Walking street fight: Chinese told "you're not leaving until you apologize"

webfact

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

In my hay days as a bar patron, i remember well, plenty of girls came to ask to sit next to me, wai politely and after few pleasantries, she asked i could by her a drink, to some i did and some i just ignored, never a problem, noways it seems things are diffident, pushy hard asses lasses coming by to hustle you for a drink or two, usually diluted soft drink for a price a cocktail. oh how times has changed...

It's the girls job to latch on to punters and get them to buy them and themselves drinks. In some bars the girls are under considerable pressure to do so.  In some not so much. Anyone deciding to go for a quiet drink in a beer bar in Pattaya thinking he won't get female attention is living in cloud cuckoo land.

• Like 2

Granted but that's no way to treat a customer, they should learn when to take a hint. No means no. I agree with many on here that girls in Pattaya are getting pushier. But the Chinese guy could've handled this differently, speak to the mamasan, continue to ignore, give another girl he likes a drink, anything but make her lose face. This situation could've been avoided. Like someone said, stupidity all round.

It was probably more because the Chinese guy (allegedly) raised his voice to the bar girl. I've been in plenty of GoGos in Patts, (and Phuket back in the day) and had a girl approach me and politely told her that I'm not interested. When she first approaches and says "can I sit here", if I'm not interested, I will usually say "up to you" and look away.

At that point the smart ones shrug and move on to the next punter - as is their function. If she does sit down, I completely ignore her. Any touching is met with a "Mai Ow Khrap Tilac". That little bit of cheekiness is enough to tell her that I know the score and I'm the one who decides. On one occasion, a bar girl smiled, kissed me on the cheek and moved on - I guess because I showed her some respect (?) If they get really persistent.......Checkbin Khrap! 

Of course, if I am interested, it's a whole different story :whistling:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

It's the girls job to latch on to punters and get them to buy them and themselves drinks. In some bars the girls are under considerable pressure to do so.  In some not so much. Anyone deciding to go for a quiet drink in a beer bar in Pattaya thinking he won't get female attention is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I used to have uncountable "quiet" drinks in Pattaya Bars! Surely there was always "Female Attention", but it was my decision to say "Mai ow krap". This wasn't a problem at all. They headed on for somebody else (enough available btw.). Also, they decided by themselves (!) with whom they try to walk. 

I guess because there haven't been so many local, obsolete "wannabe" pimps and woman extorters hanging around then. Most of the girls used to be "Free Lancers".

Nowadays, this business, what never existed in LOS (Lol), is getting the same style, like in western countries.

It just means some kind of slavery.

6 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Something similar happened to me, but I wasn't even in a bar, but on the street talking to friends who were sitting on stools outside a bar. 

One girl, decided it was ok to come out and touch my posterior. I told her that if I wanted something that I would let her know.

She then proceeded to rant that it was her boyfriend's bar. I suggested that I wasn't even on the pavement in front of the bar, but on the road and she should take care of her boyfriend instead of touching me.

She took umbrage to that and called over a motorcycle taxi rider. He looked and me, I looked at him....and then he went away.

So she got more mad. Eventually some foreigner, perhaps British, got involved and instantly regretted it.

In the aftermath, some Russians came over and congratulated me. One particular motorcycle taxi driver who works nearby still approaches me after all these years, stating something about good fighting and exchanging pleasantries.

I avoid having anything to do with that kind of entertainment. They don't need to touch me.

What happened to the foreigner to make him instantly regret getting involved?

And what got you so het up over a trivial matter?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

What happened to the foreigner to make him instantly regret getting involved?

And what got you so het up over a trivial matter?

And if the guy had done the same thing to the girl? Off to the police station and a 'settlement' negotiated. But you regard it as okay for the girl to do it, as a trivial matter. If it happened the other way around there is a strong chance that it could have got very nasty indeed with maybe a pack of Thais rounding on him. The girl certainly tried to provoke an incident by calling over a motorcycle driver, hoping that he'd hand out a good thumping.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Something similar happened to me, but I wasn't even in a bar, but on the street talking to friends who were sitting on stools outside a bar. 

One girl, decided it was ok to come out and touch my posterior. I told her that if I wanted something that I would let her know.

She then proceeded to rant that it was her boyfriend's bar. I suggested that I wasn't even on the pavement in front of the bar, but on the road and she should take care of her boyfriend instead of touching me.

She took umbrage to that and called over a motorcycle taxi rider. He looked and me, I looked at him....and then he went away.

So she got more mad. Eventually some foreigner, perhaps British, got involved and instantly regretted it.

In the aftermath, some Russians came over and congratulated me. One particular motorcycle taxi driver who works nearby still approaches me after all these years, stating something about good fighting and exchanging pleasantries.

I avoid having anything to do with that kind of entertainment. They don't need to touch me.

Really? You got into a street brawl, with a potential risk of a visit to Soi 9 as a result of a Thai girl touching your ass? What do you do if someone spills your beer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OnTheRun said:

A polite miow kap (sp) may have negated the need for you to be such a hero.

Do you imagine that I did not? It wasn't the fist time that she touched me.

Nothing heroic about it. I'm just giving an example of unwanted attention and an example of how someone can behave when rejected. At no time did I use bad words or was I impolite. Which is why no one sided with her.....other than some idiot who got involved without understanding why,

You get a lot of that here ????

In fact there is a lot more detail to the story, with guns being involved. But I've just posted as to how the whole thing began.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Give him a free meal, a free double entry Visa and send him off with a smile

Pattaya, the hub of ................................... well of something  ????

Yep...this will get the Chinese lined up at the border groveling to get into the country. A tourist boost for sure.

15 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Pay up and SHUT UP!!

