I Have Found Myself in Need of a Investigator

Wrickk

I won't go into the details, but as I'm an idiot I've found myself in need of an Investigator in Bangkok. Please, if anyone has a recommendation it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Wrickk
Grammar

Just now, Wrickk said:

Hhahahaha. It wasn't anything quite so obvious and I'm not out cash, I lived here since 2004 so I'm not a complete idiot, but yeah, she got me. I think now I don't really need investigator as things have transpired that have proven my theory. Thanks guys and have a good holiday.

If your this indecisive is it any wonder you got burnt.  In the space of less than an hour you have realised the thing you need you do not need. How do you really know anything you think you know. Surely she is worth the effort to find out if she is guilty. This could all be a simple misunderstanding. Come on lad you been here since 2004 how long you been getting had?

Edited by Rc2702
  • Like 2

Often this things relate to a man rushing into things, and not getting to know a woman well enough, before diving in head first. For the men out there who are trying to find their way, in this rather complicated arena, always remember one thing. Take your time.  Since most Thai woman are usually trying to push the agenda, in terms of time, it is important to push back. If it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are issues, they are going to reveal themselves over time. 2 years minimum, before you commit large sums of cash, or commit to marriage. And that is two years, full time! Be like Bond. Do as Bond would do. Be a man. Man up. Now is the time to show who you are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrickk said:

Honestly, I was with one girl for 10 years and never had any doubts about her. She was a good one, always honest and accountable. This one was off the rebound from her and I didn't meet her in an obvious "hook up" place. The reason I know what I think I know was her GPS was off all night, then it comes back, on the way to condo, but not "in" the condo (at 7am). So I know she went out and there were other signs before that today. You can belittle me and try and make me feel stupid, but I just came here asking an honest question. Maybe you are correct and I'm an idiot farang, color me played. I was in a bad way and made a mistake.

If you were happy with her for 10 years maybe you want to give her some space and time where she can do whatever she wants to do - without GPS tracking.

My gf goes from time to time up country to visit her family. I don't check what she is doing there. And also in Bangkok she goes from time to time out with other girls and she comes back home maybe 3am - according to her she was in a disco with her friend.

But then from time to time I go out and I wouldn't like detailed questions what I did exactly.

Maybe you have a real problem, but maybe she just wants a night off from time to time. Maybe she is playing cards or karaoke or whatever - it does not have to be worst case scenario...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you were happy with her for 10 years maybe you want to give her some space and time where she can do whatever she wants to do - without GPS tracking.

My gf goes from time to time up country to visit her family. I don't check what she is doing there. And also in Bangkok she goes from time to time out with other girls and she comes back home maybe 3am - according to her she was in a disco with her friend.

But then from time to time I go out and I wouldn't like detailed questions what I did exactly.

Maybe you have a real problem, but maybe she just wants a night off from time to time. Maybe she is playing cards or karaoke or whatever - it does not have to be worst case scenario...

This isn't the girl I was with for 10 years. It's the rebound. If she said I'm going out with friends to do whatever, I am good with that, but telling me you are going to sleep then going out (wherever) makes me consider the boundaries of the relationship. I really appreciate the feedback though, perhaps I'm the <deleted>, wouldn't be the first time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wrickk said:

Honestly, I was with one girl for 10 years and never had any doubts about her. She was a good one, always honest and accountable. This one was off the rebound from her and I didn't meet her in an obvious "hook up" place. The reason I know what I think I know was her GPS was off all night, then it comes back, on the way to condo, but not "in" the condo (at 7am). So I know she went out and there were other signs before that today. You can belittle me and try and make me feel stupid, but I just came here asking an honest question. Maybe you are correct and I'm an idiot farang, color me played. I was in a bad way and made a mistake.

What I understand, you're not married so just walk away.

