The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Mate... and I guess FIFA, the FA and the Premier League are all also part of this conspiracy? Wake up.

You are on the verge of being stripped of your Premier League trophies too.

If that is the case, you are back to where you started. Wouldn't it be better to be little City from back in the day, with little silverware but with your pride in tact?

My God, you really want all your birthday's and xmas's at once don't you? I suggest it's you who needs to wake up

And that last bit (highlighted in bold) is really the crux of the matter isn't it? You are now acting exactly like the G14, United preferred it when we were winning nothing but now we have replaced you at the top table whilst you eat scraps on thursday night football, you'll try and pressure UEFA to get us kicked out.

Isn't David Gill who remains a non-executive director of Manchester United in UEFA? Oh yeah, he's UEFA vice-president and Treasurer. Now that's a coincidence don't you think. It's all crooked, the lot of it

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And that last bit (highlighted in bold) is really the crux of the matter isn't it? You are now acting exactly like the G14, United preferred it when we were winning nothing but now we have replaced you at the top table whilst you eat scraps on thursday night football, you'll try and pressure UEFA to get us kicked out.

Let's cut to the chase. It's either City are cheats, or all four of the major governing bodies / organisations in English / European football have a conspiracy against them and have fabricated the evidence. You believe the latter... or are choosing to.

If that's what gives you peace, OK. How long will you keep it up for? If the Premier League strips your titles, will you be angry at them, and not the people who got you into this mess?

These people could be tarnishing your badge forever, and it isn't your fault. But instead of standing up as fans and disassociating yourself with it, you are choosing to cling onto the denial. But for how long?..... I'm curious, if the Premier League strips you, will you dismiss this out of hand as part of the 'conspiracy', or start to demand answers from your club? 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Let's cut to the chase. It's either City are cheats, or all four of the major governing bodies / organisations in English / European football have a conspiracy against them and have fabricated the evidence.

Only UEFA have charged and judged us. The rest will wait till the appeal is over and will then judge if we have done anything wrong

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Only UEFA have charged and judged us. The rest will wait till the appeal is over and will then judge if we have done anything wrong

OK. So far it's just UEFA. But as the other 3 are conducting investigations, we can assume there is suspicions of wrongdoing. 

I asked you hypothetically (and this looks like a very real possibility), if the Premier League charges you, will you still maintain it's part of a conspiracy? 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

These people could be tarnishing your badge forever, and it isn't your fault. But instead of standing up as fans and disassociating yourself with it, you are choosing to cling onto the denial. But for how long?.

We're never going to agree Rick. It suits your agenda for what we have achieved to be tarnished. The funny thing is, United pay to furnish their deb't every year more than what we are alleged to have fiddled.

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We're never going to agree Rick. It suits your agenda for what we have achieved to be tarnished. The funny thing is, United pay to furnish their deb't every year more than what we are alleged to have fiddled.

Come on mate. You are cleverer than that. Our owners were able to take out a loan to buy us because of our annual profits and how self sufficient we are as a club. There is nothing to stop that in a free market. It's not cheating, in fact, you could say the only people it's damaging is us. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

There is nothing to stop that in a free market. 

BOOOOOOOOM. At last, the penny has finally dropped. It's NOT a free market though is it? FFP is stopping our owners (and those of other clubs) from being able to put in their money. It is anything but a free market, it's a shackled market fixed for those who already have money to stay at the top 

Just now, mrbojangles said:

BOOOOOOOOM. At last, the penny has finally dropped. It's NOT a free market though is it? FFP is stopping our owners (and those of other clubs) from being able to put in their money. It is anything but a free market, it's a shackled market fixed for those who already have money to stay at the top 

Nope. FFP is needed in football, because otherwise it damages the game. 

I was referring to the wider world of business. There is nothing to stop someone taking out a loan from a bank to buy a football club, provided they can support their application. 

22 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Nope. FFP is needed in football, because otherwise it damages the game. 

I agree that  there needs to be regulations that protect Clubs from going bankrupt by owners who pile up debt against the club. But the current FFP are far from that

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I agree that  there needs to be regulations that protect Clubs from going bankrupt by owners who pile up debt against the club. But the current FFP are far from that

It doesn't matter whether you agree with FFP or not.

FFP is in place. If you don't follow it to the letter, you are cheating. 

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Excellent photoshop skills....

I think Aguero is fairly well settled in the North West. I don't think going from City to Liverpool is as much of a taboo as a transfer involving United.... KDB would get into your midfield wouldn't he....

KDB would get in any midfield in the world...

32 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

FFP is in place. If you don't follow it to the letter, you are cheating. 

Especially when they conveniently change the letter, or the goal posts later on eh. 

It's also funny how you are conveniently avoiding the fact that Gill is at the top of UEFA and still associated with United. Do you not wonder why we think the system is rigged and still being totally influenced by the G14?

39 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's also funny how you are conveniently avoiding the fact that Gill is at the top of UEFA and still associated with United. Do you not wonder why we think the system is rigged and still being totally influenced by the G14?

It's not even worthy of a mention. Do I think it is strange that someone who used to be in the upper echelons of a top European football club is now involved at the top of UEFA? No. It would be more surprising if someone at the top of UEFA didn't have such experience. 