Why he should pay up? He did not want to buy lady drinks to enrich the bar owner. He just came to the bar to enjoy bikini clad women dancing. Happens all over the world. Moreover he is not an old man deprived of sex in his own country and came to Pattaya for some cheap sex and women's companions because it is more expensive in London's soho district strip clubs. It will now spread all over Chinese social media and even less young people from china would come to Pattaya and visit go go bars.

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Yewbzee said:

Really? You got into a street brawl, with a potential risk of a visit to Soi 9 as a result of a Thai girl touching your ass? What do you do if someone spills your beer?

Where was it written that I was in a 'street brawl'? 

Wow...they are really crawling out of the woodwork....

Try reading and comprehending....if you are able. I was standing on the street. My friends were sitting on stools on the pavement. Girl came out of the complex and began to touch my buttocks. I declined her advances. She got mad, not me. 

I made no aggressive moves and many, from tourists to locals commended my actions. Even to this day.

There is always someone here who thinks they know better. You clearly know nothing. But that doesn't stop you from creating entirely fictitious scenarios to try to appear smart.

• Like 2

An offensive post has been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:46 AM, Cadbury said:

Enter stage left Ole Fatty with a grovelling apology to the Chinese to try and redeem himself for his previous indiscretions. Family oriented Pattaya living up to it's reputation.

What next? Have a government tab for free lady drinks and bar fines for Chinese male bar customers to the already extensive list of concessions given to inbound Chinese tourists.

They'll come up with "bar fine" waivers soon.... but only for the Chinese!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

It's sad, how on this forum westerners are quick to defend the lowliest of behaviour from the locals, whilst attacking their fellow tourists who choose to stand up and be counted,

Because the fellow tourist does not look like their uncles or does not behave like their old uncles buying lady drinks to enrich the bar owners, deprived of sex and women's companions in their home land and find it too expensive to make trips to thousands of nudie bars spread across the western world. When I go to strip clubs in Soho, I take the lady to the bar and pay exactly what the price is in the menu. There is no push to buy any drinks for her, her friends, and mamasan. 

Edited by onera1961

8 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Where was it written that I was in a 'street brawl'? 

Wow...they are really crawling out of the woodwork....

Try reading and comprehending....if you are able. I was standing on the street. My friends were sitting on stools on the pavement. Girl came out of the complex and began to touch my buttocks. I declined her advances. She got mad, not me. 

I made no aggressive moves and many, from tourists to locals commended my actions. Even to this day.

There is always someone here who thinks they know better. You clearly know nothing. But that doesn't stop you from creating entirely fictitious scenarios to try to appear smart.

Get your story straight buddy. You said there was a foreigner who you say "instantly regretted it". How? From a particularly evil stare you gave him?

You went on to say "In the aftermath, some Russians came over and congratulated me. One particular motorcycle taxi driver who works nearby still approaches me after all these years, stating something about good fighting".

So to sum up the instantly regretted it, the "aftermath" and the comments about good fighting from the taxi driver are nothing to do with the impression you gave about fighting on the street? Oh yeah your post is as clear as bell isn't it?!!

Try reading and comprehending you tell me? I did and anybody who can actually read English to any basic level would come up with the same comprehension as seen by many of the responses on here. Usually with such inconsistency these kind of stories tend to be exaggerated or a figment of someones imagination.

Edited by Yewbzee
Spelling

Some Chinese really do not have any manners and it is feasible he was out of order, HOWEVER hookers lately are being aggressive and way out of line. Not limited to go go bars but everywhere , moment they do not get things their way , they turn violent and/or abusive.

Another source earlier reported Chinese guy was fondling them but refused to give any tip. It also said 2 other  men were fined 1000 baht each for fighting. Girls claimed they did not hit him with a bottle .

6 hours ago, Yewbzee said:

Get your story..

I'm not your buddy. So do not deign to use phrases that you would not use to my face. 

I described exactly what happened that made him regret it. Perhaps you missed that description. A 'street brawl' is just a figment of your imagination. No one else has suggested it but you. 

So your totally long-winded and tedious rant was wholly unnecessary.

• Like 1

I had mentioned in another thread that this $hit never happens in the Philippines.

Girls are sweet and shy and are told not to insist or be rude.

A similar incident happened to me on WS bar couple of years back.

Me and a buddy walked in a club and walked around the dance floor and did the loop and stopped.. We only noticed 5 girls dancing ,others busy in booths with patrons, the 5 dancers  were not above 6 out of 10 and we decided to leave and try another bar.

The whole thing took no more than 1 minute.

As we stepped out, a well dressed foreigner(manager) introduced himself and sarcastically asked what we "didn't like" about his club. I noticed 3 criminal-looking 6'2 bouncers behind and I politely said that his club was just fine but night is also young and we will probably be back soon after we grab something to eat(good answer IMO).

He took his huge gum out of his mouth while looking in my eyes and put it in his right palm and extended his hand as in wanting to shake my hand in a friendly(!) way.

I declined until one of the bouncers took a step forward and  "barked" at me and said "SHAKE HIS HAND!!!"

With no choice, I shook his hand but he made sure his gum was well glued in my palm and once it was, he let go and said "I hope you won't forget us".

And we walked away, no harm, no foul, no blood, no penalty.

BUT.....

<deleted> like these are in charge in these sleazy clubs and they think they are managing them well. Fast forward the tape 10 years and you will see that nobody is left in WS clubs except some rich idiots and the industry is sinking fast if these bulldogs are still at the helm

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I've experienced this touchy freely thing in los several times from men in public who were hawkers

it seems like a sort of power / dominance /alpha trip gesture. And it is fighting material if they don't get the clue immediately when requested to stop.

Edited by Dick Crank