The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, oldgit said:

Nothing like confidence, not only in yourself but the rest of your teammates, to get the desired result. Since Potter and his staff have arrived, there's been a togetherness within the squad. The starting line up running through brick walls to get the ball and the bench cheering them on.

I like the way Graham P has complete trust in his players by making seven changes for this game. They worked hard and should have been more than one up at the break, with a bit more composure. That goal just before half time was vital, as I could picture the armchair judges in the television studios all nodding in unison that Potter had made a mistake with too many changes. Absolutely delighted to see Pulisic and Broja get their goals as they have been struggling to find the net of late.

Well done mate... i struggled to make any comment of note on that game as i thought it was ugly...i thought Kepa done okay for what little he had to do,calm and not flustered on kicking out. Havertz looked to have the ump to me in that 1st half ...am i the only one going too press (that was my interpretation) still good result.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Well done mate... i struggled to make any comment of note on that game as i thought it was ugly...i thought Kepa done okay for what little he had to do,calm and not flustered on kicking out. Havertz looked to have the ump to me in that 1st half ...am i the only one going too press (that was my interpretation) still good result.

Kepa is looking the business now. A good save to deny Moutinho from their free kick. Mendy will have to make do waiting his turn, as Kepa had to, because he's bang in form right now.

Another good night for Kepa..well done mate. Loved the 1st time passing forward from Reece (must have seen Dave do it so many times on Saturday v Wolves). Did not like Kova losing the ball 3 times with players coming in from behind...maybe he needs wing mirrors fitted. That aside great result great clean sheet and the group is now back in our own hands....Nice.

• Like 1

A very scratchy win against a Villa side full of pace and invention. We were appalling in that first half so it's a good job that we had Kepa at the top of his form. His saves, especially the Ings header were outstanding. Graham P knew the problem and made two substitutions at half time, which steadied the ship. Gallagher came on and put some energy and pace in midfield.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

A very scratchy win against a Villa side full of pace and invention. We were appalling in that first half so it's a good job that we had Kepa at the top of his form. His saves, especially the Ings header were outstanding. Graham P knew the problem and made two substitutions at half time, which steadied the ship. Gallagher came on and put some energy and pace in midfield.

Yep shocking 1st half ..the Doctor got that formation all wrong..thankfully he had the balls to change it at half time. Koulibaly added calmness in defence and Loftus Cheek was better in midfield than he was in his 1st half position.

Denis Zakaria might get a run out against Brentford on Wednesday given he has been on the bench in 3 out of our last 4 games. Possible GP might start Broja or Pulisic or both?

• Like 1

I'd prefer Broja over Aubameyang any day of the week. He works hard, puts defenders under pressure and is beginning to find the back of the net. The other bloke is a 'fairground' player. When it suits him, he'll turn somersaults but bread and butter games? Let someone else put in a shift. A lazy  b*****d who's obviously talented but who's work rate is zero. Sterling is beginning to annoy me as well Keith. I thought the best game he's had with us was the first one! He's definitely no Reece James! It's a mystery where his blinding pace has gone. Something we can ill afford with a few slow coaches in the team.

I'd like to see Dennis Zakaria play. Stick him in midfield with Gallagher and Ruben dropping off to link up with the centre backs. What's your take on the Kante saga? I can't believe he's asking for more money than Chelsea are willing to give. The man drives a Mini Cooper <deleted>! Just tabloid b****cks or is Boehly serious about shifting out probably our best midfield player in the last 6-7 years?

20 hours ago, oldgit said:

I'd prefer Broja over Aubameyang any day of the week. He works hard, puts defenders under pressure and is beginning to find the back of the net. The other bloke is a 'fairground' player. When it suits him, he'll turn somersaults but bread and butter games? Let someone else put in a shift. A lazy  b*****d who's obviously talented but who's work rate is zero. Sterling is beginning to annoy me as well Keith. I thought the best game he's had with us was the first one! He's definitely no Reece James! It's a mystery where his blinding pace has gone. Something we can ill afford with a few slow coaches in the team.

I'd like to see Dennis Zakaria play. Stick him in midfield with Gallagher and Ruben dropping off to link up with the centre backs. What's your take on the Kante saga? I can't believe he's asking for more money than Chelsea are willing to give. The man drives a Mini Cooper <deleted>! Just tabloid b****cks or is Boehly serious about shifting out probably our best midfield player in the last 6-7 years?

Sterling,s best game so far from memory was where he started on the left wing and hated every minute of it ..(according to the match commentary team) ..then 25 minutes later(same pundits) said it was his best position and he got motm ????????

Kante... i dont know about the money, but i did hear he wanted a 4 year contract? Not a problem for me as the contract should be based on appearances which then takes in injuries etc etc If he has to play 25 games per season to get blah blah blah then so be it and if he don,t then he don,t. For me i dont care if he only plays 60 minutes...that 50 minutes could get us over the line.

He has got to finish his career with us...no one else imho.

