Video: Terminal 21 staff attack taxi driver after he refuses passenger

webfact

Wish this sort of publicity happened in Pattaya to get some of the Pattaya taxi drivers to use a meter.  I have had over 100 taxi rides in Pattaya and not a single one of them used a meter.  

Tourists like us put our lives on the line every time we get in to a taxi with one of these psycho taxi drivers.

Edited by AlexCanada

6 hours ago, dapperdan said:

I wouldn’t want to be a passenger with that thug. I had a gangster driver who made demands and was I happy there are 2 security guards at my building. Driver was beyond pissed

Yup - I had one on the way from Swampy into BKK, who threatened to dump me on tollway if I didn't agree to his high fixed fare. I agreed (knowing there was 2 or 3 from concierge who would meet my taxi), once bags unloaded and before concierge guys disappeared, gave the driver what I knew to be the normal meter fare and walked away at the front of concierge guys. Bet my driver was pissed off as swell.

13 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Wish this sort of publicity happened in Pattaya to get some of the Pattaya taxi drivers to use a meter.  I have had over 100 taxi rides in Pattaya and not a single one of them used a meter.  

Tourists like us put our lives on the line every time we get in to a taxi with one of these psycho taxi drivers.

Have had problems with my car recently and have had to use taxis several times in Pattaya. Pattaya taxi drivers never use the meter. Each time I've asked the price for the journey and 50% have quoted me a fir price , the other 50% have quoted high and negotiated down to a fair price.

Know how much you should be paying for the journey and it's easy to agree on that price before starting the journey. All have driven well and I've had a pleasant, VFM journey every time.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Have had problems with my car recently and have had to use taxis several times in Pattaya. Pattaya taxi drivers never use the meter. Each time I've asked the price for the journey and 50% have quoted me a fir price , the other 50% have quoted high and negotiated down to a fair price.

Know how much you should be paying for the journey and it's easy to agree on that price before starting the journey. All have driven well and I've had a pleasant, VFM journey every time.

My Thai girlfriend does the negotiations for me as she gets angry at my aggressive negotiating style.  Admittedly she doesn't do a good job at negotiating but I pay 200 baht in Pattaya for a ride that would have been say 60 baht in Bangkok.  

Pataya taxi drivers complain they can't use meters because there are not enough customers in Pattaya.  Pattaya taxi drivers do not understand that if they use meters then their customer base would shoot through the roof.  Any friend I know who comes as a tourist avoids taxis at all costs in Pattaya but in Bangkok taxis are the prime mode of transportation even more than BTS/MRT.

Edited by AlexCanada

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, seajae said:

I see one guy has grabbed the usual appropriate available weapon to help in the attack, why didnt they simply tell him to move off if not willing to accept a passenger and ban him from being there again, fighting is easier for them I suppose

"...why didnt they simply tell him to move off if not willing to accept a passenger..."

Why not read the OP for your answer?..."Terminal 21 has admitted the melee happened outside their store but said that the taxi driver started it...".  Not reading is easier for you, I suppose.

21 hours ago, JMSIII said:

My experience with Thai cab drivers, is that I will find one good one, out of about ten other cab drivers.  Most are worthless thieves.  I watch them even treat Thai's bad.  But, I guess you can't blame them when no one is around to ahhhh "police" them.  I would love to see all western tourists take a one year break and not go to Thailand.  Then watch how things would be different after they have lost their golden western farang cash flow.  And of course this would expand far beyond just the cabbies piss poor attitude...

The vast majority of Bangkok's taxi drivers are fine.  Just be a bit choosy about where you try to get one, walking a few meters or hailing one that isn't parked with a driver soliciting for fares is wise.

• Like 2

Did you see about quarter of the way through the video - that very small thai guy run up hit the guy in the face and run away? He had a lot to contend with at that point - midgets smashing in the face and running away like little pu&&i$s was not one of them I guess.

Secondary point on this video did that guy just run up and smash the taxi guy in the face (which I agree they are sometimes unfair with meters and stuff but the gang attack still seems harsh) and then go off and start using facebook? What is the world coming to? Simple solution bring in uber, ban facebook, and have driverless cars in BKK job sorted

23 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The vast majority of Bangkok's taxi drivers are fine.  Just be a bit choosy about where you try to get one, walking a few meters or hailing one that isn't parked with a driver soliciting for fares is wise.

Do you know how I choose a cab?  A bit presumptuous on your part, don't you think?  However, for your information, I do as I was shown by my Thai girlfriend years ago, who is a Phd, born and raised in Bkk, who I have seen have same issues of refusal and attempts to be over charged.  That's how I learned to get a Bkk cab...  

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, JMSIII said:

Do you know how I choose a cab?  A bit presumptuous on your part, don't you think?  However, for your information, I do as I was shown by my Thai girlfriend years ago, who is a Phd, born and raised in Bkk, who I have seen have same issues of refusal and attempts to be over charged.  That's how I learned to get a Bkk cab...  

Did I say that was the way you hailed a cab?  No, I didn't.  What on earth has you girlfriend's alleged "Phd" [sic] (do you mean her "PhD"?) got to do with anything?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Did I say that was the way you hailed a cab?  No, I didn't.  What on earth has you girlfriend's alleged "Phd" [sic] (do you mean her "PhD"?) got to do with anything?

Yes, I did take it as you meant me.  I stated her education level, because many think Thai gf equals a bar girl.  And your arrogant, pompous way is a bit much, or should I say "just weird."  Oh please excuse my grammatical mistake, I meant "Just Weird."  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1