The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Totally agree and totally my point about Bob having a brass neck

But you have committed nearly 40 more than us this season to be fair...and yes, I included last night (so based on 23 played each). ????

• Haha 1

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Where are these loyal lads, has the optimism truely waned....

This quote aged best:

Giggs: We would never collapse like Liverpool

United winger reckons the successful foundations laid by Sir Alex Ferguson would save the club from a similar demise

Excuse me. This is the City thread. Not the "how to go behind your brothers back and bed his wife" thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, wilai said:

But you have committed nearly 40 more than us this season to be fair...and yes, I included last night (so based on 23 played each). ????

You're just counting the ones that the ref blew up for and not the ones he lets you off for ????

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2020 at 12:55 PM, wilai said:

All the top teams do it mate....from memory, SAF's boys were the Masters in their day. The fact that we/you attack so much will leave us open on the counter so 'taking one for the team' is a necessary evil on occasion. Personally, I don't have a problem with it although I can understand those that do.

^Screenshot taken for use the next time someone goes on about City, or Fernandinho in particular, because as you say "All the top teams do it mate" - in fact, what would have been more correct, would have been to state "all teams do it mate".

Edited by Bredbury Blue

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thought that was a boring game.

A 6/10 performance. Looked like a B team.

Fair play to Fulham who battled well with 10 men and 1v0 down for 84 minutes

Think Pep was angry with the players he'd given an opportunity to and didn't really take it

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I have some news for you on that front Mr Boj....

I was showing my parents around Bangkok (not where I live in case BB comes looking) before new year when we ended up on a day excursion with a Spanish couple and their kids. When we said we were from Manchester the couple said that they knew it well, because they go their regularly to see their very good friend who is a footballer and his family... David Silva.

Went through a few topics surrounding him, but the guy seemed pretty clear that this would be his last season with City.

Not sure if you already knew that. But if it hasn't been confirmed yet, I would expect it to be in due course.

Yeah Silva has stated it officially several times Rick. He reckons a decade is enough. Rumours are he wants to finish playing at Las Palmas his local team but doesn't stop me wishing for 1 more year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah Silva has stated it officially several times Rick. He reckons a decade is enough. Rumours are he wants to finish playing at Las Palmas his local team but doesn't stop me wishing for 1 more year

I thought Beckham was sniffing around ?

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

First I've heard of that one Kads. It'd have to be a big pay day i reckon

I can’t see money being an issue. 
Give it another 3/4 years and we will have him. He’s not old or slow enough yet. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I have some news for you on that front Mr Boj....

I was showing my parents around Bangkok (not where I live in case BB comes looking) before new year when we ended up on a day excursion with a Spanish couple and their kids. When we said we were from Manchester the couple said that they knew it well, because they go their regularly to see their very good friend who is a footballer and his family... David Silva.

Went through a few topics surrounding him, but the guy seemed pretty clear that this would be his last season with City.

Not sure if you already knew that. But if it hasn't been confirmed yet, I would expect it to be in due course.

Aw Ricky...i thought we were MancMates.

Silva's last season. He had always said he wanted to go back to his boyhood team but no mention of that of late. Beckham has been trying to interest Silva to join his yankee team (Miami isn't it?). So currently his plans after aren't known beyond his departure at the season.

Brilliant news on Fernandinho. Deserves an extension. The man is in great shape and i could see him being around even longer. Been a brilliant buy for us: there's the Agueros Yayas Kompanys Silvas who get all the attention, and then there's the unsung heroes like Barry and Fernandinho.

Sane now back in full training with the squad.

I was very confident for tonight then i read Laporte Walker and Mendy all doubtful and Bravo IS fit.????

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Best team won but made hard work of it. Can't believe we didn't score; well done Degea. Great shot from Matic. Really thought ManU would get a 2nd chance and snatch it. Don't know how reds feel but i was in bits it was that nervy.

They can’t believe on the radio that they let the prolific young Roy Keane (One goal in 50 odd games) take a free kick in the last minute and Mata pushed aside. By all accounts Ole was fuming on the sidelines.

You would think he might have said something ????

Edited by Kadilo

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Best team won but made hard work of it. Can't believe we didn't score; well done Degea. Great shot from Matic. Really thought ManU would get a 2nd chance and snatch it. Don't know how reds feel but i was in bits it was that nervy.

Id say it was about even. You obviously got denied by a couple of marginal flags.

Thought we stuck at it well. Williams coming on leaps and bounds. Fred and Magic held their on surprisingly well against class midfield. Just hoping that Fernandes will be able to provide the x factor that Lingard obviously can't.