webfact

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, evadgib said:

Hard drivel surely..?

Here's the latest from Pat  ????

I am sure you don't mean to spread fake news, nor are you an idiot

These are a group of 38 academics out of over 200,000.

It is thought that over 90% of academics are pro Remain. I posted a link previously.These people are outliers and Trotskies to boot

Clearly you are NOT an academic....

Watched JFK to 9/11 today while guzzling Monkey Shoulder and Lindt chocs, but had to stop the chocs after some grizzly bits. Four Zs in one sentence.

Some fascinating points but I doubt some "facts" and disagree with some conclusions, but it's basically correct. Recommended - 3hours!

It certainly points to a strong Europe being a good idea.

31 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I am sure you don't mean to spread fake news, nor are you an idiot

These are a group of 38 academics out of over 200,000.

It is thought that over 90% of academics are pro Remain. I posted a link previously.These people are outliers and Trotskies to boot

Clearly you are NOT an academic....

From the Guardian...to give you an insight into the

irrational behavior of these 'learned' remainers.

We can assume you are an academic then?

For starters, mental health issues for PhD students are so common, they could almost be considered part and parcel of the qualification. Recent research has found that over 30% of PhD students develop a psychiatric condition. This is a higher rate than for people working in defence and emergency services, which is about 22%.

If mental illness occurred at the same frequency in any other sector, the authorities would be demanding immediate reform, under the threat of litigation and permanent closure.

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

It's Yuletide actually. This feast has been celebrated for Centuries but was hijacked by the Christians. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

The tradition is "the fat of the land" for a feast but tended toward roast goose.

Turkey was brought in much more recently from the USA. I'm sure I could taste the chlorine in mine yesterday!

Godt Jul!

thanks, interesting read

takk og god jul i stova

coming from the high north - am familiar with the pagan ways

was more wondering about the culinary aspects

we have at least 6 quite distinct and very different xmas dishes, depending on geographical region

(2 based on cod, 2 on sheep, 2 on pig)

9 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

From the Guardian...to give you an insight into the

irrational behavior of these 'learned' remainers.

We can assume you are an academic then?

For starters, mental health issues for PhD students are so common, they could almost be considered part and parcel of the qualification. Recent research has found that over 30% of PhD students develop a psychiatric condition. This is a higher rate than for people working in defence and emergency services, which is about 22%.

If mental illness occurred at the same frequency in any other sector, the authorities would be demanding immediate reform, under the threat of litigation and permanent closure.

Strange conclusions 

Original research is stressful

Ive always thought most military and emergency service jobs are not much stress. Shocking sometimes but not long periods of strain. Everything provided including being told exactly what to do AND a good early pension.

As you know my line was semiconductor physics and I have given lectures but I certainly would not consider myself to be an academic!

You?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

He doesn't understand centre of gravity either

The transmission is in the rear and so am I

The amusing bit is the missing driver!

driver understood long ago that this ain't going anywhere he would like to be,

so he did a runner

55 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Strange conclusions 

Ive always thought most military and emergency service jobs are not much stress. Shocking sometimes but not long periods of strain. Everything provided including being told exactly what to do AND a good early pension.

As you know my line was semiconductor physics and I have given lectures but I certainly would not consider myself to be an academic!

You?

Skint sex tourist.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Strange conclusions 

You?

since you are keen on all things Danish,

Danish author Ludvig Holberg, his comedy Jeppe på Bjerget;

applying the same logic;

My knowledge re p-&n- conduits is sketchy at its best, hence, I clearly must be an academic

12 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Interesting that all the know-nothings, when it comes down to it, are all very keen for their own children to go to university and get a good education. Unless, of course, the children, like them have already been failures at educational attainment, in which case, Hey! Let it rip.

My vote is  as good  as good as  yours ,  swallow  that, with  difficulty .

8 hours ago, evadgib said:

Hard drivel surely..?

Here's the latest from Pat  ????

Joe Bish on Pat Condell (or many, many other Hard Brexiteers for that matter):

"Watching him is like being trapped inside a frustrated old man's head, an old man with delusions of his own intelligence and a petty ignorance of the world surrounding him. You can feel the warm breath, made stale from the avalanche of pernicious tripe that tickles his tongue on the way out, lapping at your face."

Wife: I’m tired of living with you. You are overbearing and I’m sick of your friends. I want a divorce

Husband: I’m sorry you feel that way. I won't stop you though.

Wife: I’m outta here for sure in two weeks.—I’ve already filed the papers. Just need to make arrangements before then.

