The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

You mean the exact same clutter as your non football related post above ????

On another note. I saw an article yesterday that Bury AFC have now been entered into the 10th tier of the football league

The like is for the Bury bit. Seems a long way down the pyramid. I wonder where they will play. I must do some research.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Sterling didn't waste any time...

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 8.59.26 pm.png

Excellent photoshop skills....

I think Aguero is fairly well settled in the North West. I don't think going from City to Liverpool is as much of a taboo as a transfer involving United.... KDB would get into your midfield wouldn't he....

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Why would they leave? Not long ago United didn't qualify for CL for 2 seasons did they? Did you have a mass exodus?

All depends on if the appeal is a success. If it fails what will the owners do? My guess is they would stick around but who knows?

One good thing that could come out of all this is that City might bring  more of the youth through to the first team. Chelsea have unearthed a few gems this season, so it can be done.

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Why would they leave? Not long ago United didn't qualify for CL for 2 seasons did they? Did you have a mass exodus?

Clock is ticking for Sergio and Sterling in particular, if they want to win the CL.

If it makes you feel better just pretend everything is OK... seems to be working for you so far.  

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If it makes you feel better just pretend everything is OK... seems to be working for you so far.  

Everything is ok. You have to remember that up until not long ago, we had never been in the CL. So at the very worst, if we lose our appeal what's 2 years in the scheme of things? It didn't affect you too much when you didn't qualify did it? 

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Everything is ok. 

????????????  Good chance you'll be chucked out of Europe, and there is still 3 more investigations to be concluded I think.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It didn't affect you too much when you didn't qualify did it? 

We didn't qualify. We weren't thrown out of the competition in disgrace. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

We didn't qualify. We weren't thrown out of the competition in disgrace. 

Just as much a disgrace that United were so rubbish they couldn't qualify for 2 years on the bounce. I mean, the mighty United, Theatre of Dreams etc. etc. etc

As for us in disgrace. I don't see it that way. I see it that UEFA pressured by the G14 (United included) manipulate the rules so that they remain at the top table and make it nigh on impossible for anyone else to get there.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Just as much a disgrace that United were so rubbish they couldn't qualify for 2 years on the bounce. I mean, the mighty United, Theatre of Dreams etc. etc. etc

Really... think about what you're saying. There's being rubbish, and then there's cheating.

You're confused. Because the people that got you into this mess and have tarnished your club, are the same people that gave you the years of success. So you don't know where to direct your anger.

Think of it this way. If you had been told those trophies were going to be won while breaking the rules, would you have wanted them in the first place?

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So you don't know where to direct your anger.

Have you been sleeping under a rock? We know exactly where to direct our anger and have been so for several years. On CL nights, if UEFA think we have been booing them for a few years, wait until RM come next month. That will be toxic against UEFA

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Have you been sleeping under a rock? We know exactly where to direct our anger and have been so for several years. On CL nights, if UEFA think we have been booing them for a few years, wait until RM come next month. That will be toxic against UEFA

Mate... and I guess FIFA, the FA and the Premier League are all also part of this conspiracy? Wake up.

You are on the verge of being stripped of your Premier League trophies too.

If that is the case, you are back to where you started. Wouldn't it be better to be little City from back in the day, with little silverware but with your pride in tact?

Archived