Many quitting agencies due to assets rule

webfact

Will they get out AND stay out?

This current trend reminds me of when condo has those men come around with leaf blower style smoke insecticide sprayers hit all  the drain pipes etc in parking lots... cockroaches fleeing in terror.

Letting them resign without investigation does make it seem they're just blowing smoke...

• Haha 1

The new legislation should have included the rule that anyone who resigns after the announcement of the legislation, and before the official implementation of the legislation, will automatically be investigated, for the obvious reasons that they might have something to hide, whatever the reason they give for their resignation.

Many things in LOS should be done / implemented, but guess you can't screw your mates - so give them a morally corrupt means to duck-out and live happily ever after. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually quite understandable.  Its not about having nothing to hide. Its about drawing a target on your head and your family members.

This means any one you slighted in the land of small members, imagine from overtaking them to not noticing them will have an easy method of attack.

an expensive or time consuming audit any time, your assets of land, real estate, gold, stocks, income etc, not to mention those of your children and spouse all up there for any one to see.

You would have to be stupid to agree to it.

even with these disclosures the junta have been immune to this what with the blokey with 10 million baht watches etc.

in a land of corruption you had better be corrupt or at least hide the fact that you are not.

the comments on here remind me of the arsewipes at home who get all riled up when you don't want to pay taxes.

yes I was born to be a slave and at least 50% of every pound or dollar I earn belongs to my masters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Corruption prevents an organization from doing good things for the public. Health care could be expanded to support citizens health, road care could save lives, disasters can be avoided or reduced. etc etc

Corruption cost the citizens a better life. Interesting event about 15 years ago in Costa Rica. They have 0 tolerance for corruption (at that time). The president got a free plane ticket to go to USA to review WIFI. He came back and found himself under house arrest. He was removed from office (I think). Wooow. That is hard! 

• Like 1

Actually quite understandable.  Its not about having nothing to hide. Its about drawing a target on your head and your family members.

This means any one you slighted in the land of small members, imagine from overtaking them to not noticing them will have an easy method of attack.

an expensive or time consuming audit any time, your assets of land, real estate, gold, stocks, income etc, not to mention those of your children and spouse all up there for any one to see.

even with these disclosures the junta have been immune to this what with the blokey with 10 million baht watches etc.

in a land of corruption you had better be corrupt or at least hide the fact that you are not.

the comments on here remind me of the arsewipes at home who get all riled up when you don't want to pay taxes.

yes I was born to be a slave and at least 50% of every pound or dollar I earn belongs to my masters.

Yea, all those arsewipes who aren't stealing from public funds that are supposed to help people less fortunate. Time to start stealing from tax payer's money, everyone. You don't wanna be slaves all your life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Therefore corruption is ok and acceptable, as for drawing a target on your head - karma. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Artisi said:

Therefore corruption is ok and acceptable, as for drawing a target on your head - karma. 

no, thats not the point corruption is not ok

but drawing a target on your head in a country like this stupid!

imagine you have some gold in your safe at home, I am sure we all have thought about the future even if we have not prepared

now all your neighbours know you have gold, how much you have, how it was paid for, how much you earn, etc. etc.

if you are innocent of any crime or corruption would you still want your neighbours or the parents at your kids school to know this information? if you are doing a deal for some land do you really want someone to know exactly how much money you have before ?

There are two sides:

1. corrupt officials who don't want their wealth revealed because they are unusually wealthy

2. corrupt officials who don't want their wealth revealed because they are less wealthy than everyone thinks they are (face loss) 

Edited by Fex Bluse

12 hours ago, 1duckyboy said:

So this new law isn't meant to catch wrong-doers but instead give them a warning and time to escape scrutiny. Good job, Thailand.

As we know, in this ancient culture, you must leave them a way to save face, a way out. If you don't, there will be blood. Face is the main currency 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2018 at 10:20 PM, Fex Bluse said:

There are two sides:

1. corrupt officials who don't want their wealth revealed because they are unusually wealthy

2. corrupt officials who don't want their wealth revealed because they are less wealthy than everyone thinks they are (face loss) 

if you lived in the us and you were asked to reveal all income and assets in detail for public viewing would you be happy to do?

of course you would not, it would not matter if you worked flipping burgers and rented or was middle managaement owning 2 cars 2 houses a boat, shares, gold, a retirement fund you would have to be stupid to let that happen given the choice?