Family blame police in Nakhon Phanom after chase results in death of helmet-less son, 14

webfact

Is it given in the OP why the policeman decided to give chase? Okay, officially...no helmet...but I mean personally, why? Does it really matter? if the underage m/c had stopped he'd still be alive...better still, being underage if he had not been riding the bike he would not have had the need to flee, be chased then die. We here can speculate as much as we like but why not stick to the given 'facts'...underage period. No excuses...no need to quote about police behavior here and there...no need to quote what happens in other countries. In this case (trusting the OP is accurate) the boy was in the wrong plain and simple.

The after events are a completely different issue entirely, mishandling of the injured/dead boy etc.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Media1 said:

You have no value for human life. And obviously the same IQ as the dumb cop. Glad you were not in our army unit genios

I have a lot of value for human life and respect for the law.

Sorry about whatever army affected you so badly.

Wow. 

People on this forum have more sympathy for a drunken British tat freak with no insurance crashing his bike and setting up a gofundme page than a 14 year old.

I always found it curious how the law says that humans under 18 can't give consent because their brain is not fully developed, yet a cop has a license to kill a 14 year old who is obviously not mature enough to understand the consequences.

Can someone explain this hypocrisy to me?

3 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I always found it curious how the law says that humans under 18 can't give consent because their brain is not fully developed, yet a cop has a license to kill a 14 year old who is obviously not mature enough to understand the consequences.

Your supposition is that the cops knew a very large fourteen year old was a child and only fleeing due to lack of a helmet. 

Wow, indeed.

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Wow. 

People on this forum have more sympathy for a drunken British tat freak with no insurance crashing his bike and setting up a gofundme page than a 14 year old.

Yeah right. Justice for an idiot who refused to wear a helmet, and refused to acknowledge a rightful police requirement to stop. Just another competitor for the Darwin awards.

What happened to respect for authority? Can you explain this to me?

28 minutes ago, xylophone said:

So just plain stupidity then...……..and they often pay the ultimate price unfortunately.

Stupidity is the police directing traffic at the school while kids ride out past them with no helmets and 3 up lol.

Stupidity is having a licence plate on a bike and having no need for one. Police are to dumb read it.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Yeah right. Justice for an idiot who refused to wear a helmet, and refused to acknowledge a rightful police requirement to stop. Just another competitor for the Darwin awards.

What happened to respect for authority? Can you explain this to me?

Respect police who stand at a school and watch kids ride out 3 up or mum with the 3 year old slumped over the bars lol

3 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Respect for Thai police authority?

Is this coming from a Thai Visa member?

Answering a question with a question is quite weak.

What's a TV member got to do with it?  All very vague.

6 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Respect police who stand at a school and watch kids ride out 3 up or mum with the 3 year old slumped over the bars lol

Totally agree with you (at last). But still I have no sympathy for a 14 yr old, not stopping for a policeman, and driving into a tree with no helmet. Nothing yet about his body being searched or blood test being taken.

7 hours ago, VYCM said:

The thing is the rider did not STOP.

I see it too often, riders avoiding the checkpoints, racing pasts puting the officers life in Danger

(what are your thoughts here).

These riders carry drugs, firearms etc, how can law enforcement stop criminal activity.

The people avoiding checkpoints just carry on breaking the law.

It seems the only people stopping for the checkpoints are the law abiding citizens.

licence plate is there for a reason. Pursuits are called off in my country 

9 hours ago, VYCM said:

Well done o the Policeman for doing his job. Should be more of it.

I drive down the Sukhumvit around the time school is out and see these students, 4 on a bike no helmets etc. the police let them pass without stopping.

This is encouraging bad behaviour.

yes

15 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Wow. 

don't understand the reference to drunken Brits, tat freaks,

otherwise

I think your comment is quite off

that boy (underage, not mature, not fully developed brain, no insurance) is a deadly threat to

other users of the road

much better that he goes up in smoke than a totally innocent family of 4

desperately trying to avoid him and ending up in a klong drowning

karma comes to mind

parents should be sued rather than getting compensation

I was a police offer for 28 years and I know that if the parented sued they would lose and the case should never go to court the BOY was wrong in many way first he was at least 4 years to young to even be on the motorbike second he should have stop and not ran from the police. third he did not have a helmet or any other protection. The parents should be charged for letting their son on the motorbike.

5 minutes ago, randy723 said:

I was a police offer for 28 years

you poor soul.

he was at least 4 years to young to even be on the motorbike

Legal age for a motorbike licence is 15 years of age in Thailand.

I was a police offer for 28 years and I know that if the parented sued they would lose and the case should never go to court the BOY was wrong in many way first he was at least 4 years to young to even be on the motorbike second he should have stop and not ran from the police. third he did not have a helmet or any other protection. The parents should be charged for letting their son on the motorbike.

Dreaming the police are a joke. There incompetent and put a child at risk. He also has no right touching the body. if the cop can't read a licence plate. He should not be employed. 

1 minute ago, petesc55 said:

Here's a typical scene at a redlight in Isaan.

6 motorbikes, 12 riders, two helmets, total.

One bike has no license plate.

The bike with young boys runs the redlight.

There is one baby squeezed between a couple on a bike.

5 star policing 

Archived