The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I don't think The Orient next season. Although we live in hope.

That life-long United supporter Rick Ashley, reckons Arsenal are bending over backwards to recruit Arsene Wenger. 

Were they stupid to let him go; or what!?

Maybe not Wenger, but Brendon Rogers could be touted as the next Arsenal manager 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Maybe not Wenger, but Brendon Rogers could be touted as the next Arsenal manager 

Perhaps 'Big Sam' jumped in to Birmingham too soon.

Should have waited a bit longer.

Arsenal are made for him.

17 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

West Brom

Birmingham the city, not the club of course. But interestingly; WBA ground is in Birmingham, and the town of West Bromwich is just outside.

Not Brendon Rogers for sure.

Manchester United player ratings: Bruno Fernandes and Luke Shaw good vs Leicester City

Man United drew 2-2 with Leicester despite twice taking the lead as their away day winning run ended and here is how they rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-leicester-19522735

On 12/26/2020 at 11:29 AM, ChipButty said:

Jonny Evan's wife has just said, if he dont score 2 own goals and get a red card in the first 15 minutes, he's not getting his leg over for 6 months

She didn't really say that?!! On MUTV?? ????????????????

Manchester United predicted XI vs Wolves: De Gea; Tuanzebe, Bailly, Maguire, Telles; Pogba, Matic; Van de Beek, Fernandes, Greenwood; Martial.

For me I would start Cavani he is liable to get a ban shortly so give him some game time, I think he would give the Wolves defense a hard time they normally play with 5 across the back, Wolves dont score many goals so no need for 2 CDM's get the ball forwards

Goodness me that was grim. At times, I could predict almost exactly what was going to happen. There seems to be a mantra at United, ‘why take one touch when you can have five’. The more I watch Telles, the more I think he’s been a total waste of money: doesn’t want to run into open spaces.

But hey ho, we scored, we won and we’re second. We should be celebrating, but the football is dire, and the lack of drive and movement is shocking. Credit to Bailly, Shaw and Matic for good performances.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

But hey ho, we scored, we won and we’re second. We should be celebrating, but the football is dire, and the lack of drive and movement is shocking. Credit to Bailly, Shaw and Matic for good performances.

A point off top and still complaints... how many games have been played these past few weeks...and you expect champagne football time after time...a season is a long drag not a sprint... the sign of a good side is one that can grind results out when not playing well ????

14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Goodness me that was grim. At times, I could predict almost exactly what was going to happen. There seems to be a mantra at United, ‘why take one touch when you can have five’. The more I watch Telles, the more I think he’s been a total waste of money: doesn’t want to run into open spaces.

Tbh mate Telles can do something we've been struggling with for years, crossing the ball. He also made some good runs back to help Maguire  out with Traore. Full backs can attack v well these days but let's not expect them to be wingers. Telles is a solid acquisition IMO.

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Full time job that. 

I think there's no doubt one of the things he's weakest at is running backwards as a pacy attacker (Traore fastest in Prem?) is running directly at him. But he does have attributes too. 

Who is your player of the year fellas? Well I guess that's obvious, so how about a top 3?

I will go:

1. Bruno

2. Fred

3. Shaw

Honourable mentions for Martial, DDG and Rashford. But those 3 have been a little more inconsistent IMO.

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Who is your player of the year fellas? Well I guess that's obvious, so how about a top 3?

I will go:

1. Bruno

2. Fred

3. Shaw

Honourable mentions for Martial, DDG and Rashford. But those 3 have been a little more inconsistent IMO.

Has to be Bruno, Im undecided as for the others

Fred

Rashford

On 9/26/2020 at 8:47 PM, Jack Hna said:

The biggest point made in that showing is how difficult it will be for united in the bottom half of the league. You heard it here first. United will not be in the top 10 this season.

Is the Football forums Nostradamus still around? The self appointed football genius who claimed OGS was useless and would be gone by Christmas. That MU were more relegation material. As the old saying goes          "You don't have to have long neck to be a goose". Happy New Year to all . Lets hope Covid doesn't derail the season the premiership race is going to be tight.

Manchester United player ratings: Paul Pogba and Fred good vs Aston Villa

Man United made it 10 games unbeaten in the Premier League with a 2-1 win over Aston Villa and here are the player ratings from Old Trafford.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-villa-19550937

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

If Pogba played like this every week then United fans wouldn't care what his agent was saying. This display has to be the benchmark before the inevitable summer sale. 8

He's fine on the left. Just don't give him any defensive responsibility in the middle. I was worried he might go missing after that elbow to the mouth but he did well.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Bailly read that shot at the end like a psychic, he was on the floor before before the trigger was pulled...great stuff from Bailly, he's a bit mad but love to see it. Just wish he could stay fit

The worry is that we went to sleep for their goal. AWB was stood over the ball for free kick as he should be, but nobody filled in at right back and Grealish had all the time in the world. 

Archived