The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, wilai said:

So, firstly you wrongly state NYT are LFC's 2nd largest shareholder.....Now you insinuate that our #1 shareholder is linked to the NYT. Other than his purchase of the Boston Globe some 7 years ago, please provide evidence of his connection. Alternatively....you could try being quiet as your allegations are making you look rather silly.????

1. NYT WERE Liverpool's 2nd second largest shareholder. You corrected me that they aren't any longer.

2. NYT WERE Liverpool's 2nd second largest shareholder when FSG's John Henry was the biggest shareholder in Liverpool.

3. I stated that "I bet the NYT-John Henry link stayed in place" meaning they know each. They used to be owners of Liverpool, he bought the Boston Globe OFF NYT, he's in the media world as are NYT, so yeah he more than likely has retained his links to the main people at the NYT.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. NYT WERE Liverpool's 2nd second largest shareholder. You corrected me that they aren't any longer.

2. NYT WERE Liverpool's 2nd second largest shareholder when FSG's John Henry was the biggest shareholder in Liverpool.

3. I stated that "I bet the NYT-John Henry link stayed in place" meaning they know each. They used to be owners of Liverpool, he bought the Boston Globe OFF NYT, he's in the media world as are NYT, so yeah he more than likely has retained his links to the main people at the NYT.

I know better than to respond to your trolling idiocy more than twice on a subject so see ya. ???? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

If you're lucky we could spare you relegation. 

https://talksport.com/football/673857/man-city-european-ban-premier-league-relegated/

But pay close attention to the below....

"The reluctance to accept they have done wrong as they prepare to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) also rankles with their rivals, who want City suitably punished on the domestic level on top of their European sanctions."

Just own up and you might have a few less enemies in the wrong places.

The bit that took my attention was "The majority of Premier League clubs do NOT want Manchester City to be relegated".

On 2/25/2020 at 12:12 AM, RickG16 said:

OK. So far it's just UEFA. But as the other 3 are conducting investigations, we can assume there is suspicions of wrongdoing. 

I asked you hypothetically (and this looks like a very real possibility), if the Premier League charges you, will you still maintain it's part of a conspiracy? 

Hi Rick can you remind us what are the other 3 conducting investigations on City about. The PL's ongoing investigation we all know about, but who are the other 2 you refer to and what exactly are they investigating?

23 hours ago, RickG16 said:

That's obviously not against the rules though. Don't you think it might be difficult to form a UEFA Executive of people who have no affiliations (even present, such as being on the board) with a major club?

You are working on the basis that everyone is corrupt and has an agenda against Man City. Because that's the only way you can justify yourselves. 

I think that there are City fans who believe there is a conspiracy against City – but I do not believe that.

I do believe though that the powerful established teams (Real, Barca, Bayern, 2 Milan clubs, Arsenal, Liverpool & ManU) have and are able to ‘influence’ UEFA.

FFP was/is most likely needed. Having read around the subject a bit it seems that originally former UEFA president Michel Platini wanted to introduce FFP to target curbing  club debt – but on that debt basis the likes of ManU, Barca, Spurs, Juve, Arsenal, Real Madrid and others would not be compliant as they all have massive debt and would be penalised (City have no debt and would be compliant). Instead they chose to go with the ‘break even’ requirement (“a de facto soft salary cap, tying the maximum amount a club can spend (with defined exceptions) to its revenue generation”).  

Some might say that another measure introduced in recent times which aids the establishment teams, was the introduction of the UEFA coefficient payment (based on performances over 10 years). For the CL 2018/19 season, City's earnings received were €24m, compared to ManU, who received €31m. So UEFA rewards based on past glories – how can past glories be relevant?. Could it be because the teams mentioned HAVE the past glories, and by this system they are awarded more than the ‘Johnny come latelys’?

39 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hi Rick can you remind us what are the other 3 conducting investigations on City about. The PL's ongoing investigation we all know about, but who are the other 2 you refer to and what exactly are they investigating?

Should open an investigation in to whomever signed off on this travel kit. WTactualFisTHAT... and are those Clarkes school shoes on Sterling? ????????

