• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm watching with the sound off.... was there much fuss made about that push in the face that could have got you a pen in the first half?

Looked a pen to me, especially after replays but the pundits said not enough contact! ????

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Proving again you are the best team in the country.

The only reason you won't retain the title is lack of activity in the transfer market for defensive cover (probably blew your load over the past few seasons and now risk falling foul of FFP / PL spend rules.)

Be realistic will you, the table doesn't lie.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Liverpool knobbling one of our star players (Sane) in the Charity Shield and putting him out for 5 + months didn't help.

Yeah we didn't replace Kompany but nobody would know that Laporte would get an injury that would keep him out for over 5 months. It's freakish. Would Liverpool be so good with Van the Man for that long?

We are only this good because we have been injury free all season, that and VAR being used to ensure we win the title has set the pace. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Be realistic will you, the table doesn't lie.

I forgot... the low bar set by the fans is probably another reason City haven't pushed on.

City fans are the football equivalent of the Lotto Lout. Remember him? They struck it lucky with an obscene cash injection, but it's not bought them any more self worth or class. 

Not bothered about winning the CL... just like the Lotto Lout happy to wallow in his derelict mansion, racing cars with his mates. It's all he knows. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Augero, what a player, and what a team. 

We are blessed to have two such fantastic sides as City and Liverpool playing in our league. 

You manage to make what could have been a straight forward compliment sound very arrse licky. 

Edited by RickG16

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

You manage to make what could have been a straight forward compliment sound very arrse licky. 

A whole day to come back with that.

Seriously.

You manage to make every comment  sound like its  written by a guy riddled with jealousy and sadness. 

Get a life and let it go. 

As to your opinion of me and how I sound I guess I’m gonna have to try and live with it. 

It won’t be easy. ????

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Come back with what? You didn't address the comment to me in the first place. 

Do your “friends”  refer to you as RTD?

In your defence to support a once great side it must be hard be heartbreaking to see that shower you have now and must eat you alive watching you’re beloved going backwards as the two mentioned play in a different league. 

Guess thats why having never experienced that kind of success with with my lot I can appreciate what I’m watching without feeling envy and jealousy and show some humility. 

Hope thats not too arsey for you RTD. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Do your “friends”  refer to you as RTD?

In your defence to support a once great side it must be hard be heartbreaking to see that shower you have now and must eat you alive to watching you’re beloved going backwards as the two mentioned play in a different league. 

Guess thats why having never experienced that kind of success with with my lot I can appreciate what I’m watching without feeling envy and jealousy and show some humility. 

Hope that not too arsey for you RTD. 

I have supported a non league side for years.

I also remember the less successful days of Fergie, and enjoy the journey we are on right now. Everybody loves a comeback story don't they?

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

City fans are the football equivalent of the Lotto Lout. Remember him? They struck it lucky with an obscene cash injection, but it's not bought them any more self worth or class. 

We know and will never forget that we got lucky with a rich owner, But if you think you RAG's have class you're in a delusional dream land

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Rather win the PL... same same.

Complete ignorance of where you need to get to.

But it isn't same, same as it's not what we said.

For absolute clarity. We would love to win the CL. It's just not at the top of the pecking order

19 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I forgot... the low bar set by the fans is probably another reason City haven't pushed on.

Not bothered about winning the CL... just like the Lotto Lout happy to wallow in his derelict mansion, racing cars with his mates. It's all he knows. 

What's your beef with City's fans? Why do you feel your fans are better? How do you gauge that?

About our fans...big deal. All of this <deleted> coming from a guy who supports a club which throughout my lifetime has the worst hooligans in English football - ManU classy fans, don't think so.

Think you spend too much time coming on here and trying to wind us up. I know it must be hard for you watching the continuing decline of the once might ManU but the Samaritans are out there if you get desperate ????

You're one of those guys on here that reads but doesn't understand what we say, so let me state it again. We would love to win the CL - or any trophy for that matter - but would PREFER to win the PL over the CL for the reasons we have stated repeatedly.

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

If you care about becoming a big club

Do you honestly think any City fan spends any time thinking or caring "about becoming a big club" [i'm not even to sure i know what defines "a big club" for you] cause i can assure you we do not. Like all fans of any club, City fans just want to win games and trophies (and have a good time going to the games), if that happens great, if it doesn't happen we continue supporting City.

The club's owners / management care about becoming a successful club on the pitch and financially / business wise off the pitch. Have we achieved that during this past 10 years since they took over? Well on the pitch we have been the most successful club in England during the decade. Off the pitch, i just  read earlier today that we are 6th on Deloitte's latest list (revenue) and City or Liverpool are forecast to catch-up and overtake ManU next season on the list if you don't get in to Europe. So based on the past 10 years are we are a "big club" to use your phrase? You tell me.

Based on progression year-on-year though, we are in a very healthy position mate. How about ManU...tittter? ????

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Off the pitch, i just  read earlier today that we are 6th on Deloitte's latest list (revenue) and City or Liverpool are forecast to catch-up and overtake ManU next season on the list if you don't get in to Europe. 

Amazing that out of nowhere you able to become a such a huge profit earner, it almost defies logic, trends, historical evidence, a new precedent. 

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Amazing that out of nowhere you able to become a such a huge profit earner, it almost defies logic, trends, historical evidence, a new precedent. 

down to shrewd business management!

Deloitte list (revenue)

20th in 2010 – Newcastle – £86m
19th in 2010 – Manchester City – £87m
15th in 2010 – Tottenham – £113m
7th in 2010 – Liverpool – £184.8m
6th in 2010 – Chelsea – £206.4m
5th in 2010 – Arsenal – £224m
3rd in 2010 – Manchester United – £278.5m

19th in 2020 – Everton – £182.65m
18th in 2020 – West Ham – £185.56m
11th in 2020 – Arsenal – £382.10m
9th in 2020 – Chelsea – £439.98m
8th in 2020 – Tottenham– £446.84m
7th in 2020 – Liverpool – £518.53m
6th in 2020 – Man City – £523.59m
3rd in 2020 – Manchester United – £610.11m

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Not good enough today with simple things. Didn't look like winning. Frustrating then we looked like nicking it with a couple of great Aguero goals. But we can't defend can we. Fair result i reckon.

What's wrong with Sterling? Been bobbins for weeks.

Edited by Bredbury Blue