Bike purchase, transfer info

JaiLai

Buying a 2nd hand bike.

Buying it from another farang in another province, from what i understand the seller only needs to give me passport copies ( data page and entry stamp and a doc with sales price ), then i go to DLT in my province with this and copies of my own passport data page and entry stamp ( and possibly res cert ), sign a few forms and job done? or am i missing something?

Are these docs available online or i must collect from DLT?

At the same time i complete this paperwork i get a new plate with my province name / number?

I've read a few older threads and this is what i gather although may change province to province.

Thank you.

Power of Attorney - signed by seller with details of the new owner.

I used docs that were posted by JohnG without any problems.

They may still be attached to one of his posts (?)

The change of province is a 2 step processes and requires 2 visits (In Buriram DLT)

op more to it than that, 2 (signed by both persons) forms are required,one of which is mentined at post 2 above. copies of both of the seller and buyer id pages and latest visa and entry stamps and tm6, certificate of residence from yourself ( or work permit), and maybe the seller, then trips to your local office with the bike, which will involve changing the plates to local plates.

Edited by steve187