The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of bickering going on here but no amount of deflections, excuses and "failing to see the truth" will hide the fact that United's display against Palace was pathetic.

No drive, no ideas and no cohesion and it looked like 11 players had been thrown together after they'd been rounded up from a pub!

I really expected more from United, and the lack of activity in the transfer market did worry me and I'm sure that even though Donny will prove very useful, he's not enough.

If United turn out more results like this, I don't think that OGS's tenure will be long-term, and I for one, many posts ago on this forum, suggested appointing him was a bad move.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

No drive, no ideas and no cohesion and it looked like 11 players had been thrown together after they'd been rounded up from a pub!

I really expected more from United, and the lack of activity in the transfer market did worry me and I'm sure that even though Donny will prove very useful, he's not enough.

Perhaps people were thinking that certain players, that have performed poorly last couple of seasons, would turn it around for this one. 

Pogba is on 290k basic a week; and he can't even break sweat for one of the proudest teams in the world.

OGS needs to get out the woodman's axe and chuck the surgeon's scalpel away.

Very interested to see the midfield starting line up today. McT shouldn't anywhere near it IMO and Matic must play.

DVB has played well so far but does Ole have the balls to stop Pogba for him? Can't see it just yet, but at least Pogba is under more pressure to perform now. 

Posts deleted due to name calling. Try to keep things friendly boys. And a message to new posters. We allow more banter on these threads than other forums so please don't take one liners so personally as to cause arguments or ill feeling or we will have to moderate more stringently....Thanks.

22 minutes ago, wilai said:

Posts deleted due to name calling. Try to keep things friendly boys. And a message to new posters. We allow more banter on these threads than other forums so please don't take one liners so personally as to cause arguments or ill feeling or we will have to moderate more stringently....Thanks.

Calling me a "turdcutter" is personal abuse. I suppose its OK for a non Man U supporter to do this on the Man U thread, but not OK for me to defend myself. OK. I get the rules.

Sorry, I don't like those rules, unfollowing this thread, as have most Manchester United supporters.

51 minutes ago, polpott said:

Calling me a "turdcutter" is personal abuse. I suppose its OK for a non Man U supporter to do this on the Man U thread, but not OK for me to defend myself. OK. I get the rules.

Sorry, I don't like those rules, unfollowing this thread, as have most Manchester United supporters.

I agree and that's why the post was deleted as soon as it was spotted. 

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Most United supporters started unfollowing this thread when the winning of trophies dried up and the writing was on the wall. It was only ever a hype of activity when you were winning. 

Unable to cop the craic that they enjoyed dishing out quite regularly on other supporter threads, which we all took on the chin.   

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Most United supporters started unfollowing this thread when the winning of trophies dried up and the writing was on the wall. It was only ever a hype of activity when you were winning. 

Unable to cop the craic that they enjoyed dishing out quite regularly on other supporter threads, which we all took on the chin.   

I called the new lad who looks like Tom Cruise a bad name. Now I feel bad.

31 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I guess it is.

On the football front it's just another masking of issues...

Yes them late late penalties will dry up at some point. Can’t knock their spirit but ability still 20 points plus away from the title. 

6 hours ago, polpott said:

Thanks for posting... Don't give up just yet.

As you've seen this thread is alive and kicking... It's overflowing with bitter middle aged men who were tormented by United for 25 years. Their team was losing at football, they were losing at life, and throughout that time United were there to remind them what a winner looks like.

Now they are a bit older, they have probably achieved at least something (reproducing), and United have hit a tricky patch. Of course they can't wait to come on here and deride us. That's the small man (or willy) mentality.

It's funny, I can't remember caring in the least about Liverpool or City in the 90s, can you? 

You are welcome to post any time pal. 

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks for posting... Don't give up just yet.

As you've seen this thread is alive and kicking... It's overflowing with bitter middle aged men who were tormented by United for 25 years. Their team was losing at football, they were losing at life, and throughout that time United were there to remind them what a winner looks like.

Now they are a bit older, they have probably achieved at least something (reproducing), and United have hit a tricky patch. Of course they can't wait to come on here and deride us. That's the small man (or willy) mentality.

It's funny, I can't remember caring in the least about Liverpool or City in the 90s, can you? 

You are welcome to post any time pal. 

I watched a BBC program the other night "Liverpool, The 30 Year Wait" Left me thinking "Well done guys, you deserved the title". Why? Because more than being a United fan, I'm a football fan, something the majority of merchant bankers on this thread could never understand. Just a bunch of tribal knuckle draggers. And to answer one poster, I've never even visited another club's thread, let alone posted on it.

Just look at some of the posts since I made mine, mentality of a 10 year old. Way below my level. I'm out.

20 minutes ago, polpott said:

I watched a BBC program the other night "Liverpool, The 30 Year Wait" Left me thinking "Well done guys, you deserved the title". Why? Because more than being a United fan, I'm a football fan, something the majority of merchant bankers on this thread could never understand. Just a bunch of tribal knuckle draggers. And to answer one poster, I've never even visited another club's thread, let alone posted on it.

Just look at some of the posts since I made mine, mentality of a 10 year old. Way below my level. I'm out.

giphy.gif

Archived