Man who sued BA for sitting next to ‘obese passenger’ on Bangkok flight loses court battle

webfact

29 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Which, of course, we all are!

My point being that the original article and this follow-up were written in UK where stones are the preferred unit of measure for body weight and are widely understood by Brits and wherever they left their footprint.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

Business class is no guarantee.  Often there are bawling kids.  And once I was sat next to a Chinese gentleman with the most appalling of personal habits.  I spent much of the trip feeling nauseous, and not from air sickness.

Best to travel first to avoid the hoi polloi.

Agree bus class is no guarantee of service. On a TG flight flying with my 18 yr old son in bus class after the evening meal served, cabin all quiet my son politely asked for a glass of Coca Cola.

Answer 'go and ask in economy'.

9 minutes ago, evadgib said:

My point being that the original article and this follow-up were written in UK.

Yes, I see that.  I'm poking my sharp stick at whomever decided to take the story to an international audience without considering its general readability.  It's like some news from India that mentions currency amounts in crore or lakh, which are pretty common terms locally but make no sense to international readers.

14 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Yes, I see that.  I'm poking my sharp stick at whomever decided to take the story to an international audience without considering its general readability.  It's like some news from India that mentions currency amounts in crore or lakh, which are pretty common terms locally but make no sense to international readers.

Personally speaking I prefer kilos but I too get baffled when American outlets refer to someones body weight in Pounds (lbs) as I haven't a clue how to guess someones weight in lbs without resorting to using a calculator ????

51 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Personally speaking I prefer kilos but I too get baffled when American outlets refer to someones body weight in Pounds (lbs) as I haven't a clue how to guess someones weight in lbs without resorting to using a calculator ????

Kilos to pounds, divide by 2 and take away ten percent will usually get you pretty close. 

Kilos to pounds, double and add ten percent of that is bang on. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Oxx said:

Business class is no guarantee.  Often there are bawling kids.  And once I was sat next to a Chinese gentleman with the most appalling of personal habits.  I spent much of the trip feeling nauseous, and not from air sickness.

Best to travel first to avoid the hoi polloi.

But your bum had nooo ploblems...????

23 hours ago, transam said:

If one fly's cattle one must accept the risks. If one is concerned about what may happen in cattle then one should book business class..????

PS. I was sat next to a fat bloke once, he couldn't even eat without his elbow under my chin. Plus me trying to eat was a waste of time....????

Look on the bright side you were more attractive when you arrived in LOS????