• Like 1

Good game for a 0-0 imho.....i though most of the team made a contribution of sorts.Broja was excellent in that 1st half and Chalobah had a really solid 90+mins.

Another clean sheet for Kepa really pleased for him. Chuka had a nice little cameo on his introduction,so fully expect "Long Legs" Dennis to get some minutes on Sunday.

21 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Good game for a 0-0 imho.....i though most of the team made a contribution of sorts.Broja was excellent in that 1st half and Chalobah had a really solid 90+mins.

Another clean sheet for Kepa really pleased for him. Chuka had a nice little cameo on his introduction,so fully expect "Long Legs" Dennis to get some minutes on Sunday.

Brentford are a difficult nut to crack at home so, a good point to gain. I agree that Broja was good but I also thought Pulisic looked very lively when he came on. Long may that continue because, on his best form, he takes the p**s out of defenders. Yes Keith, I was impressed with Chuka. He reminds me of another Loftus -Cheek in his movement and trickery.

22 hours ago, oldgit said:

Brentford are a difficult nut to crack at home so, a good point to gain. I agree that Broja was good but I also thought Pulisic looked very lively when he came on. Long may that continue because, on his best form, he takes the p**s out of defenders. Yes Keith, I was impressed with Chuka. He reminds me of another Loftus -Cheek in his movement and trickery.

Your right Pulisic did okay in the minutes he had..might get him in front of Havertz in the pecking order today. Chuka reminds me a little bit like Loic Remy?

17 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Your right Pulisic did okay in the minutes he had..might get him in front of Havertz in the pecking order today. Chuka reminds me a little bit like Loic Remy?

Blimey! Forgot about Remy. That was one big struggle from start to finish yesterday. Not surprising considering our two best players are missing. You can't replace world class players like Reece and Kante overnight. I saw the starting line up and wasn't impressed. Not enough pace in midfield and on the flanks, which United exploited time after time, until Graham P brought on Kova on the half hour mark. Why put Cucerella as a defensive wing back and Chilwell as the attacker, who couldn't run past me, let alone their full back? At the start, I would have switched them. Cucerella is far better further up the pitch. Kepa in top form again to keep them at bay.

I thought that Auba Sterling and Mount were very ineffective,and GP could have brought on Pulisic or Broja or both at half time.

Still, only 6 games left before WC and a draw Tuesday night will probably be enough to see us through to the Knock out stages of CL.

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I thought that Auba Sterling and Mount were very ineffective,and GP could have brought on Pulisic or Broja or both at half time.

Still, only 6 games left before WC and a draw Tuesday night will probably be enough to see us through to the Knock out stages of CL.

I agree Keith. Far more energy from Broja when he came on and too late for Pulisic to make a real impact. I'm rapidly losing patience with Auba.

A draw might be good enough tonight but I would like a win and a convincing win at that. Given no involvement for Havertz against Man u I fully expect him to start tonight....though unless he hits top form I don't expect him to be here at the start of next season.

Talk about after the "Lord Mayors Show"..that was pitiful.

Sterling was no help to Cucu whatsoever ..Pulisic could n,t hit a cow,s <deleted> with a shovel from 3 feet,Thiago man that was sheer arrogance and disrespectful to there players that type of defending. Mount... didn,t even know he was playing and Mendy showed why he ain,t number one any more. Potter has had the balls to hook off Cucu before half time on at least 2 occasions so why did,t he hook off Sterling....He Kovacic (on a Yellow) and Pulisic should not have come out for the 2nd half.

Potters name is now in pencil in my book after that shambles...got 4 games before WC to put that right..well 3 actually as Wed don,t count but the games against Arsenal City and Newcastle certainly do.

• Like 1

Might see Dennis start tonight, would make a nice change, and a few youngsters as well.

Realllisticly I think we have to match Milan, s 4nil drubbing of this lot... Just for the sake of it.

What we won't see tonight is that disgusting kit as worn last week (well I thought it was disgusting) what exact ice cream flavour it was I don't know.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Might see Dennis start tonight, would make a nice change, and a few youngsters as well.

Realllisticly I think we have to match Milan, s 4nil drubbing of this lot... Just for the sake of it.

What we won't see tonight is that disgusting kit as worn last week (well I thought it was disgusting) what exact ice cream flavour it was I don't know.

Banana flavour and as I don't like bananas, you can guess what I thought of it. I only saw the highlights of the game last night and thought it was weak defending that led to their goal. We need to be far more resilient and sturdy against the <deleted>' or their attack will have a field day. Let 'em know that we mean business and get stuck in early.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Banana flavour and as I don't like bananas, you can guess what I thought of it. I only saw the highlights of the game last night and thought it was weak defending that led to their goal. We need to be far more resilient and sturdy against the <deleted>' or their attack will have a field day. Let 'em know that we mean business and get stuck in early.

Yep that was <deleted> defending all right for there goal,but overall not a bad watch. Dennis made his debut scored and had a decent game imo and i would guess play a part of sorts on Sunday.