• Like 1

As you asked a serious question and got nothing in return that would help you in your situation I can only offer this. A few years back there was a guy who did investigations for Farangs who suspected their S.O. was being less than candid. He lived in Bangkok and went by the name of Stickman and he had a weekly column. He is back posting once again and if he is not in Bangkok perhaps he can recommend a fellow investigator who can assist you. Worth a try if nothing else.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 7:37 AM, Rc2702 said:

If your this indecisive is it any wonder you got burnt.  In the space of less than an hour you have realised the thing you need you do not need. How do you really know anything you think you know. Surely she is worth the effort to find out if she is guilty. This could all be a simple misunderstanding. Come on lad you been here since 2004 how long you been getting had?

Lets look at this in what i like to call the Rumsfeld method; there are things the op knows he knows,then there are things that the op knows he doesn't know,but worst of all it sounds there may be things the op doesn't know he doesn't know . Hope that's cleared things up a bit.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Lets look at this in what i like to call the Rumsfeld method; there are things the op knows he knows,then there are things that the op knows he doesn't know,but worst of all it sounds there may be things the op doesn't know he doesn't know . Hope that's cleared things up a bit.

Yep. For sure that's true. It's also true of any relationship in any other city, country, continent, anywhere in the world. Mock me all you like, I've been here a long time and found myself (perhaps stupidly) in a bad situation, there were no obvious signs, I made a mistake. /r/roastme.

Edited by Wrickk

is she  a cunning fox level 1 or Level 10? hmmm

when similar gf comments prior to the night happens again; make up some plausible excuse to ring her number at a time when you estimate that she's really in to whatever you think she might be...

best case is that you wake her up

trouble is that it is also 'innocent' if that the phone is off

the 'how cunning' test:

the not the most smartest action is if she goes to 'flight mode' as it makes her actions too much as if an agenda

well, smart phones these days have various levels of 'power saving modes' :

take an android for example; in the more extreme power saving mode, the phone and sms facilities will still all operate normally, but the Location type services are culled 

(she is really cunning i.e someone told her how to hide innocently)   She can then (if she wished) answer your 'accidental' call, and still accuse you back of nil trust

you will never win

I think most of us are quite intrigued now, especially as your thread came hot on the heals about the "apparent gold digger" ("titled She says Her Husband Died"). The TV sleuths contributed very actively and seemingly nailed that one quite well.

So here's what I suggest. We will all forget what we have already read. Promise. Start a new thread titled "A Friend of Mine Finds himself in Need of a P I". With this approach, you can tell us all the salacious details, tid bits, dirty details etc of "your friend's" predicament. The TVF Super Sleuths, what with all their vast experience, are sure to get to the bottom of it. No P I required (by your friend).

Whatever you decide, glad you got your "head" straightened out. Enjoy.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:23 AM, Wrickk said:

This GPS stalking is on another level but I kind of understand it and here is my take. When your in a city like bkk or Pattaya maybe, I think you gotta understand women in those locations are going to be very on edge as it literally is on tap everywhere so even just going missing for an hour here or there can lead to misunderstandings which can evolve into full blown trust issues. I met my Mrs in bkk we lived there just a year and I saw it all the time the jealous streaks. Waitresses, any female communications just set her off and I think it's understandable. My remedy was moving us away from it and over time she began to realise that I have not one bit of interest in anyone else. That's my take thus far. 3.5 years later and it was simply a location change that was needed.

It was not her families village either.

Neutral ground.

• Like 2

These PI threads happen a fair bit. I do wonder if these PI guys get any work. I think they do but does anyone actually know anyone who ever used 1 and do you think it is a common need here? I think it is but PI here I think are going to rob you blind. It happens all over, the PI market have no interest in solving your case quickly. I once knew a PI who had a case, the wife was concerned the husband was having an affair as she kept finding condoms and lube in the car. PI confirmed the movements of the target using magnetic GPS data logger on car. Car kept going to a prominent gay dogging spot in the area. Wife was never actually told the husband into sausage and beans but at least she knew where her husband was at night. 6 months of weekly GPS data reports they provided her. They knew the situation as soon as the word lube was mentioned. They never told her and never mentioned what the park was known for after dark.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

This GPS stalking is on another level but I kind of understand it and here is my take. When your in a city like bkk or Pattaya maybe, I think you gotta understand women in those locations are going to be very on edge as it literally is on tap everywhere so even just going missing for an hour here or there can lead to misunderstandings which can evolve into full blown trust issues. I met my Mrs in bkk we lived there just a year and I saw it all the time the jealous streaks. Waitresses, any female communications just set her off and I think it's understandable. My remedy was moving us away from it and over time she began to realise that I have not one bit of interest in anyone else. That's my take thus far. 3.5 years later and it was simply a location change that was needed.

