Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

I have a friend who's a rabid  expat " exitier' who assured me in June 2016 that the fall in the pound was just a ' temporary thing '.

I understand his wife's just served the divorce papers because he can't keep her in the style she had been accustomed to .

Oh well .....I thought it was just the politicians who lied

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tebee said:

Dr, Palmer is guilty of slander, A. Banks is able to prove

where the money came from, and it has been seen to

be entirely legal.     Then we get the good old Russian

BS.   Funny we don't hear Soros' name mentioned.

Yes, tebee, another ignorant academic BSer.

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

More of Joe Bish on Pat Condell (plus Hard Brexiteers to a T)

" White cropped hair, a marked, red and white face, an English flag of a man, fluttering gently in the breeze of his own BS....he is the physical sum total of every old, opinionated right-winger who likes to pretend they care about anything other than their dreadful musings......There are thousands of Pat Condells up and down the country..." 

I don't know why anyone would even quote this Bish burke. He can't get on TV and I'm not surprised. 

24 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

be entirely legal.    

Ahem....

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2018/08/03/1533284940000/Arron-Banks--money-for-mines-and-the--loan-scenario--/

His nearly £9m donation to the Brexit campaign is the largest in British politics, and is currently being probed by the UK Electoral Commission to establish whether Mr Banks was the true source of funds - including a £6m loan - to his Leave.EU campaign group

Considering that amongst your remoaning crowd is a NON British citizen..soros..the man who humped the pound sterling close on 30 years ago coupled with the imo infamous war criminal and sociopath..blair..you have a cheek talking bout anybody.
Have you binned your UK citizenship and got a french one??

Ahem....

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2018/08/03/1533284940000/Arron-Banks--money-for-mines-and-the--loan-scenario--/

His nearly £9m donation to the Brexit campaign is the largest in British politics, and is currently being probed by the UK Electoral Commission to establish whether Mr Banks was the true source of funds - including a £6m loan - to his Leave.EU campaign group

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, tebee said:

Ahem....

The FT,  politically aligned to ‎Globalists ‎ liberal economics.

Yeah, its an establishment agenda fishwrap.

5 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Considering that amongst your remoaning crowd is a NON British citizen..soros..the man who humped the pound sterling close on 30 years ago coupled with the imo infamous war criminal and sociopath..blair..you have a cheek talking bout anybody.
Have you binned your UK citizenship and got a french one??

Well of course Mr Banks is also a citizen of Belize - and he has a russian wife - so he may not be working entirely in the Uk's interests too 

6 hours ago, tebee said:

Well of course Mr Banks is also a citizen of Belize - and he has a russian wife - so he may not be working entirely in the Uk's interests too 

12 hours ago, talahtnut said:

be entirely legal.     Then we get the good old Russian

BS.   Funny we don't hear Soros' name mentioned.

Yes, tebee, another ignorant academic BSer.

Given the strict slander laws in the UK it's a wonder that Banks hasn't sued anyone yet. So A. Banks is able to prove where the money came from but for some reason chooses not to? Really?

2 hours ago, tebee said:

koch me here and koch me there

best Koch I know of is Koch's museum in Istanbul, mega fantastic place

15 hours ago, tebee said:

A penchant for continental ladies and foreign passports seems to be a common trait amongst the most prominent of Brexiteers. How is Nigel's German passport application coming along?

farage.jpg

Nigel's kids have a german mother I believe...hows tricks in the islamic eastern eu republic of buckfastland..sadly partly full of retards and inbreds..THAT'S THE TRUTH who wish to be subservient to corrupt brussels?????

A penchant for continental ladies and foreign passports seems to be a common trait amongst the most prominent of Brexiteers. How is Nigel's German passport application coming along?
farage.jpg.b7ff9d50cf13376a84a03809ee3e668b.jpg

5 hours ago, tebee said:

More from the same journalist George Monbiot

I'ma remainer, but there’s one result of Brexit I can’t wait to see: leaving the EU’s common agricultural policy. This is the farm subsidy system that spends €50bn (£44bn) a year on achieving none of its objectives. It is among the most powerful drivers of environmental destruction in the northern hemisphere. Because payments are made only for land that’s in “agricultural condition”, the system creates a perverse incentive to clear wildlife habitats, even in places unsuitable for farming, to produce the empty ground that qualifies for public money. These payments have led to the destruction of hundreds of thousands of hectares of magnificent wild placesacross Europe.

47 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Nigel's kids have a german mother I believe...hows tricks in the islamic eastern eu republic of buckfastland..sadly partly full of retards and inbreds..THAT'S THE TRUTH who wish to be subservient to corrupt brussels?????

Hey Teddy, good to hear from you again. Any predictions for tomorrow's game?

Methinks your " lecture " should be left to people like the arrogant..pretentious..know- all remain supporting windbags..don't you???????

