same day 25th.

TiT Oh No....

24th in the evening call to say the Washing Machine will not be coming till the 30th

well I was beyond pissed off.  I have place a message and am awaiting a reply and answer

why is so hard to deliver as promised.

So  be aware just because they are a Big Company they are unable to deliverd products

as promised .  This is very poor level of service.

The guy's who delivered the TV and instaaled the Sohnd bar were great and I have nothing but praise

for their level of service.   As for the people who have stuffed me around you are delivering a very 

low level of serivce and I hope my experince is heard at the higher levels and someone can explain

and fix what ever problems they have in delivering products to Customers.

I had to hold beck my wife from chewing the delivery guys a second arse.  Said its not thier fault 

no good getting stuck into them.

Will post of any updates, but not holding my breath.

TV's not so imporatant .

Washing Machines, Fridge very important PB get your act together.

Not a Happy Power Buy Customer....

Changbeer4me

Edited by Changbeer4me
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I bought an item from Powerbuy recently. It had a fault and I didnt like it much anyway, so I took it back a couple of days later. They asked if I wanted an identical replacement or a different brand. I selected a model from a different brand which wasn't in stock but which could be delivered to them about 3 working days later. 3 days later I went back and it was waiting for me.

No problems with service there. YMMV.

This not having items in stock and delivering them from a warehouse somewhere in Nakhon nowhere is irritating. I have been messed around awaiting a mattress or something as the sun set and a driver got stuck in roadworks a few times. More annoying when I have the truck outside the shop and envisaged taking it myself. 

my 5 cents to the washing machine. . . . . .if it gets set up by the Thai guys who will deliver it, make sure the machine housing is properly grounded.  If a washing machine is connected to a two-wire Thai-style socket that has no ground wire,  you are going to have a small problem when you touch a metal part (like the drum)  . . . it will zapp you!

• Like 1

I bought a washing machine from PB too. When they delivered, it was the wrong model, -caught the problem before they installed it, so I refused delivery. Delivery guy phones the store, store manager says to return to the store and he will refund me the difference between the 2 models. The lower model was not adequate and told the guy, deliver the correct model today, or I'll return to get a full refund. He sent the delivery guys to a nearby city, got the right model, and delivered it about 7pm same day.

Thais hate to give money back, and will do almost anything to keep the money!

On 26 November 2018 at 10:23 AM, crazygreg44 said:

my 5 cents to the washing machine. . . . . .if it gets set up by the Thai guys who will deliver it, make sure the machine housing is properly grounded.  If a washing machine is connected to a two-wire Thai-style socket that has no ground wire,  you are going to have a small problem when you touch a metal part (like the drum)  . . . it will zapp you!

Thanks Crazygreg44 will keep that in mind should a ever see the 

washing machine.  As it only a two prong plug.

Banana7 

How could they get something so basic so wrong.

3 more days will be asking for a full refund if a no show 

this time.

Thanks 

TV is going great guns, but no good with lots washing

awaiting a good scrub.

Changber4me

Regarding not selling you the floor model: The store cannot sell the floor model because it's not theirs to sell.  The floor/display model (sometimes?) is property of the manufacturer (distributor?)  and not the store.  Hard to understand the reason, but it was confirmed to me at a couple stores.  This was in Hua Hin at Power Buy and HomePro a few years ago, but I have no reason to believe it's not the same situation here and now.

1 hour ago, wpcoe said:

Regarding not selling you the floor model: The store cannot sell the floor model because it's not theirs to sell.  The floor/display model (sometimes?) is property of the manufacturer (distributor?)  and not the store.  Hard to understand the reason, but it was confirmed to me at a couple stores.  This was in Hua Hin at Power Buy and HomePro a few years ago, but I have no reason to believe it's not the same situation here and now.

Thanks wpcoe good to know.

Well it finally arrived on the 30th Nov and the Mrs has been Happily washing everyday since.  It's a lot quieter than the LG we owned before and lucky a three pronged plug.  

Thanks for the tip Crazygreg44.

Thanks for all the advice 

Regards

Changbeer4me