The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

43 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks for posting... Don't give up just yet.

As you've seen this thread is alive and kicking... It's overflowing with bitter middle aged men who were tormented by United for 25 years. Their team was losing at football, they were losing at life, and throughout that time United were there to remind them what a winner looks like.

Now they are a bit older, they have probably achieved at least something (reproducing), and United have hit a tricky patch. Of course they can't wait to come on here and deride us. That's the small man (or willy) mentality.

It's funny, I can't remember caring in the least about Liverpool or City in the 90s, can you? 

You are welcome to post any time pal. 

I think you'll find we were all having a great time outside of football during your dominance. Now we are erring on the side of middle aged timing couldn't be better....for us. For you when you really need something to hold one too, it couldn't be worse. Old, bald, high BP, only allowed 2 beers a week, and your team is looking worse than ever ????

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, polpott said:

I very much doubt it. I have absolutely no interest in tribal mud slinging.

You want to seriously talk about football then post about it. Others can still have banter, and a laugh and it can be separated, but whining and eventually getting on the typical self-righteous TV horse, somehow concluding that you are actually of superior intelligence, get over yourself pal. It's a football forum, either engage and post or don't. No one cares otherwise.  

20 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I think you'll find we were all having a great time outside of football during your dominance. Now we are erring on the side of middle aged timing couldn't be better....for us. For you when you really need something to hold one too, it couldn't be worse. Old, bald, high BP, only allowed 2 beers a week, and your team is looking worse than ever ????

Oh if you are suggesting I'm old and bald... Wrong generation! 

The only reason I limit my beers is in the interest of athletic performance....

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Picture with a full head of hair with today’s newspaper holding  piece of paper saying “I love Captain Hijack” or you’re as bald as a coot. 

Many top teams are struggling now because of the short preseason.  This weekend has produced a lot of surprises!   Not only in England, Bayern losing 4-1 , Dortmund 2-0.  
City 5-2. Can't remember so many weird results at the same time. 

3 hours ago, balo said:

Many top teams are struggling now because of the short preseason.  This weekend has produced a lot of surprises!   Not only in England, Bayern losing 4-1 , Dortmund 2-0.  
City 5-2. Can't remember so many weird results at the same time. 

West ham Wolves

Im always interested to see the young guys get on that go out on loan

James Garner is giving Manchester United what they wanted

Man Utd have sent a number of young players on loan this season and it was James Garner who stole the show for Watford on Saturday.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-garner-news-latest-19005339

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

'I think Liverpool could run away with it': Graeme Souness backs Jurgen Klopp's men to easily retain the Premier League title after Manchester City's horror show against Leicester

Liverpool have one bad result and "the wheels have fallen off". A lot of football in a new environment to be played yet. 

On 9/27/2020 at 8:56 AM, polpott said:

I watched a BBC program the other night "Liverpool, The 30 Year Wait" Left me thinking "Well done guys, you deserved the title". Why? Because more than being a United fan, I'm a football fan, something the majority of merchant bankers on this thread could never understand. Just a bunch of tribal knuckle draggers. And to answer one poster, I've never even visited another club's thread, let alone posted on it.

Just look at some of the posts since I made mine, mentality of a 10 year old. Way below my level. I'm out.

With an attitude like that I am wondering what size nappies you wore to away games?

Sounds a bit prudish polly. 

On 9/27/2020 at 10:00 AM, RickG16 said:

You sure I mean your coming across as a bit of a pretender reading your content. Too many I don't get it's. I mean maybe your just young and a bit dim and that may explain all those try to hard responses. I'm not sure I just do not detect the dynamism of a youthful outlook in your content. 

Hold on to those memories like they are your balls my fallen comrade it's the only success your ever gonna taste to that extent for a very long time. Good job you got Ole in there to remind you and everyone else of the united way lol. 

The ferguson way more like cos it's rubbed right off your firm.

46 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Apparently there is a good chance Edinson Cavani is on his way.

Blimey, OLS must be getting desperate for a signing.......unless he is going to play him in defence. 

Mirror saying done deal, 2 years £200,000/week

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Blimey, OLS must be getting desperate for a signing.......unless he is going to play him in defence. 

Mirror saying done deal, 2 years £200,000/week

Because no other idiots would pay the 10M to his agent for literally nothing. Couldn't get 1st or even 2nd choice, go for the one no one else is willing to pay for or wants. 

Archived