27 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Methinks your " lecture " should be left to people like the arrogant..pretentious..know- all remain supporting windbags..don't you???????

Not at all. It is aimed at people with a serious interest in the topic. Unsuitable for children.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

This is excellent and well worth listening too. Sadly, it will be too "academic" for Brexiters. Nevertheless it is a lecture worth attending!

Forrester seems set to be the UK’s last appointment

to the General Court of the European Union 

a poignant honour to note for a lawyer who’s built

his life and career in Brussels.

A legal snake about to lose a plum job, what side do

you expect him to support.  Utter 'academic' codswallop.

11 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

11 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Yeah, the messenger has done it again..........

On 12/26/2018 at 10:29 AM, evadgib said:

This sums it up perfectly remainers absolutely disgust me after 2 years of their incessant whining it's far beyond politics I truly think these selfish, arrogant entitled cretins are dangerous. Looking at the smug look on that spindly armed soy boy in the picture fills me with a level of contempt I've never felt before, I really, really dislike remainers on an almost cellular level.

10 hours ago, Chartist said:
On 12/26/2018 at 11:29 AM, evadgib said:

This sums it up perfectly remainers absolutely disgust me after 2 years of their incessant whining it's far beyond politics I truly think these selfish, arrogant entitled cretins are dangerous. Looking at the smug look on that spindly armed soy boy in the picture fills me with a level of contempt I've never felt before, I really, really dislike remainers on an almost cellular level.

Hi Chartist - is this your text below evadgib's post? I seems to have been included in his quoted segment, but the original post doesn't include it so I presume that it is a formatting issue, and the prose is yours?

If I am correct, the myriad contradictions within which you have entangled yourself suggest that your views on Brexit are somewhat emotional rather than rational and thought out; certainly beyond politics, but straying into jingoism territory? 

Far be it from me to suggest that you were ripe for grooming, but you seem to have swallowed the right wing kool-aid by the gallon.

The ultimate irony - you rant about your contempt for anyone who dares to hold views contrary to your own, stating that you dislike them on a cellular level, yet it is this 'spindly armed soy boy' who is the dangerous one? Do you have no mirrors in your house?

Looks like the French have more confidence in post-Brexit than most Remoaners..

A majority stake in Gatwick Airport is to be sold to French operator Vinci Airports for £2.9bn.

Vinci Airports, part of infrastructure group Vinci, will buy 50.01% of the UK's second-busiest airport.

The other 49.99% will be managed by current owners Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP).

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46691846

Interesting to note that Labour was the party opposed to the common market (CM) and the Tories for the project. Things have changed around, mostly, on the Labour side, because of the birth of New Labour, and it's shift to the right. The Tories, many of whom thought they would do well from the CM project have changed their minds. Noe feeling that going back to the Empire for trade is the way forward.

Let's make England great again. Of course Wales and Scotland, the Isle of Wight and other areas would also prosper. One cannot always put a price on Freedom, but as that great Ozzy actor said; "you can pull off my legs, rip out my arms, cut off my tongue and gouge out my eyes, but I will have found freedom." 

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Looks like the French have more confidence in post-Brexit than most Remoaners..

A majority stake in Gatwick Airport is to be sold to French operator Vinci Airports for £2.9bn.

Vinci Airports, part of infrastructure group Vinci, will buy 50.01% of the UK's second-busiest airport.

The other 49.99% will be managed by current owners Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP).

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46691846

So the EU are not good enough to be a member of but fine to become our landlords. Not exactly something to brag about if one is on the 'leave' side, I would have thought...

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

So the EU are not good enough to be a member of but fine to become our landlords. Not exactly something to brag about if one is on the 'leave' side, I would have thought...

That is why you will never be POTY..... you have no vision.... ????

The British are very proud of their goods/services - magnified when Johnny Foreigner wants to buy them...

On 12/20/2018 at 3:33 PM, tebee said:

There is no way of managing no deal so there is only unmanaged no deal.

Yes, Germany and the rest of the EU will suffer, but their suffering will be less than ours.  However, that suffering is less than the problems that would be caused long term by compromising the integrity of the single market  to accommodate the UK. I know the UK doesn't really think long term, but Europe does.

Just-in-time production and supply chains will be at risk, but that risk will be circumvented by replacing the British  parts with European ones.

There will be less exports to the UK, but equally there will be less exports from the UK - the consumers that would have bought them will still need to buy from somewhere.

Sorry, but your wrong,   The UK does not want to be part of a Federal Europe,  thats long term thinking.

5 minutes ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Sorry, but your wrong,   The UK does not want to be part of a Federal Europe,  thats long term thinking.

If a Member State of the EU doesn’t want a ‘Federal Europe’, all it has to do is to vote against it........... Of course, politicians don’t tell you that.

Archived