Who has gone and left ??

georgegeorgia

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I wont be leaving because I havent gone to live there full time yet.

But what im complaining about is all the complainers who complain but and threaten to leave but never do, in fact no one has left .

A bit of a pointless thread, in my opinion. With the exceptions of the Danes nothing has changed yet. The stopping of embassy letters from the British, American and Australian embassies will not kick in fully until the end of June 2019. Try again next year and you might get some more serious replies rather than the rehash of answers already given on other threads.

• Like 1

Until the Thai Immigration actually get their heads out of their collective ar..se and put something in writing regarding what exactly they will accept for proof of income from those who do not choose to put money into a Thai Bank I think it would be foolish to up and move at this point. However, keeping ones options open and doing a bit of due diligence should they make it impossible for some of us to want to remain here is a sound choice. In my case the monthly income is not a problem but I am not going to jump through hoops to satisfy Thai Immigration.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

No , your exactly right.

Yes if someone posted a sensible and informative post that they left Thailand, you would have all the halfwits replying with stupid comments, dont let the door hit you on the way out and stuff like that.

So i guess thats why they dont bother,unfortunately a lot of immature old men around nowadays.

lot of immature old men around nowadays.... did you include yourself there

On 11/26/2018 at 8:21 AM, georgegeorgia said:

But what im complaining about is all the complainers who complain but and threaten to leave but never do, in fact no one has left .

Not your issue then is it. People come and go all the time for all sorts of reasons, Me included. I live in Thailand for residence purposes but work outside the country. You don't know the in's and out's of the whole situation that people face. So until you actually live in Thailand keep your opinions to yourself. 

• Thanks 1

This is a better question to ask about this time next year.  Most embassies are still supplying the letters until the end of the year.  So considering that it hasn't happened yet, "who the hell has talked the talk and walked the walk and had some testicular fortitude to actually do something about it and actually left Thailand" don't need to leave yet.

I do have a few questions though.  Why the taunting post aimed at those who may have trouble meeting the "money in the bank" requirements?  Would you feel better if some of our fellow expats are forced out of the Kingdom?  Why?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Every time (not so often) that there is a change in "Visa rules", there are always many members promising an "exodus" of thousands of expats, but it never happens...

At worse, I have heard of a few guys leaving for Cambodia when TI became stricter on visarun, but seems that most of them came back in Thailand before the end of the first year. :wink:

In the case of these embassies' decisions, it's way to early to move. People in a difficult situation must first know if and how TI rules may change next year. And I hope they all will find a way to stay...

Good post, but there are no ifs and hows about it. TI rules will change, and as usual there will be no advantage to us expats.

4 hours ago, quandow said:

Nobody knows at this time, including TI. I have an American friend who is a hiring official for a Fortune 500 company in Thailand. He is getting out as soon as he can find employment in another country claiming immigration is making his job a living hell. As well, multiple reports of people with legitimate visas being turned away at the border. Shit is hitting the fan.

Excellent post Quandow, but there are so many deluded posters here who think TI are the bees knees.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Excellent post Quandow, but there are so many deluded posters here who think TI are the bees knees.

The topic of the thread is how many left or who can't afford to put 30 grand in the bank.  And you anti Thai fellas are trying to turn it into another anti Thai rant.  Who do you know that left?  Do you really hang around with people who can't put 30 grand in the bank? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Who? Where? People refused entry that I heard about were all "false tourists" living long time in Thailand, never expats. Get the correct visa and no problem.

Thousands?? Expat? I doubt. Yo must be talking about workers for nearby countries. Doesn't concern "us".

"Get the correct visa and no problem".  Really! What about the IOs "discretion"?

Give a Thai a nice uniform and some authority then---------------------

Back to topic guys please ! This is not an "immigration" topic.

Flame posts removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I have read of thousands being caught on serious immigration violations, most being deported, in that case I'd say leaving Thailand is not quite a case of "testicular fortitude" unless they kick them in the netherparts first.