Husband: Sure. Your flat next door, that’s yours of course. We can settle on some of the credit card bills, but it's fine. I have all the rest of the properties , that’s part of the prenup.

Wife: Ok. I still want to use the pool , and the car, and vacation house.

Husband: Heh. No.

Wife: Well, my lawyer said I could still use those . He promised

Husband: He lied to you. He didn’t ask me if you could

Wife: Ok at least the country club membership. I like the special deals and business connections. I’ll need those after the divorce of course, it's only reasonable.

Husband: You’re kidding me. That’s my club, members only. You’re leaving. You hate my friends anyway and don’t like the club rules, you said.

Wife: What am I supposed to do? Deal with them at the flea market like every other person?

Husband: Well, yeah. But tell me something reasonable, we can work out an agreement, like we do for some non members.

Wife: Well then, I’m not sure just yet what I want to do. But that no good brother of mine, I’m taking away his keys to that room he uses in my flat. He’ll just let your friends in.

Husband: Ohhh no. He's a club member, and he has special access to keep you two from fighting. I’ll need to keep him happy.

Wife: What about keeping me happy? Don’t you care about that?

Husband: That’s the magic of divorce: I don’t have to care anymore.

9 hours ago, SheungWan said:

"Watching him is like being trapped inside a frustrated old man's head, an old man with delusions of his own intelligence and a petty ignorance of the world surrounding him. You can feel the warm breath, made stale from the avalanche of pernicious tripe that tickles his tongue on the way out, lapping at your face."

What does he make of Pat's (or 'many, many other hard brexiters for that matter') content? When will you grasp the essence of (attacking the) post rather than poster?

Humour & banter are welcome if you care to up your game...

13 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Really well written ....tripe?

More of Joe Bish on Pat Condell (plus Hard Brexiteers to a T)

" White cropped hair, a marked, red and white face, an English flag of a man, fluttering gently in the breeze of his own BS....he is the physical sum total of every old, opinionated right-winger who likes to pretend they care about anything other than their dreadful musings......There are thousands of Pat Condells up and down the country..." 

11 hours ago, tebee said:

Wife: I’m tired of living with you. You are overbearing and I’m sick of your friends. I want a divorce

Husband: I’m sorry you feel that way. I won't stop you though.

Wife: I’m outta here for sure in two weeks.—I’ve already filed the papers. Just need to make arrangements before then.

Husband: Sure. Your flat next door, that’s yours of course. We can settle on some of the credit card bills, but it's fine. I have all the rest of the properties , that’s part of the prenup.

Wife: Ok. I still want to use the pool , and the car, and vacation house.

Husband: Heh. No.

Wife: Well, my lawyer said I could still use those . He promised

Husband: He lied to you. He didn’t ask me if you could

Wife: Ok at least the country club membership. I like the special deals and business connections. I’ll need those after the divorce of course, it's only reasonable.

Husband: You’re kidding me. That’s my club, members only. You’re leaving. You hate my friends anyway and don’t like the club rules, you said.

Wife: What am I supposed to do? Deal with them at the flea market like every other person?

Husband: Well, yeah. But tell me something reasonable, we can work out an agreement, like we do for some non members.

Wife: Well then, I’m not sure just yet what I want to do. But that no good brother of mine, I’m taking away his keys to that room he uses in my flat. He’ll just let your friends in.

Husband: Ohhh no. He's a club member, and he has special access to keep you two from fighting. I’ll need to keep him happy.

Wife: What about keeping me happy? Don’t you care about that?

Husband: That’s the magic of divorce: I don’t have to care anymore.

Yeah, tebee, I got chucked out 1990/1, pretty rough for 6

months, I got a good barrister, and she was hung out to

dry.  Mate, its been the best time of me life since, started

a business and had cash, freedom, and more fun than

you can shake a stick at..

The old ex. creeps round at times with cakes and pies

but I 'aint going back to that sh1t mate.

Sorry tebee, but I vote leave any day.

More mince from a remaining grinder..

" White cropped hair, a marked, red and white face, an English flag of a man, fluttering gently in the breeze of his own BS....he is the physical sum total of every old, opinionated right-winger who likes to pretend they care about anything other than their dreadful musings......There are thousands of Pat Condells up and down the country..." 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

41 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The old Dalek has developed a nasty squeak,

sounds like the wheel's coming orf.

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

'Poster' (Condell; albeit in clips posted by others) again...?

Related image

Thank God for that,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived