What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Walter Goggins is a great actor IMO, especially in Justified.  In Sons if Anarchy he was hilarious.  

May give the Unicorn a try since you say it is watchable.  Tried watching The Righteous Gemstones, because of Walter and others in the cast, but was disappointed

He was excellent in The Shield, too.

The Joker was just awful.
Depends what you are expecting. From the reviews it's more like a character study than the usual comic adaption.

Some say it's similar to The Dark Knight which also got praised but I didn't like it. But mostly I disliked it because of the night time setting of most scenes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

I think it will be clear what's going on by then.

Thank you. I watched Ep 4 from the beginning again, and now it's clear what's going on.

The World on Fire is a new one on BBC. Looks promising from Ep 1. 

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I just wanted to give Les Norton a plug. The series has just ended (10 episodes).

Produced by ABC Oz, a humorous crime drama. I really enjoyed it. YMMV.

Available at the usual places.

Just finished it a little while ago.

I really enjoyed it as well.

Though the narrator was really funny.

Loved the soundtrack.

21 hours ago, Will27 said:

I thought about giving this one a crack. (Batwoman)

Then I saw the IMDB rating of 2.8

I normally don't go just on ratings, but I've never seen many that low before,

so decided to give it a miss.

We watched the first episode last night and found it pretty enjoyable.

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

Each to their own.

I thought John Wick 3 was dreadful.

Lasted about 20 minutes.

Same here, but with John Wick 1.

So never looked at 2 or 3.

In one of the early scenes in Wick 1, he fights about 15 assassins who surprise him at home - and he wins.

After that, I find it pointless to watch.

51 minutes ago, faraday said:

Can't find it, or do you mean it will start on Sunday?

????

I can't find it either.

It's on my list of upcoming programmes and when I Googled for an update, on the first result page (rh top corner) it lists the first episode date of the 6th of October.

37 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Same here, but with John Wick 1.

So never looked at 2 or 3.

In one of the early scenes in Wick 1, he fights about 15 assassins who surprise him at home - and he wins.

After that, I find it pointless to watch.

It's over the top, not meant to be taken seriously, any more than Superman can fly.

Think I mentioned this one about 5 or 6 months ago but I find it hard to search with the search function on here.

Anyway, Samuel Little is in the news again.

Man who says he killed 93 women is America's deadliest serial killer, FBI says

Samuel Little, who has been behind bars since 2012, told investigators last year that he was responsible for about 90 killings nationwide between 1970 and 2005. In a news release on Sunday, the FBI announced that federal crime analysts believe all of his confessions are credible, and officials have been able to verify 50 confessions so far.

Saw a good doco on him which is available on TPB.

Just watched 2019 documentary called "American Factory".  Very interesting regards the state of the economy in the US.  A Chinese billionaire buys a shut down GM plant in Ohio and sets up a business manufacturing motor vehicle glass (windscreens, windows etc) supplying 80% of the US market.  The closure of the GM plant left thousands out of work and now a few thousand of them work for this Chinese boss earning less than 50% of the salary they were getting years ago when the GM plant closed down and NO unions and no overtime penalty rates.  Very miserable and desperate situation. And on top of that the US is paying the Chinese to be there!?    Is this what is called "Making America Great Again"?

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

Just watched 2019 documentary called "American Factory".  Very interesting regards the state of the economy in the US.  A Chinese billionaire buys a shut down GM plant in Ohio and sets up a business manufacturing motor vehicle glass (windscreens, windows etc) supplying 80% of the US market.  The closure of the GM plant left thousands out of work and now a few thousand of them work for this Chinese boss earning less than 50% of the salary they were getting years ago when the GM plant closed down and NO unions and no overtime penalty rates.  Very miserable and desperate situation. And on top of that the US is paying the Chinese to be there!?    Is this what is called "Making America Great Again"?

The film is made by Higher Ground Productions, a company owned by the Obamas.

Just filling in the credits.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:58 PM, giddyup said:

Thanks, one of the best current TV series there is, superb acting and characters, great storylines, what more could you want.

Get Shorty S03 more than lived up to expectations, lost none of it's magic.

On 10/7/2019 at 3:52 PM, JHolmesJr said:

The Joker was just awful.

Saw it today at Major Pattaya and thought it was superb. Black and disturbing but gripping. Phoenix gives an Oscar worthy performance. Not your normal comic book film by a million miles.

As a couple of asides:

Nice to hear White Room by Cream on the soundtrack. RIP Ginger Baker.

Apparently, there is a big furore in the UK that  a Gary Glitter track makes it into the film. In this "me too" age should a convicted paedophile be collecting royalties from Hollywood? Or, does it only matter when a Hollywood star is the victim?

Saw it today at Major Pattaya and thought it was superb. Black and disturbing but gripping. Phoenix gives an Oscar worthy performance. Not your normal comic book film by a million miles.
As a couple of asides:
Nice to hear White Room by Cream on the soundtrack. RIP Ginger Baker.
Apparently, there is a big furore in the UK that  a Gary Glitter track makes it into the film. In this "me too" age should a convicted paedophile be collecting royalties from Hollywood? Or, does it only matter when a Hollywood star is the victim?
Saw Joker yesterday. Similar impression. Great performance from J. Phoenix. I know it's just a story / movie. Somehow quite disturbing to glorify violence connected with a mental illness. They try to compensate it with the current situation in Gotham city but still a lot to think about it afterwards. Not an easy popcorn movie.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Archived