You have read of thousands?

The Martian Times must be an interesting read..up there with Reader's Digest and Lassie Come Home (condensed version).

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, connda said:

This is a better question to ask about this time next year.  Most embassies are still supplying the letters until the end of the year.  So considering that it hasn't happened yet, "who the hell has talked the talk and walked the walk and had some testicular fortitude to actually do something about it and actually left Thailand" don't need to leave yet.

I do have a few questions though.  Why the taunting post aimed at those who may have trouble meeting the "money in the bank" requirements?  Would you feel better if some of our fellow expats are forced out of the Kingdom?  Why?

Very good question Connda, the poster who aimed the "taunting post" is probably one of those who think TI are the bees knees.

On 11/26/2018 at 11:21 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I think all those guy who threatened to leave are now with the same guys who swore to leave the USA if Trump would win the elections and become a president...( a clue, several prominent movie actors and directors)...

Edited by ezzra

13 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I think all those guy who threatened to leave are now with the same guys who swore to leave the USA if Trump would win the elections and become a president...( a clue, several prominent movie actors and directors)...

The ones that have left(or leaving) will probably do so without much fanfare.

Those that do announce their departure on TVF often do so only to be greeted with mongoloid shrieks of "Don't let the door hit you on the way out!" and other such cerebral courtesies..as if the responders had some sort of lien on original thought-which they most assuredly do not.

Which is why I usually place a little "Lassie come home and take your medication" balloon above their heads'

Craziest place that I ever came across after travelling (on and off) for 40 years-and I'm not talking about the Thai.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

What has changed for retired fellas?  One change in the amount in the bank in 40 years and it went up a few baht. 

"What has changed for retired fellas?" Cast your'e mind back to when they stopped expats from living here on tourist visas, I personally knew one who was forced to leave the house he bought, and went to live in another SEA country.

I am not saying that expats should be allowed to stay here on tourist visas, they shouldn't, but the Thai government should have given some thought to this, and not make it so hard for people like the chap I mentioned.

I accept that most other countries would not allow expats to live on tourist visas, but how many countries are like Thailand and make expats who marry their nationals jump through so many unnecessary  hoops to live here with their wife and children, many of whom they took out of poverty?

• Like 1

I know many that have left, Thailand is no longer the cheap place with easy visas that it once was and there are MANY great alternatives, Especially for us <40 crowd. The thing is most people that leave don't complain and whine and threaten to leave they just leave. The ones on here that are always complaining that they may need to leave rarely actually leave from my experience.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"What has changed for retired fellas?" Cast your'e mind back to when they stopped expats from living here on tourist visas, I personally knew one who was forced to leave the house he bought, and went to live in another SEA country.

I am not saying that expats should be allowed to stay here on tourist visas, they shouldn't, but the Thai government should have given some thought to this, and not make it so hard for people like the chap I mentioned.

I accept that most other countries would not allow expats to live on tourist visas, but how many countries are like Thailand and make expats who marry their nationals jump through so many unnecessary  hoops to live here with their wife and children, many of whom they took out of poverty?

20 minutes a year to get a retirement extension 15 grand marriage extension in the bank is not a hoop in my opinion.  90 day reports are online.  The hoops are in your mind.  If you don't have 15 grand in the bank you have no business getting married and having a family. This thread is about no income letters forcing people to leave.  I know of none. Do you?

Edited by marcusarelus

If you don't have 15 grand in the bank you have no business getting married and having a family. This thread is about no income letters forcing people to leave.  I know of none. Do you?

by marcusarelus

This is a very unfair comment to make against alot of members and expats in this country. Some of these have a perfectly good income to support a family they have built and want to stay with their family and through no fault of their own that possibility to demonstate their income in an acceptable way to immigration which is currently ONLY by Embassy letter has/will be withdrawn soon.
Edited by Black Ops
  • Like 2