Future Forward Fires Youth Wing Leaders Over Alleged Fund Misuse

webfact

Future Forward Fires Youth Wing Leaders Over Alleged Fund Misuse

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

facebook_1543469010569-696x465.jpg

Future Forward Party secretary general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul compaign in Rayong province earlier this week. Photo: Future Forward Party

BANGKOK — The Future Forward Party removed its youth wing leaders from their duties Wednesday after accusing them of misusing party funds, an allegation denied by one of the expelled leaders.

A party spokeswoman said the decision was made after it received complaints that the five party members misused funds allocated to the youth wing. But one of them, women’s rights advocate Wipaphan Wongsawang, called it an attempt to curb the wing’s independence.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/11/29/future-forward-fires-youth-wing-leaders-over-alleged-fund-misuse/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-29

Oh dear. 

One can never remove the real Thai character out of politics.

Cynically speaking, might be a truer reflection of the party leadership.

So much for their pure, warm and fuzzy image.

Sitting on the fence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Oh dear indeed, it has not taken long for suspicious activity to creep into the Future Forward Party. Who is telling the truth - the upper Party leadership or the expelled youth members - I don't know. If the former, then good on the higher Party leadership for showing right from the start that they will not tolerate misuse of funds - that will be a first for Thailand. If the youth members are in the right and the Leadership is already becoming overbearing and over-controlling, that is very disappointing indeed.

On balance, I tend to think that the funds WERE being misused and that the Leadership are acting in the best interests of the Party and (ultimately) of Thailand's political future. Why do I think that the youths misused the money? Because monetary deceit is almost etched into the DNA of the Thais. It is very difficult to eradicate it. I like to think that Thanathorn himself is a man of probity and integrity. I really hope so. But we must watch carefully how he behaves. A charismatic figure like him could easily - oh so easily, with all his wealth, popularity, and business power - slip into the role of a mini-dictator in his new political party. For the time being, however, I am certainly going to give him the benefit of any doubt - but I will keep my eyes and ears fully open!

We look forward to your ongoing regular updates ????????????

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Ever met an extremely rich Thai that didn't get there through corruption?

Look up the history of all the super rich Thais and you will find plenty of evidence of corruption, so why this one would be different?

Chances are there isn't much difference....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Oh dear. 

One can never remove the real Thai character out of politics.

Cynically speaking, might be a truer reflection of the party leadership.

So much for their pure, warm and fuzzy image.

Sitting on the fence.

Maybe it was just a test run to gain experience before they have the chance to misuse government funds in lucrative purchases of subs, anti riot tanks, helicopters, etc.

• Haha 2

“Asked how much was misused, Pannika said such information can only be released if and when members of the fired youth wing allow it.”

What?

So the party will only say how much the fraud cost the party, when they have the fraudstets permission?

Either the future will be very convoluted indeed or I’m smelling bs. 

• Like 2

“Asked how much was misused, Pannika said such information can only be released if and when members of the fired youth wing allow it.”

What?

So the party will only say how much the fraud cost the party, when they have the fraudstets permission?

Either the future will be very convoluted indeed or I’m smelling bs. 
I think they worry about defamation laws. Would be better if they showed how much money it was and how.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1