The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Stick to your pipe and slippers. 

Optus Sport are now offering a 3rd option for watching United, No crowd noise, crowd noise, or Benny Hill music. Benny Hill was perfect, particularly watching Harry McGuire.

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Optus Sport are now offering a 3rd option for watching United, No crowd noise, crowd noise, or Benny Hill music. Benny Hill was perfect, particularly watching Harry McGuire.

I've not seen anything from your game, but I'm assuming it was a flawless defensive display? A la early 90s Milan? 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

I've not seen anything from your game, but I'm assuming it was a flawless defensive display? A la early 90s Milan? 

Yes it was horrendous, but we will most likely still win the league, and you will still be best watched to comedic soundtrack of Benny Hill

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yes it was horrendous, but we will most likely still win the league, and you will still be best watched to comedic soundtrack of Benny Hill

Whatever floats your boat pal. Maybe you can ask them to put it on in whatever hole you are in....

More likely watching at home on a <deleted> stream, sitting in your Transformers boxers in a dimly lit room. 

Just now, RickG16 said:

Whatever floats your boat pal. Maybe you can ask them to put it on in whatever hole you are in....

More likely watching at home on a <deleted> stream, sitting in your Transformers boxers in a dimly lit room. 

hahaha you sad little man. Don't engage if you wish to revert to this kind of <deleted>. You wish I lived like that, but others can attest, it's far from it. 

Just now, BangrakBob said:

hahaha you sad little man. Don't engage if you wish to revert to this kind of <deleted>. You wish I lived like that, but others can attest, it's far from it. 

Sorry... have they sorted out the electricity now?

I'm far from little mate.

Manchester United captain Harry Maguire made an error that led to Tottenham's first goal and his display earned him a rating of just 1.85 out of 10 by BBC Sport readers. 

Along with Luke Shaw - who got 1.96 - they were the only players to get a rating lower than two. 

It is the first time this season that there has been a rating lower than two for any player in any game in the Premier League.

Shaw, who was booked in the closing stages for an absurdly late challenge on Lucas Moura, admitted after the game that he felt embarrassed to be on the pitch.

"Manchester United shouldn't lose in this manner," he told Sky Sports.

"It really hurts, it's embarrassing and we've let a lot of people down. We've let ourselves down and the staff down.

"It's embarrassing. I was embarrassed on the pitch. We need a long hard look at ourselves."

Nothing worse if you’re a fan of a club who puts in a performance like that than reading comments like those from a player who was one of the main causes, Does he think it somehow exonerates rates him coming out with the same old meaningless cliche. He demonstrated that he Is slow, can’t defend, and has a <deleted> attitude. He virtually gave up in the second half. 

As for Maguire. He is neither a captain or a leader if that’s the example he sets. He was worse than useless in all aspects. 

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Absolutely. After that display, why did Shaw come out? It should have been the Captain

He may have thought he was gonna be kidnapped by the media. 

Im guessing as a person he is shot to pieces. He is a liability on and off the field at the moment. 

If he plays against Wales they have a good chance of beating us, especially if Pickford is still number 1. 

I thought Shaw should have had red  for the tackle on Lucas, diferent if it was mistimed.. but he meant to take lucus out. And Bailly red as well for the stamp on kane.. DOUBLE nasty.. don't think it will be  should be dealt/served  in retro.. NO place for the likes of that..

And if it's any consolation i'm sure this season will throw up a few more 'weird' results..esp when the preferred system is to play on the counter..

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

If he plays against Wales they have a good chance of beating us, especially if Pickford is still number 1. 

Especially alongside TAA and Gomez at the moment!. Only defender in form at the moment is Chilwell and he might be kicked out for breaking Covid  protocol. Wales have a big chance to turn us over!

35 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I thought Shaw should have had red  for the tackle on Lucas, diferent if it was mistimed.. but he meant to take lucus out. And Bailly red as well for the stamp on kane.. DOUBLE nasty.. don't think it will be  should be dealt/served  in retro.. NO place

Yes along with Lamela and his pathetic play acting. 

16 minutes ago, wilai said:

Especially alongside TAA and Gomez at the moment!. Only defender in form at the moment is Chilwell and he might be kicked out for breaking Covid  protocol. Wales have a big chance to turn us over!

In all seriousness, do you honestly care? Season is just getting going and we have this inconvenience. 

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Do you need reminding that you got stuffed 5-2 in recent days. And that was with 11 men on the park. And With more of a preseason than us. 

Iou would be better off not trying to make excuses for that sham. You were getting stuffed well before the sending off and all the pre seasons in the world cannot excuse that defensive display by so called international defenders. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Iou would be better off not trying to make excuses for that sham. You were getting stuffed well before the sending off and all the pre seasons in the world cannot excuse that defensive display by so called international defenders. 

I'm not excusing it, but you would think we were the only ones to get mullered in recent days. And I reiterate, we only had one pre-season game compared to these two clubs. 

Sancho or no Sancho, I am wondering whether a new CB will be coming through the door this evening. OR even keeping Smalling. 

13 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Kadilo you must be happy with that result vs Leicester. Is Moyes turning things around?

Yes he’s doing a great job by not being there. 

Im not getting carried away. Spurs up next and we are just as likely to get the same treatment as you. Inconsistency is our middle name. If we don’t get a couple more names in today we are gonna struggle as soon as we get injuries to key players. The likes of Lanzini, Yarm and Anderson don’t seem capable of showing the energy required to play the way we are at present on the counter. 

23 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm not excusing it, but you would think we were the only ones to get mullered in recent days. And I reiterate, we only had one pre-season game compared to these two clubs. 

Sancho or no Sancho, I am wondering whether a new CB will be coming through the door this evening. OR even keeping Smalling. 

You could do a lot worse than keeping him. It’s tragic that a club your size has not sorted this all out before the 11th hour. 

Its easy to blame OLS but he’s being sold down the river. You have to question once again if they really want him there long term. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

In all seriousness, do you honestly care? Season is just getting going and we have this inconvenience. 

No Rick...Don't give a wotsit about England and never have. Probably shouldn't have used the word 'us' in my original post.????

Archived