Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaving someone you love, by whatever form of transport, can be a desolating experience.

I once sat on a plane from London to Bangkok, and as soon as we had taken off and entered the usual UK clouds, the woman sat next to me broke into an uncontrollable flood of tears.

Not knowing her, what could i say in terms of consolation?

For myself, I felt the opposite, unrestrained joy at returning to LOS.

Love this section of Atom Heart Mother. Water's funky bass then Gilmore's guitar. The main theme- I'm afraid I'm indifferent.

Love this, usually play the whole thing while shaving and showering in a morning, when ‘ silence in the studio ‘ kicks in have to stop shaving for a quick “ head bang “.
Other Floyd “ ablution music “ , Shine On and Echoes.

Also this one, takes a while to kick in towards the end but well worth the wait. !!

I guess I like it “ long time “ [emoji51]

London blues band Black Cat Bones on Death Valley Blues off of their one and only album, Barbed Wire Sandwich, recorded in '69.  Free's Paul Kossoff and Simon Kirke were in the band initially but both had departed in '68.

Came across this forgotten CD today as I started ripping my entire CD collection to FLAC files so I have it all backed up.  FLAC is lossless so what's on the computer is identical to what's on the CD.  When I'm all done (might not finish until year's end as it takes a good 20~25 min/CD) I'll share the entirety with anyone who's interested (PM me).  Should end up around 200 GB in total.

Very interesting vid.  Kind of a cross between a live concert and a documentary.  Between numbers there's a short, run-down narrative of each band member followed by an interview.  Whilst interviewing the then 23-year-old Clapton he gave instruction on his techniques.  I enjoyed watching the gleam in his eyes whenever asked about a certain technique, as if he were surprised that someone had interest at all, and which he would then enthusiastically illustrate.  Great concert to boot.

Son House's Death Letter Blues lamentation.  Lyrically, the song is about a man who learns of the death of the woman he loves through a letter delivered to him early in the morning. The narrator later views her body on the cooling board at the morgue, attends her funeral and returns to his home in a state of depression.  Recorded April 12–14, 1965.

Another legend passes . . . Dick Dale, The King of the Surf Guitar, died this past month, March 16, 2019, aged 81.

Dick Dale And His Del-Tones on Miserlou, released as a single in '62.

Dick Dale and Stevie Ray Vaughan on a great version of The Chantay's '62 hit, Pipeline, from '87.

Dick Dale And His Del-Tones on The Scavenger, released as a single in '63.

Dick Dale on Ghost Riders In The Sky from the '63 King Of The Surf Guitar LP.  Some interesting factoids about Dale at the beginning of the vid.

Surf Rider from the Pulp Fiction soundtrack.

Esperanza from the Tribal Thunder '93 release.

Archived