Laotian woman who left baby in Pattaya "was not ready to be a mum"

rooster59

Laotian woman who left baby in Pattaya "was not ready to be a mum"

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUxOC83NTk0NTYyL25ld3MyMi5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

Sanook reported on the sad case of a woman who left her newborn baby boy in front of a house in South Pattaya on Tuesday. 

It turns out she is a 28 year old Laotian woman who said she was not ready to be a mother. 

Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch was announcing the arrest of Praphai Waengsaka.

Residents of a house in Soi 10 South Pattaya had seen her cradling a new born baby. She told them she was waiting for a friend. 

But some time after she left the newborn boy outside the house - and analysis of CCTV proved it. 

Police conducted a campaign through social media to try and find the mother and a member of the public reported seeing someone like her eating at a nearby restaurant. 

Police were sent and the woman was found to be the mother of the baby and on overstay. 

She admitted everything, reported Sanook. 

She said that she had come to Pattaya with her husband to work and was staying in a room in Soi Buakhao.

She gave birth to the boy in the room there. But she was not ready for motherhood and was unable to look after him so she left him outside the house. 

She has been charged with abandoning a child under the age of 9 (Article 306) and being on overstay and has been detained. 

The police have handed the child over to the temporary care of a children's home. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-01

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

maybe, and I know it's a long shot, but just maybe she is now ready to insist on using condoms when having sex...

but then again, probably not

If you use a condom every time you have sex, it has a 98% theoretical effectiveness rate of preventing pregnancy. Since people do make mistakes and do not use a condom properly, the effectiveness rate of condoms is around 82%.

• 18 out of 100 people will give pregnant each year if they use a condom (as the only birth control method)

Effectiveness of condoms

• Like 1

Not one post remarking on the fact that she has been stuck in prison.

I am not surprised by her detention but I wonder if it is appropriate. However in Thailand, as a poor female Laotian, she has zero rights in the judicial system.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, seajae said:

sorry mate but its a fact that many thai men do a runner as soon as they find their gf/partners  are pregnant,

Probably because the gfs didn't ask first.

You're one of those guys that think women aren't responsible for any of the silly messes they deliberately cause.

Her body, her choice. Morning after pills are cheaper than condoms.

• Like 1

Do you suppose a young Laotian woman might not know that the "Morning After" pill is readily available?
Mention of a husband does raise a number of questions.
I have known of Western women who have used the pregnancy gambit to try and ensure the guys stick around. 
Seems to be especially counter productive in many SE Asian countries. Not a sure thing in the West, for that matter.
When I was a lad my dad took me aside for a "talk", and an offer to purchase the necessaries if required. Not a universal program, obviously. 

11 hours ago, seajae said:

sorry mate but its a fact that many thai men do a runner

Not only Thais , you could say the same about the other countries in SE-Asia.   I think her boyfriend also is Laotian. They came to Pattaya looking for work.  

This is just an example of how little value human life has in this region of Asia , caused by poverty and upbringing. 

Edited by balo

9 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Do you suppose a young Laotian woman might not know that the "Morning After" pill is readily available?
Mention of a husband does raise a number of questions.

I suspect most of the 'beach road' girls have all the info they need on such things.

At 28 she's had a few years to learn from the other girls.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If you hate Thai's so much, why are you here?

As far as I can see Thai men have it right, and white men are mainly pussy worshipping fools.

I don't hate all Thais.  I married one & support an extended Thai family.  I can't understand anyone condoning abandoning a pregnant woman.  You're from Britain & our laws demand Child Support.  Thai ladies don't have that protection and are forced into catering for pussy-worshippers.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

I can't understand anyone condoning abandoning a pregnant woman.

You do understand this woman is a beach road prostitute, where dad could be any one of two hundred customers?

Besides that,

How can feminism demand equality, yet deny any and all responsibility?

I'd love to come back to a new life as a woman, where my entire life is paid for by others, and nothing is ever my fault.

Edited by BritManToo

This happened to me 3 times when I was born.aparrently I was so butt ugly I was a shoebox baby left on someone's doorstep and within months I grew even uglier and ended up a fruit box baby left at the back of a long distance bus.then I grew even more ugly and was dumped in the back of a container box on a international cargo ship.i sort of got the hint I wasn't wanted by then.....joking aside me and the mrs was asked the other month if we wanted a baby for free.the young mother from Chiang rai has terminal cancer and I know that for sure but as I'm getting on a bit and feeding a village already I couldn't take one more in.i now do a roll call each morning to make sure they don't slip another in without me noticing.this poor little bugger ain't got off to a good start in life,all the best and I hope deep down he finds a good loving home.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, BritManToo said:

If you hate Thai's so much, why are you here?

As far as I can see Thai men have it right, and white men are mainly pussy worshipping fools.

But back on topic, a 28-year-old woman not ready to have babies?

What is wrong with modern women, they were designed to have babies from age 14 up.

Are you speaking physiologically or psychologically? If the former, then yes. If the latter, then your argument falls into an abyss of a multitude of factors that supply enough debate material to keep things going for a long time. 

The use of the word modern seems odd as well. It implies that pre-modern women were somehow not designed to have babies from 14 and up.