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's not even worthy of a mention. Do I think it is strange that someone who used to be in the upper echelons of a top European football club is now involved at the top of UEFA? No. It would be more surprising if someone at the top of UEFA didn't have such experience. 

Really!! You don't think it's worth a mention that someone who not used to be but who is STILL on the Board at United, was Vice Chairman of the G-14 management committee and on the Executive Committee at UEFA has an influence or bias. Come on Rick, wake up and smell the coffee. If the boot was on the other foot you'd certainly be feeling it worthy of a mention

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Really!! You don't think it's worth a mention that someone who not used to be but who is STILL on the Board at United, was Vice Chairman of the G-14 management committee and on the Executive Committee at UEFA has an influence or bias. Come on Rick, wake up and smell the coffee. If the boot was on the other foot you'd certainly be feeling it worthy of a mention

That's obviously not against the rules though. Don't you think it might be difficult to form a UEFA Executive of people who have no affiliations (even present, such as being on the board) with a major club?

You are working on the basis that everyone is corrupt and has an agenda against Man City. Because that's the only way you can justify yourselves. 

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

That's obviously not against the rules though. Don't you think it might be difficult to form a UEFA Executive of people who have no affiliations (even present, such as being on the board) with a major club?

You are working on the basis that everyone is corrupt and has an agenda against Man City. Because that's the only way you can justify yourselves. 

AFAIK only two club representatives are voted onto UEFA's committee (I think Juve and PSG at the moment) but other than those two and Gill, are there any others Rick? I don't think there are.

So from what I can gather, this is the result of a cunning plan by David Gill and Gangster 14 to ensure City do not challenge. They literally forced City's accounts team to cook their books and report false information. Some talent that. 

7 minutes ago, wilai said:

AFAIK only two club representatives are voted onto UEFA's committee (I think Juve and PSG at the moment) but other than those two and Gill, are there any others Rick? I don't think there are.

I'm not sure, but if those are the rules so be it. If they were voted in, fair enough...

Oh wait, the voting must have been rigged in keeping with an anti-Man City agenda. 

When City went to CAS last year, it was on two counts: (1) procedure and (2) alleging UEFA leaked the process to the press (As referred to in the CAS document linked to the legal article I posted the other day).

Of the leaks alleged, most were to the New York Times.

NYT I understand are one Liverpool's owners (2nd biggest shareholder).

But that would just be coincidence I'm sure.

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

So from what I can gather, this is the result of a cunning plan by David Gill and Gangster 14 to ensure City do not challenge. 

Not quite limited to City Bob. It's actually not even a cunning plan, it's a blatant plan to stop any of the smaller clubs ousting one of the G14 from the top table. But I think you know that already

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Of the leaks alleged, most were to the New York Times.

NYT I understand are one Liverpool's owners (2nd biggest shareholder).

But that would just be coincidence I'm sure.

Would be if it were true but as far as I am aware, John Henry with 40% and Mike Gordon with 12% are the two largest shareholders in LFC (FSG). So your (albeit amusing) conspiracy theory is based on out of date information. Check your sources more thoroughly in the future please. NYT sold their FSG share-holding in 2012.????

If you're lucky we could spare you relegation. 

https://talksport.com/football/673857/man-city-european-ban-premier-league-relegated/

But pay close attention to the below....

"The reluctance to accept they have done wrong as they prepare to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) also rankles with their rivals, who want City suitably punished on the domestic level on top of their European sanctions."

Just own up and you might have a few less enemies in the wrong places.

52 minutes ago, wilai said:

Would be if it were true but as far as I am aware, John Henry with 40% and Mike Gordon with 12% are the two largest shareholders in LFC (FSG). So your (albeit amusing) conspiracy theory is based on out of date information. Check your sources more thoroughly in the future please. NYT sold their FSG share-holding in 2012.????

Thanks for the update but I bet the NYT-John Henry link stayed in place.

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If you're lucky we could spare you relegation. 

https://talksport.com/football/673857/man-city-european-ban-premier-league-relegated/

But pay close attention to the below....

"The reluctance to accept they have done wrong as they prepare to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) also rankles with their rivals, who want City suitably punished on the domestic level on top of their European sanctions."

Just own up and you might have a few less enemies in the wrong places.

Those rivals would be the other top 6 clubs, Palace I reckon and a few others. I'm pretty sure that the article I read on this said other clubs don't agree.

You say own up but City have been pleading their innocence since 2012-14. And any club has the right to go to CAS if they do not agree to UEFAs rulings - I understand that's what we intend to do. But keep on speculating.

You seem to me on a one-man mission here Red, don't forget to post about your club/team once in a while.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thanks for the update but I bet the NYT-John Henry link stayed in place.

So, firstly you wrongly state NYT are LFC's 2nd largest shareholder.....Now you insinuate that our #1 shareholder is linked to the NYT. Other than his purchase of the Boston Globe some 7 years ago, please provide evidence of his connection. Alternatively....you could try being quiet as your allegations are making you look rather silly.????

36 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You seem to me on a one-man mission here Red, don't forget to post about your club/team once in a while.

Why? This is massive news. 

There is no mission needed. At the moment you look well and truly <deleted>. 

United are going along OK. Nothing much to talk about right now. 

Archived