The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Disappointing night for United. After a few decent results in the Premier league they lose 2 in a row in the CL to snatch elimination from the jaws of qualification.

I really hope this doesn't lead to Solskjaer losing his job. I wouldn't want anyone else at the helm of United right now.

I've just got off the phone to FIFA and they've confirmed it. Receiving 'random bike guy posts' has now been officially ratified as a measurement for being a big club.

You can always dream @mrbojangles 

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I've just got off the phone to FIFA and they've confirmed it. Receiving 'random bike guy posts' has now been officially ratified as a measurement for being a big club.

You can always dream @mrbojangles 

I'm pretty sure they achieved that status when "Random beach guy" became obsessed with them to the point that he takes personal offence to any opinion that isn't 100% supportive of every aspect of the club ????.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Disappointing night for United. After a few decent results in the Premier league they lose 2 in a row in the CL to snatch elimination from the jaws of qualification.

I really hope this doesn't lead to Solskjaer losing his job. I wouldn't want anyone else at the helm of United right now.

I dont think they will sack Ole just yet, come next May if they dont offer him a new contract then he's on his way, I think the way the club is run needs to change from the top down and maybe appoint a DoF another manager will be in the same position 2 years down the line, RB Leipzig director of football Ralf Rangnick would be perfect for United.

Get rid of the coaching staff just not good enough

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I also dont think any decent manager would want to take over now, He would have Pogba to deal with and the <deleted> defenders to many issues, end of the season makes more sense with a new transfer window about to open

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I agree. They've been through enough managers now (including Mourinho who's sat at the top of the league with Spurs) to prove that the manager isn't the main problem. Having said that, I still think they'd be a better side with a proven, experienced manager with a winning record at a big club in there, rather than having Ole who although being very likeable is in way over his head IMO.

They desperately need a top class DOF with a long term vision about the type of football they want to play. The amount they've spent on players to end up with the squad they have now is bordering on criminal. They'll do very well to finish top 4 this year, personally I think they'll be around 6th.

They gave Ole the job because he stuck a toe out in 1999, comedy at its finest. I think he earns more than Klopp too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I agree. They've been through enough managers now (including Mourinho who's sat at the top of the league with Spurs) to prove that the manager isn't the main problem. Having said that, I still think they'd be a better side with a proven, experienced manager with a winning record at a big club in there, rather than having Ole who although being very likeable is in way over his head IMO.

They desperately need a top class DOF with a long term vision about the type of football they want to play. The amount they've spent on players to end up with the squad they have now is bordering on criminal. They'll do very well to finish top 4 this year, personally I think they'll be around 6th.

I've been watching Jose this season he seems to have reinvented himself and got some new coaches 

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I'm pretty sure they achieved that status when "Random beach guy" became obsessed with them to the point that he takes personal offence to any opinion that isn't 100% supportive of every aspect of the club ????.

How many times.. I'm not offended! Still waiting for you to post about anything other than negative aspects of a team you don't even support.

A mid life crisis sign comparable to putting the contents of your fridge in alphabetical order. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How many times.. I'm not offended! Still waiting for you to post about anything other than negative aspects of a team you don't even support.

A mid life crisis sign comparable to putting the contents of your fridge in alphabetical order. 

You sound mad Bro ????.

I'm more than happy to compliment Utd when they play well. Despite a few good results in the league I don't believe that's happened yet this season. They look like a team with a few talented players and a few decentish players sent out onto the pitch without any real ideas or style of play other than to counter attack. When they win it tends to be because of a moment or two of brilliance from a talented player rather than imposing themselves on the opposition.

I'm not an obsessed fan who lives vicariously through a football team thousands of miles away so you can't expect me to heap praise of them when they look bang average. It's called being detached and impartial. I'd love to say I'm sorry if that upsets you but I'd be lieing.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I've been watching Jose this season he seems to have reinvented himself and got some new coaches 

I don't think Jose has reinvented himself, more like the pundits were talking BS when they said he'd lost it and the Spurs players are buying into his tactics. Spurs now, remind me of Chelsea( my team ) when Jose first came in. As for Man Utd, I can't understand why the fans are still backing Solskjaer. He is like a deer caught in headlights during a press conference and seems to be tactically naive at best. Without Fernandes, they'd have sacked him months ago.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I don't think Jose has reinvented himself, more like the pundits were talking BS when they said he'd lost it and the Spurs players are buying into his tactics. Spurs now, remind me of Chelsea( my team ) when Jose first came in. As for Man Utd, I can't understand why the fans are still backing Solskjaer. He is like a deer caught in headlights during a press conference and seems to be tactically naive at best. Without Fernandes, they'd have sacked him months ago.  

Without Fernandez we wouldn't even got to the CL

There is some real talent there in the likes of Greenwood, Rashford, Fernandez in an attacking sense but defensively there to be got at. Any team can see the gaping lack of pace at the centre which is where your main problem lies. 

As Maguire is your captain and most expensive defender it’s gonna take a brave manager to make the call to move him on, and OLS isn’t that person. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

There is some real talent there in the likes of Greenwood, Rashford, Fernandez in an attacking sense but defensively there to be got at. Any team can see the gaping lack of pace at the centre which is where your main problem lies. 

