Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

4 hours ago, aright said:

So what elements do they use to determine total wealth?

One observation, my wealth was predicated on the government not the Prime Minister and labour was in power from 1997 to 2010

For UK wealth statistics and other data, an excellent reference point is the ONS (Office of National Statistics: https://www.ons.gov.uk/

27 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

All those who have something to lose (money, taxes, loss of revenue, cost increases) have their thoughts.

When it comes to money, the solidarity with the own postulated Brexit ideology apparently ceases.

For many are then the own pants closer than the shirt.

That Brexit without a plan, does not fill the stomach alone, and that Brexit is not a currency, with which you can pay off your loans for the house; many slow thinkers will notice it later.

Some of the Hard Core Brexiteers have already become active.

-Brexiter: Jim Ratcliffe, UK’s richest man, plans move to Monaco

-Brexiter: James Dyson moves Company to Singapore

-Brexiter: John Redwood advises investors to put money abroad

-Brexiter: Jacob Rees-Mogg firm opens funds in Dublin

-Brexiter: Nigel Lawson seeks French residency

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

All those who have something to lose (money, taxes, loss of revenue, cost increases) have their thoughts.

When it comes to money, the solidarity with the own postulated Brexit ideology apparently ceases.

For many are then the own pants closer than the shirt.

That Brexit without a plan, does not fill the stomach alone, and that Brexit is not a currency, with which you can pay off your loans for the house; many slow thinkers will notice it later.

Some of the Hard Core Brexiteers have already become active.

-Brexiter: Jim Ratcliffe, UK’s richest man, plans move to Monaco

-Brexiter: James Dyson moves Company to Singapore

-Brexiter: John Redwood advises investors to put money abroad

-Brexiter: Jacob Rees-Mogg firm opens funds in Dublin

-Brexiter: Nigel Lawson seeks French residency

a case of Ratcliffes leaving a sinking ship?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Like O'Brien? No thanks.

8 minutes later, got sucked in, what a waste of time. Thanks.

Sense of humour break down? Even American late night talk show hosts think Brexit is bloody stupid. If they get it,Brexit really IS stupid.

19 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Do you think the average American would be able

to find the UK on a map?

I am surprised you watch stuff like that, and the BBC.

I don't. Youtube suggested, sir! Who am I to argue?

As for the BBC, they still have pockets of greatness but too few. They need to stop dumbing down everything and stop pandering to yoof. Yoof are a lost cause to television broadcasting anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, aright said:

Sorry to disappoint but no none of those reasons!  Stop rejoicing in the loss of 3500 jobs for the wrong reasons.

"Honda have been very clear – this decision has been made because of global trends and is not related to Brexit. The Turkey factory will also close as all European market production is being consolidated to Japan where the company is based.

This consolidation is made easier by the new EU-Japan trade deal which will allow Honda to produce their cars in Japan and import them into the EU, rather than produce the cars in Europe."

http://www.justintomlinson.com/news/4390-statement-on-honda

One of the defining characteristics of a cult is that they cling on to prophesy even as all the evidence demonstrates that their belief system is a fantastical dustbin of nonsense. You see it with the Seekers, you see it with the Branch Davidians. You see it with Brexiteers

Nobody is interested in any investigation that may prove they were manipulated.

Brexit means brexit, irrespective of how the result was obtained.

Theresa May must launch an independent investigation into “foreign influence and voter manipulation” in the Brexit vote, a committee of MPs says today, amid growing evidence of lawbreaking by Leave campaigners.

A highly critical report – which warns “democracy is at risk” from rogue practices on social media – turns its fire on the prime minister for the failure to probe their effect on the referendum result.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-vote-investigate-law-breaking-influence-manipulation-theresa-may-facebook-a8783746.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

Chile has got absolutely excellent wine and excellent fish.

I don't know about the fish but their wine is excellent, far better than that French p1ss, and you can even buy it in Villa and I think I saw some in BigC.

Australian, S African, NZ, Chilean and Portuguese wines are much nicer than Euro plonk.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

I don't know about the fish but their wine is excellent, far better than that French p1ss, and you can even buy it in Villa and I think I saw some in BigC.

Australian, S African, NZ, Chilean and Portuguese wines are much nicer than Euro plonk.

Portugal is in europe,at least it was last week when i was there,maybe its gone under like so many of you lot have been predicting.????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Not really, try the Wall Street Window.com.

The Decline and Fall of the European Union – Charles Hugh Smith (2019)

I read it

Not quite my cup of tea

But thanks for the post

Never heard of him before, seems his roots are firmly American anti-colonialist.

https://www.oftwominds.com/bio4-14.html

• Like 1

8 hours ago, samran said:

Yes, a lot up for grabs as always, but trade talks are like playing water polo in molasses. But that is what you voted for I guess.

I had a chat with a senior trade negotiator they other day about another trade deal in the Pacific. Going nowhere cause the Indians aren’t in a rush. 

What you can achieve in the EU and within the EU in the space of a year trade wise most other nations take 10.

But yeah, blue passports...

Quote "What you can achieve in the EU and within the EU in the space of a year trade wise most other nations take 10."

Can you remind us all how long the EU/Canada deal took?

Surely it wasn't completed in a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_Economic_and_Trade_Agreement

CETA is Canada's biggest bilateral initiative since NAFTA. It was started as a result of a joint study "Assessing the Costs and Benefits of a Closer EU-Canada Economic Partnership",[21] which was released in October 2008. Officials announced the launch of negotiations on 6 May 2009 at the Canada-EU Summit in Prague.[4][22] 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1