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 2.28.27 pm.png

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Should open an investigation in to whomever signed off on this travel kit. WTactualFisTHAT... and are those Clarkes school shoes on Sterling? ????????

Your damn right they should!

Think those are Clark's Wayfinders; the ones with a small compass in the heal, and animal foot prints on the soles.

clark's wayfinders-1966.jpg

Was just looking at Pellegrini's Semi-Final lineups in 2016. Not that impressive in retrospect.

City 0 v 0 Real Madrid
Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Clichy, Reges, Fernandinho, Navas (Sterling at 77'), De Bruyne, Silva (Iheanacho at 40'), Agüero
Substitutes: Zabaleta, Sterling, Kolarov, Caballero, Delph, Mangala, Iheanacho

Real Madrid 1 v 0 City
(Fernando o.g.)
Hart, Sagna, Kompany (Mangala at 10'), Otamendi, Clichy, De Bruyne, Fernano, Fernandinho, Yaya (Sterling at 61'), Navas (Iheanacho at 69'), Agüero
Substitutes: Sterling, Kolarov, Caballero, Bony, Delph, Mangala, Iheanacho

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

OMG. That is horrible. The only way they'd wear that is in support of our new 100 billion quid sponsorship deal with AbuDhabi Jeans Co. ????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Basically bribes and children smuggling.....

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-city/story/3794728/premier-league-join-uefa-fifa-football-association-in-investigating-manchester-city

"The FA are investigating a payment allegedly made to former player Jadon Sancho, when he was signed from Watford in 2015."

"FIFA's investigation centres around the signing of eight players under the age of 18 from outside Britain."

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

"The FA are investigating a payment allegedly made to former player Jadon Sancho, when he was signed from Watford in 2015."

Keep up. We were cleared of any wrongdoing.

FA finds no evidence of banned payment to Jadon Sancho's agent

The Football Association has found no evidence Manchester City made a banned payment to former player Jadon Sancho's agent when the England winger was 14.

German magazine Der Spiegel claimed City paid Emeka Obasi £200,000 when they signed Sancho, now at Borussia Dortmund, from Watford in March 2015.

Young players cannot be represented by an agent until the year they turn 16.

The FA opened an investigation in February but it has now concluded there is no evidence to back up the claims.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50284218

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Keep up. We were cleared of any wrongdoing.

FA finds no evidence of banned payment to Jadon Sancho's agent

The Football Association has found no evidence Manchester City made a banned payment to former player Jadon Sancho's agent when the England winger was 14.

German magazine Der Spiegel claimed City paid Emeka Obasi £200,000 when they signed Sancho, now at Borussia Dortmund, from Watford in March 2015.

Young players cannot be represented by an agent until the year they turn 16.

The FA opened an investigation in February but it has now concluded there is no evidence to back up the claims.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50284218

OK great, so just the three other investigations pending.

The FIFA investigation seems to refer to minors from outside the country who weren't mean to be here. What should we call it? Child trafficking? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The FIFA investigation seems to refer to minors from outside the country who weren't mean to be here. 

Closed. Done and dusted in August last year. Please keep up.

Belittling the seriousness of real Child smuggling is out of order and you know it Rick. 

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Belittling the seriousness of real Child smuggling is out of order and you know it Rick. 

I think this is another Islamabad United situation.... lighten up old chum!

Might have been exaggerating City's alleged misdemeanours, but it's nothing to do with belittling the seriousness of child smuggling.

I'm surprised.... you've lived out of the UK for a while but are still clinging onto political correctness. 

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So Rick do us all a favour and summarise, apart from the PL, who is investigating City and for what?

So yeah at the moment it's just the small matter of a potential two year ban from the CL from UEFA, and relegation from top flight from the PL.

Nothing to worry about I wouldn't have thought. 

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

High quality game this. Bit of cat and mouse, both teams waiting for each other to make a mistake.

Pity Laporte had to go off. Overall happy at the moment and neither team deserves to be in front. I'll take a draw but would like an away goal if poss

You look the more likely. 
Strange line up but working. 
Madrid look bang average, I think you will nick it. 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's strange seeing us play this deep but RM are good at the press and i reckon Pep is playing the right way

Certainly surprise to see the line up and the bench. 
Mahrez should of scored there. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1