The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 10/4/2021 at 11:33 AM, Kadilo said:

If OLS had spent some time under a decent coach he may have had a chance over time but he’s totally out of his depth and the sentimental appointment is backfiring.

Even if he is telling them the right instructions they clearly aren’t listening and in that case have no respect for him. 

He needs to be moved along with all his backup team before it becomes too embarrassing and he damages both his past reputation with the club and any chance you have of winning anything. 

Hate to say I told you so, but posted 3 weeks ago and now the embarrassment has happened.  

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Hate to say I told you so, but posted 3 weeks ago and now the embarrassment has happened.  

With respect Kadilo, aren't you forgetting that Ole was originally a caretaker?

Let's remember that the plan was Poch, but then Ole made it almost impossible not to give him the job. He went on a record breaking winning run!

The enthusiasm among the fanbase and the media at that time was massive. 3 years down the line it doesn't look too clever. But don't forget the circumstances he was given the job in.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Why anyone thought that someone who relegated Cardiff and only had limited success with Molde was capable of managing one of the biggest sides in the world against the likes of Klopp, Guardiola. Tuchel etc. is beyond me. Totally out of his depth.

Again, the answer to that is simple. Nobody planned to give him the job, but he went on a record breaking winning run! 

Pretty much everyone in and out of the club thought he should get the job at that time.

He earned the opportunity to manage the club, and in the end he's stuffed it up. Onto the next one.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

With respect Kadilo, aren't you forgetting that Ole was originally a caretaker?

Let's remember that the plan was Poch, but then Ole made it almost impossible not to give him the job. He went on a record breaking winning run!

The enthusiasm among the fanbase and the media at that time was massive. 3 years down the line it doesn't look too clever. But don't forget the circumstances he was given the job in.

Yep fair point. 

My point 3 weeks ago was more that you could see how this was going and it was obvious changes were needed. Then they give Phelan a new contract as well. I think it was about this same time. 

I think the players are hiding behind the situation. There is absolutely no excuse for the performances of the likes of Shaw, Maguire and Fernandes. They were awful. Lacked desire, positional sense, effort and fewest tackles by a team in the Premiership this season? …and Maguire is supposed to be your leader.

To come on and say they all have to look at themselves In an interview after the game is shameful  Where was he during it ?

They have let the manager down badly but he has obviously lost the dressing room. 

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yep fair point. 

My point 3 weeks ago was more that you could see how this was going and it was obvious changes were needed. Then they give Phelan a new contract as well. I think it was about this same time. 

I think the players are hiding behind the situation. There is absolutely no excuse for the performances of the likes of Shaw, Maguire and Fernandes. They were awful. Lacked desire, positional sense, effort and fewest tackles by a team in the Premiership this season? …and Maguire is supposed to be your leader.

To come on and say they all have to look at themselves In an interview after the game is shameful  Where was he during it ?

They have let the manager down badly but he has obviously lost the dressing room. 

It's a mess for sure. I guess they were thinking a couple of good results against the bigger teams could turn it around.

He deserves a dignified exit. But can't see how he makes it past the end of the week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's a mess for sure. I guess they were thinking a couple of good results against the bigger teams could turn it around.

He deserves a dignified exit. But can't see how he makes it past the end of the week. 

Spurs Atalanta and City on the horizon, not looking good 

Big performance against Spurs to show the team are with him or out I reckon 

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Big performance against Spurs to show the team are with him or out I reckon 

I honestly think it's past that point. I don't think Sunday could be more definitive.

Might be a case of how long the Conte negotiations take. The problem is sacking Ole could play into the hands of Conte and his agent (if he has one?)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I honestly think it's past that point. I don't think Sunday could be more definitive.

Might be a case of how long the Conte negotiations take. The problem is sacking Ole could play into the hands of Conte and his agent (if he has one?)

Ive just been told one of the reasons they have not sacked him just yet is they didn't have a plan B they never expected this to happen after all the activity in the summer transfer's and it seems likely he will be in charge for the Spurs game

• Sad 1

Apparently Fergie and Martin Edwards visited the training ground today. What possible reason for Edwards to be there?! He might have been chairman when Ole signed as a player but can't see the relevance there.....

Looks to me like they are giving him more time. If the Glazers understood football surely they wouldn't be doing this. If they even care. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What Jessica?

Not even Shaw she can solve your problems 

At the moment its a case of too many chefs spoil the broth. Just need one voice and one plan to tide us over to the next manager.....

But looks like Ole is getting 3 more games....

• Like 1

I think you should look at Potter, you need a new type of manager. Just look at the results he keeps getting now for 2 seasons with Brighton.    With Ole there is no game plan, at least I can't see it. Only individual brilliance from time to time. 

But you will still beat us in London. Spurs will save Ole from the sack until you face City. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

At the moment its a case of too many chefs spoil the broth. Just need one voice and one plan to tide us over to the next manager.....

But looks like Ole is getting 3 more games....

Just prolonging the inevitable, even if you won all 3 … and you won’t. 

As I said yesterday you are than capable of beating Spurs but top 4 pushing the top 3 and a decent run in Europe?  Not a chance and that is where you should be. 

He will  never be capable of getting the best out of the 400 million spent, certainly not with that back up team. 

10 minutes ago, balo said:

I think you should look at Potter, you need a new type of manager. Just look at the results he keeps getting now for 2 seasons with Brighton.    With Ole there is no game plan, at least I can't see it. Only individual brilliance from time to time. 

But you will still beat us in London. Spurs will save Ole from the sack until you face City. 

Potter has done great but we need a manager capable of walking into the dressing room and instantly getting the respect of Ronaldo, Varane etc... that will be an uphill struggle for him. 

19 minutes ago, balo said:

Yeah, Potter would be a good choice in my book, but he's lacking a star name.

Potter has done great but we need a manager capable of walking into the dressing room and instantly getting the respect of Ronaldo, Varane etc... that will be an uphill struggle for him. 

They are professional players, just because he has not won any trophies does not mean he will not be getting the respect he deserves. 
United needs a manager that will try to get the best out of Ronaldo so he actually fits in the team and that should not be a problem for a tactical manager like Potter. He fits the bill. 

1 minute ago, balo said:

They are professional players, just because he has not won any trophies does not mean he will not be getting the respect he deserves. 
United needs a manager that will try to get the best out of Ronaldo so he actually fits in the team and that should not be a problem for a tactical manager like Potter. He fits the bill. 

I don't think it works like that. Personally I think if you are Ronaldo and you see this guy walk in the dressing room having never managed a top club and never won anything, you think 'what can he teach me?'

It's just like bosses in the real world. 

This is straight from a Ex United player, Im not mentioning any names, He tells me he has to play 3 at the back to get out of this mess, not sure if AWB can play that role, Telles can play as a wing back 3-5-2 is the way to play at the moment.

Now no Pogba for the next 3 games, Nice one Paul,

Maguire is having a mere but Ole will stick with him, Shaw is not upto it at the moment, 

Back 3 of Maguire Lindaflopp and Bailly