It was not her families village either.

Neutral ground.

This actually ^. The girl I was with for 10 years (Not Thai, but Filipina living in Thailand, great job and everything) was exactly like this. We were having dinner, I think Spasso. We're sitting at the bar I'm having a beer and she's drinking whatever goofy NA drink they charge 350B for, all of a sudden she says "you are so mayabang, coz you are enjoying all these girls looking at you" this was not the first time something similar happened. I was like, "what?" I seriously had no idea, I'm stupid when it comes to that stuff, she was mad at me for 3 days. That's when I knew I was done. Now I have become the same person I think, the person I couldn't stand to be around. How ironic.

Edited by Wrickk

5 minutes ago, Wrickk said:

This actually ^. The girl I was with for 10 years (Not Thai, but Filipina living in Thailand, great job and everything) was exactly like this. We were having dinner, I think Spasso. We're sitting at the bar I'm having a beer and she's drinking whatever goofy NA drink they charge 350B for, all of a sudden she says "you are so mayabang, coz you are enjoying all these girls looking at you) this was not the first time something similar happened. I was like, "what?" I seriously had no idea, I'm stupid when it comes to that stuff, she was mad at me for 3 days. That's when I knew I was done. Now I have become the same person I think, the person I couldn't stand to be around. How ironic.

Nah I don't believe you. You just drop too much unrequired info and your really weak on the actual details. You can always spot this as the people with real issues will go to some lengths to get their points out there. This just feels like one of those fake threads. I reckon this site has hundreds of such threads and maybe they serve a sinister purpose or maybe they are just good reads but your story is so lightweight it's pathetic.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah I don't believe you. You just drop too much unrequired info and your really weak on the actual details. You can always spot this as the people with real issues will go to some lengths to get their points out there. This just feels like one of those fake threads. I reckon this site has hundreds of such threads and maybe they serve a sinister purpose or maybe they are just good reads but your story is so lightweight it's pathetic.

Fair enough. I don't require your approval of my post. Believe whatever you want, but I was honest here.

• Like 1

If you were tracking my GPS, I'd turn it off and not tell you where I went, either...  (or, I'd give it to a friend to take wherever they were going.)  (I'd also be smart enough not to turn it on until I got back home, if I was actually doing something shady.  Or I'd leave it home while I went out to begin with.)

As someone else said, and I said on the other thread, if it's down to tracking GPS, it's time to call it quits without worrying whether she's "guilty" or not.  How you continue a relationship with "so I called a PI on ya, babes, and congrats, I found out I was wrong about you being a degenerate after treating you like a wayward child" is beyond me.

Edited by Katia

Just now, Wrickk said:

Fair enough. I don't require your approval of my post. Believe whatever you want, but I was honest here.

It's just the lack of effort that I see. I mean within an hour of posting this lightweight thread you decide you don't need magnum and like you said she's a nurse and yet you go away for month excursions and yet she's apparently a nurse. How did you figure that worked.  If she really is a nurse maybe that's why her phones off. If it's a rebound and I'm assuming yours, may I ask did you ever stick in the same location you used to have an ex and do you think once one ex is truly out the picture  that they might pass your info to a friend. A marked man.

You don't seem too cut up about it you don't really want to know the truth and you don't want to go into detail so what was the point? Are you having difficulty on your own? Try living in bkk for 3 months and not touching any woman whatsoever. No massages no temptations just try it. You might like it and if may teach you to be a little more selective instead of getting mugged off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1