The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...and not forgetting that Klopp inherited a liverpool from Brendan Rodgers that a little over a year earlier had been PL runners up.

We came 8th and were beaten by Stoke 5-1. That was the form of that team. And go have a look at the personnel in that side Klopp inherited, bang average. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Of course having a large purse contributes but it's a great achievement nonetheless 

I wonder if when you beat Spurs in the CL final, the first thing going through your mind was how much more Klopp had spent compared to Poch !!

Net not much difference, I think, but no was not the first thing I was thinking about

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

We came 8th and were beaten by Stoke 5-1. That was the form of that team. And go have a look at the personnel in that side Klopp inherited, bang average. 

Don't see much difference between Klopp inheriting a team as mentioned and a deteriorating and aging squad that came 4th the season before Pep took over - go have a look; loads of old fullbacks for example.

My point anyway being Pep AND Klopp picked up a squad that had been thereabouts at the top but was on decline and built them up again.

42 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

They bought one for 58 Mill in the summer and are apparently getting shot this window ????

He had his best performance for us so far  last night, as a wingback which suits him more. I doubt he's leaving, but as we want to bring in a new CB and have no foreign player places available, if we were to replace Otamendi or Cancelo that would allow us to get the new CB we need most of all (Otamendi's spanish transfer failed in the summer, which meant we then couldn't bring in a foreign CB in after we didn't get 'runs-like-he-sh*t-himself' Maguire).

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jellydog said:

Are Tom Pope's fifteen minutes of fame over yet? Boring, ignorant palooka.

He'll live with the memory for the rest of his life. That's the pull of the FA cup

Happy that Foden got a deserved MOTM, he was outstanding and his goal was the pick of the lot on the night

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Happy that Foden got a deserved MOTM, he was outstanding and his goal was the pick of the lot on the night

Some good performances last night, though we were wasteful and should have put it to bed earlier.

Foden was great, always on the front foot - cracking goal from Gundogan-Angelino-Foden combination. Have to say Foden looks a better bet these days than Merlin whos powers are diminishing.

Bernardo and Gundogan very decent. Angelino turning out to be a better left winger than fullback - between him and KDB who's  the better crosser of the ball.

Great to 17 year old  City fan Harewood-Bellis get another start; was decent but lost Pope for the goal.

Brilliant dayout and great support from the 8,000 Port Vale fans; chapeau!

I'll  be a greatly changed  starting 11 vs ManU on Tuesday night.

Back in July, when it became known that Truevisions had the PL but BEin had the FA cup, i subscribed the b529 for the whole season for access to BEin Connect here. Never used it until last night, when i watched Rochdale  vs Newcastle  and City vs Port Vale and was very impressed with the quality. Sign up to BEin Connect if you want to watch the FA Cup.

We've taken alot of flak over the years, mainly from Spurs fans and 2 in particular, about our Academy / youth sides, so id like to make note that last night we had THREE (3) City-supporting local teenagers playing who've been at the club for years in Foden, Harewood-Bellis and Tommy Doyle, plus Angelino; and Eric Garcia who's played the 90 in the last 2 PL games was on the bench (with ManU in mind) - that's FIVE (5) who've come through our academy and are now featuring in the first team. So up yours! ????

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 3:11 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

We've taken alot of flak over the years, mainly from Spurs fans and 2 in particular, about our Academy / youth sides, so id like to make note that last night we had THREE (3) City-supporting local teenagers playing who've been at the club for years in Foden, Harewood-Bellis and Tommy Doyle, plus Angelino; and Eric Garcia who's played the 90 in the last 2 PL games was on the bench (with ManU in mind) - that's FIVE (5) who've come through our academy and are now featuring in the first team. So up yours! ????

But are they first team regulars though..........

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Foden is.

Angelino is.

Is that the Foden who realistically wouldn't get in your injury-free first XI? And the Angelino who only has six starts in all competitions?

Compliments of the season! 

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Is that the Foden who realistically wouldn't get in your injury-free first XI? And the Angelino who only has six starts in all competitions?

Compliments of the season! 

Honestly, in my opinion, Foden is now ahead of Silva who is looking his age but Pep loves club captain  Silva, and he's ahead of Bernardo and definitely Gundogan for the leftside position (Foden recently also featuring on the right to great affect). Couple of MOM performances recently and he always contributes when he plays. Yes hes coming along very nicely thanks. I'll give you MY first XI if interested and Foden has recently worked his way in to it.

Are you saying Angelino isn't a regular part of City's  team (after a slow start, granted). Didn't Pep trust him in our two biggest games of the season so far against Liverpool and your lot. Worth pointing out that while Walker has tied down the RB spot, neither Mendy, Zinchenko and Angelino has tied down our troublesome LB spot and Pep uses them all, regularly.

Thanks for the compliments of the season  and same to you.

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Undecided whether to set alarm or watch full replay tomorrow.

Is this on Thai TV anywhere.......

Not advertised as on thai tv (though im pretty sure it was on PPTV last year so ill check).

What will you watch the  full replay on...mutv?

Just seen the team sheet... Congratulations on making the final.

We are obviously ranking this as the fourth most important trophy and that's fine. PL and Europa offer pathways to the CL and the FA Cup is more prestigious.

Hope you prove me wrong Phil Jones!