The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Jamie Carragher claims crisis club should have been THROWN OUT of the Champions League after two-year ban

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8013823/Jamie-Carragher-claims-Manchester-City-thrown-Champions-League.html

Jamie Carragher is not worth listening to. Since when does he become the judge?

• Like 2

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Jamie Carragher is not worth listening to. Since when does he become the judge?

To be fair to JC, my impression when listening was that he was railing against UEFA's handling/timing of the decision and it's ramifications rather than City's punishment itself. As usual, the Daily Fail headline and main emphasis of the story put a completely different spin on his comments even though his quote (see below) does get a passing mention...eventually! Dunno why anyone other than matronly 60 year old women ever read the rag tbh (my sis being one!)????

'UEFA should’ve taken them out of the competition right now, or waited.'

• Like 1

Let's not forget chaps... there are also the FA and FIFA investigations taking place in addition to UEFA's and the Premier League's.

This could result in the stripping of the FA Cup, and the disbandment of Islamabad City etc.... which would of course be a massive loss to football.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wilai said:

To be fair to JC, my impression when listening was that he was railing against UEFA's handling/timing of the decision and it's ramifications rather than City's punishment itself. As usual, the Daily Fail headline and main emphasis of the story put a completely different spin on his comments even though his quote (see below) does get a passing mention...eventually! Dunno why anyone other than matronly 60 year old women ever read the rag tbh (my sis being one!)????

'UEFA should’ve taken them out of the competition right now, or waited.'

Exactly, there is nothing complicated in what Carragher is saying. If they aren't fit to take part in the competition, they should be removed from it now. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Exactly, there is nothing complicated in what Carragher is saying. If they aren't fit to take part in the competition, they should be removed from it now. 

Oh give over man. Your one man witch hunt won't travel. Let due process take place and then either eat your words or gloat till your hearts content

• Like 1

Let's not forget chaps... there are also the FA and FIFA investigations taking place in addition to UEFA's and the Premier League's.

This could result in the stripping of the FA Cup, and the disbandment of Islamabad City etc.... which would of course be a massive loss to football.

Wow. Your vitriol with City is at an all time high. Didn't know our success had got under your skin so much. And please leave out the racist snipes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Do you want to explain what you meant by racist snipes?

You said "and the disbandment of Islamabad City".

City are based in Manchester, England and have absolutely nothing to do with Pakistan or Islamabad. Therefore, you were either trying to be insulting based on race or religion. If I misunderstood your remark, I am happy to hear your explanation of your intent with the above comment

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You said "and the disbandment of Islamabad City".

City are based in Manchester, England and have absolutely nothing to do with Pakistan or Islamabad. Therefore, you were either trying to be insulting based on race or religion. If I misunderstood your remark, I am happy to hear your explanation of your intent with the above comment

It's a club from a footballing backwater that nobody cares about. Timbuktoo City - does that sit better with you?

46 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Patience young Padawan

You really are in denial right? This has a Hitler's bunker feel to it. I would either go for the cyanide, or just own up. Here... I'll make it easier for you with this statement.

I, Mr Bojangles, hereby confess that all of City's major trophies since the Arab cash injection are now questionable, and subject to being stripped. Henceforth, I will make no more pretence of supporting a top club. I would like to apologise individually to each member of the football forum who suggested we could be involved in financial foul play. 

Print it out, sign it, scan it, and post it on here.

Then at least we can move on and start to discuss further ramifications of what this could all mean. 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Nope. I believe our owners who have said they have done nothing wrong

So if the punishment is upheld you will admit your owners have lied to you? Or continue to bury your head in the sand?

Lance Armstrong did that for a little bit after his TdF titles were stripped, but in the end realised honesty is the best policy. His reputation is still in tatters but at least he can move on.

18 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So if the punishment is upheld you will admit your owners have lied to you?

Dunno. We'll see what comes out. Plenty of cases that get found against someone, later get overturned due to new evidence. That's why they have an appeal process.

The thing that gripes me about all this, is that I think it really should be put into perspective. Before the crooked gits at UEFA dreamed up FFP, sponsorship or money put into clubs by owners wouldn't have got an headline. How can all these massive clubs (yes like yours) carry huge deb't and be ok within FFP, when City have no deb't at all, turn a profit but fall foul of FFP. That's surely not what the intent of FFP was, is it?

• Like 2

You really think the appeal is going to change anything? Four major governing bodies conducting investigations, but you'll turn out to be squeeky clean?

I'll answer that.

I honestly don't know if the appeal will be successful or not; but it will be independently arbitrated which should help bring and end to this saga.

I honestly don't know if City are guilty or not. None of us do.

I just wish we'd get to the end of the process, whether it's favourable for us or not, as soon as possible because this has gone on way too long. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

So if the punishment is upheld you will admit your owners have lied to you? Or continue to bury your head in the sand?

Lance Armstrong did that for a little bit after his TdF titles were stripped, but in the end realised honesty is the best policy. His reputation is still in tatters but at least he can move on.

Armstrong (excellent podcasts if you like cycling) admitted his guilt so you can accept he was guilty.

We have no idea if City are guilty. UEFA say we are. But are owners say we are not. If our owners don't admit they are guilty then we don't know who to believe.

Imagine for a moment that this is your team saying they are not guilty but UEFA says they are - who would you believe? That is the conundrum we face.

[Remember that UEFA says City are guilty but where are the facts or evidence or report we can read that supports UEFA. I'd like to have access to it so I can understand and accept].

Edited by Bredbury Blue

12 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bredbury is rumoured to be studying the Battle of the Bulge.

Apparently its some months since he's seen his todger.

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Nyon and Lausanne, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our MCFC, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender…

Up yours Rab C. Nesbitt!

ERAFDvCXYAAhgFl.jpeg

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1