• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

15 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Jesus curls in his second. He has certainly taken advantage of Aguero's absence.

And three, with a karate chop.

We've played some lovely stuff tonight to get ourselves in front. Jesus could have had 4

The pick for me is Foden. Not put a foot wrong and should really be getting more prem league time now

• Like 1

Enjoyed that (apart from Mobdro going down for 10mins). Four excellent goals. We seem to always go behind at the moment  but good comeback. Jesus bagged those 3 goals really well. Pleasing to see 3 academy players playing including  2 local lads. Foden looking lively in all his recent outings and making things happen.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We've played some lovely stuff tonight to get ourselves in front. Jesus could have had 4

The pick for me is Foden. Not put a foot wrong and should really be getting more prem league time now

Agreed about Foden. As Spanish Dave's reported heir apparent there is every reason to give him more time.

• Like 1

Brilliant team performance and made Arsenal look so poor. All over by HT and the score flatters Arsenal.

I've been criticising KdBs performances for weeks as he's been off the pace but this was a 2017/18 vintage performance. Keep playing  him in that free role, not Merlin. KdB was simply everywhere and his shooting was as good as ive ever seen from him, left or right foot. Welcome back Kevin, missed you.

Foden yet another excellent performance after his MOM midweek. Now we know he can play left midfield AND wide right or left - he was way better in this game on the right cutting in. Used to think he was competing with Merlin, but now he's more in form than Bernardo and Mahrez who should be worried. Just love watching him driving forwards at defenders.

Another excellent game from Rodri, with Gundogen not far behind.

It's nice to have some players back to their best at last.

Buzzing, even on less than 3 hours sleep.

And U23s beat Spurs 2v0 Bwahahahahaha.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Looks like it is curtains for this Pep team. It's coming to the end, without ever having won the CL and PL in the same season.

IMO you can't be considered a 'great team' unless you win both in close proximity. If Liverpool do it, that is the English team which will be remembered from this era in years to come. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Looks like it is curtains for this Pep team. It's coming to the end, without ever having won the CL and PL in the same season.

IMO you can't be considered a 'great team' unless you win both in close proximity. If Liverpool do it, that is the English team which will be remembered from this era in years to come. 

Luckily they don't want to win the CL.

Apparently!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Knowing you are playing second fiddle to City nowadays must really hurt. So you keep on telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night

Nothing to do with that. Until Liverpool win the league they are in the same boat. But if  / when they do, they will put their stamp on this era for English clubs. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why? Don't you understand that is what makes you part of the elite.

I'll decide what I want us to win thank you. I don't care if someone calls are thinks of us as elite. I (and the majority of City fans) prefer to win the PL. CL is a knockout cup comp where luck plays a big part. PL is a marathon where the best team wins

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't care if someone calls are thinks of us as elite

Really... so why is City Football Group trying so desperately to be accepted as part of the elite in other ways?

I can see how this taps straight into your inferiority complex. Complete denial of what you need to do in order to become an elite club and build a winning legacy. Champions League should be as important to you as the PL is to Liverpool. Shame you've got your Stockport blinkers on and don't see the bigger picture. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Champions League should be as important to you as the PL is to Liverpool. 

I'm not sure you understand City's hatred for those in charge of the CL. 

However, of course we would love to win it and seeing as the PL is pretty much out of reach this year, this season would be as good as any

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm not sure you understand City's hatred for those in charge of the CL. 

Awww... "we don't like UEFA so we don't care about the CL as much".

What a ridiculous sentiment. It's the top club competition in the world. You haven't arrived until you win it. 

But not to worry... I'm sure Melbourne City will tear up the A League....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Thank you.

No further questions Your Honour. 

Remember the days when you would get all girlie about people posting “opinions” in other teams Freds and not their own?

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1