As Maguire is your captain and most expensive defender it’s gonna take a brave manager to make the call to move him on, and OLS isn’t that person. 

Re: your like of the above Mourinho point. I am pretty sure you were one of the people who said his career was over and he wasnt' the same. 

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I've seen a lot of them won over the years kid....and your team won't be getting close this year.

If there is one top 6 fanbase which should be keeping their mouth shut it's Spurs. With City and Liverpool I don't understand the constant rejoycing when we lose, because when we were on top I didn't care about them... but they have earned the right to laugh if they want to.

You have won sweet FA and you are already running your mouth. Even in the era since Fergie left (Europa, FA Cup, and League Cup) we still <deleted> all over your trophy cabinet in the last 25 years. 

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

With City and Liverpool I don't understand the constant rejoycing when we lose, because when we were on top I didn't care about them... but they have earned the right to laugh if they want to.

Are you joshing with me or just have a memory lapse?

All the way through my childhood and adult life I got ripped by United fans, even relatives.

You say when you were on top you didn't care about us...well why did United fans have a dedicated banner at OT saying how many years we hadn't won anything for? You don't half talk rubbish sometimes mate. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Are you joshing with me or just have a memory lapse?

All the way through my childhood and adult life I got ripped by United fans, even relatives.

You say when you were on top you didn't care about us...well why did United fans have a dedicated banner at OT saying how many years we hadn't won anything for? You don't half talk rubbish sometimes mate. 

Your experience is different to mine mate... we've been through this before, and it ended with you and BB feeling hurt that United only considered you our 3rd biggest rival.

We probably grew up in different times, but I and other United mates wanted City to get promoted so we could have a derby. Of course you we wanted to win the derby, but other than that you were just a laughing stock. Certainly not a big enough threat to celebrate any of your defeats.

Edited by RickG16

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

They gave Ole the job because he stuck a toe out in 1999, comedy at its finest. I think he earns more than Klopp too. 

Saw an article the other day on this. SAF insisted that none of his players should ever earn more than the manager. His view was that no single player is bigger than the manager. United bosses agreed with that. OGS is on £177k per week I think the article said. There are several players at United on much more than that.

• Like 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Saw an article the other day on this. SAF insisted that none of his players should ever earn more than the manager. His view was that no single player is bigger than the manager. United bosses agreed with that. OGS is on £177k per week I think the article said. There are several players at United on much more than that.

That's never realistic in today's market though is it. Unless you want to pay OTT for your manager just on principle.

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

but other than that you were just a laughing stock. Certainly not a big enough threat to celebrate any of your defeats.

And that, right there, is why we want you to lose. You can say all the other stuff but that line shows you United lot revert to type. At least I'm honest with my wanting United to fail. You say it doesn't bother you but it clearly does

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't know Chip. Rashford can also take penalties can't he ????

Yes he can, Bruno bought something else to the game that made them 3 tick, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood over 60 goals between them

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

And that, right there, is why we want you to lose. You can say all the other stuff but that line shows you United lot revert to type. At least I'm honest with my wanting United to fail. You say it doesn't bother you but it clearly does

Of course I want City to lose pretty much all their games now. But I still don't go in for the 'rub your nose in it' mentality when you lose a game.

Growing up, I remember wanting City to win games on many occasions. And I don't think I was the only United fan to think like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

You said we "were the laughing stock" !! How much more rubbing in your face can you be?

Yeah I remember being a little amused at your heartbreaks, but I think I was more sympathetic to City fans than anything. Certainly don't remember rubbing their faces in it. And the pre-Football City Group supporters of City were also very good at laughing at themselves if you remember... they didn't take themselves quite so seriously. Like the humble country girl before her sugar Daddy started giving her credit cards.

One of a few reasons I have always had a soft spot for Spurs is the ability of their fans to keep their humour and not take themselves so seriously (like say Arsenal fans). On the basis of our resident Spurs fan (isn't he Scottish anyway, that's odd?) they are rapidly losing this likeable charm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Re: your like of the above Mourinho point. I am pretty sure you were one of the people who said his career was over and he wasnt' the same. 

It was for the latter part of the post re OLS being a deer in the headlights etc just in case it’s keeping you awake. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Your experience is different to mine mate... we've been through this before, and it ended with you and BB feeling hurt that United only considered you our 3rd biggest rival.

We probably grew up in different times, but I and other United mates wanted City to get promoted so we could have a derby. Of course you we wanted to win the derby, but other than that you were just a laughing stock. Certainly not a big enough threat to celebrate any of your defeats.

For a ManU fan to say City are not your biggest rivals shows lack of historical knowledge of your and our main rivals throughout history (i.e. each other). 

City supposedly being 3rd presumably means behind Liverpool and Leeds (?); the Leeds rivalry only started in the 70s but due to your age you might not know that.

Mentioned it to you before, buy Dr. Gary James' brilliant book on Manchester football (decade-by-decade history of City, ManU and all the other clubs in the area).