Yes Og we have to be solid on Sunday nothing half hearted ..just full blooded...let em have it.:annoyed:

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Yep that was <deleted> defending all right for there goal,but overall not a bad watch. Dennis made his debut scored and had a decent game imo and i would guess play a part of sorts on Sunday.

Yes Og we have to be solid on Sunday nothing half hearted ..just full blooded...let em have it.:annoyed:

I would guess a back three of Thiago, Chalobah and Koulibaly. Some pace and grit there. Azpilicueta wide right and Cucerella wide left. I thought Loftus -Cheek was appalling against Brighton in the first half. Statuesque and played in a trance so can't be trusted in the holding midfield role. Can he be trusted however, at right wing back? Get that man Dennis Z in midfield with Kova! Or, if Kova's not fit, Jorginho and Zakaria.

I suppose we'll be starting with Aubameyang but, if I see him winking and high fiving his old team mates in the tunnel, the right boot will be poised to smash the TV in the general direction of his testicles.

• Haha 1

Auba...I dont want to defend him but to his credit there was a moment in that second half last night where he had tracked back to the edge of our penalty and instigated if not completed himself ..robbing them of there possession of the ball...i was gobsmacked and impressed. Put in a shift there will be no criticism from me.

What i liked about Dennis last night was he received or passed/layed off the ball and then immediately moved forward creating an option......smart imho

39 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Yeah, I saw that Keith. I thought it was someone else! My hope is that, as he left Highbury under a bit of a cloud, he will want to prove a point. 

This is a massive game for us,i know we have injuries at the back but nowadays anyone can play anywhere so no excuses. Moreover Arsenal Man u and yeah Bournemouth have had the wood over us for a while now and we need this on Sunday and so does Potter. Play smart and be positive and we can do this ...any flimsy or half hearted and we are......you know the rest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Easy money today - Where's Mr Simmo with his ha ha emoji ???

Go and watch Man U

You are currently 2-0 down to Villa with 20 minutes  gone ..........or is that why you came here ?

SUN 06 NOV 2022PREMIER LEAGUE
Aston Villa2Manchester United0
A
  • Bailey (7'minutes)
  • Digne (11'minutes)
20 mins
Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Haha 2

I can have no real complaints with the result, although the defending for their goal was bordering on amateurish. Defensively, I thought we were generally solid with Cucerella restricting Saka's contribution and Azpilicueta also tigerish in the tackle on Martinelli. It took a while for Sterling to get to grips with the art of 'doubling up', but he got there in the end. Aubameyang couldn't get into the game at all and was anonymous, probably because our midfield was second best and couldn't provide him with the service. Saying that, he still doesn't work hard enough for me. Mason put himself about and Havertz  had a couple of chances but wasted them. That was the problem throughout the game. It was all about stopping them instead of being proactive ourselves. Overall, we are missing key players in Kante, James and Fofana and the players who are in for them are not up to their standard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldgit said:

I can have no real complaints with the result, although the defending for their goal was bordering on amateurish. Defensively, I thought we were generally solid with Cucerella restricting Saka's contribution and Azpilicueta also tigerish in the tackle on Martinelli. It took a while for Sterling to get to grips with the art of 'doubling up', but he got there in the end. Aubameyang couldn't get into the game at all and was anonymous, probably because our midfield was second best and couldn't provide him with the service. Saying that, he still doesn't work hard enough for me. Mason put himself about and Havertz  had a couple of chances but wasted them. That was the problem throughout the game. It was all about stopping them instead of being proactive ourselves. Overall, we are missing key players in Kante, James and Fofana and the players who are in for them are not up to their standard.

Flimsy performance,not what is required to win most matches and certainly not a London derby. My swear box is full now though...must have said pass the thuccking thing at least 5 times as someone sought to go it alone when totally surrounded. I blame potter for that performance,Dennis and koulibaly should have started and Sterling should have been hooked at half time though he did have a better last 20 minutes. Cucerella like you say Og done a good job he can be pleased with his performance seeing as he was one on one with that slippery diving little thuckker nearly game and rarely did he get past him.

World cup cant come soon enough for me....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Flimsy performance,not what is required to win most matches and certainly not a London derby. My swear box is full now though...must have said pass the thuccking thing at least 5 times as someone sought to go it alone when totally surrounded. I blame potter for that performance,Dennis and koulibaly should have started and Sterling should have been hooked at half time though he did have a better last 20 minutes. Cucerella like you say Og done a good job he can be pleased with his performance seeing as he was one on one with that slippery diving little thuckker nearly game and rarely did he get past him.

World cup cant come soon enough for me....

We need a player in midfield that can pick a pass Keith. You look at all the front runners in the Premier League, they've all got a so called 'midfield general' who pulls the strings. Unless there's a player lurking in the reserves or on the bench, we don't. Reece is definitely capable if let loose in that role. Loftus- Cheek and Sterling were both guilty more than once, of getting caught in possession by dwelling on the ball or trying to run with it. A deft pass to a runner would cut out all that nonsense, but we don't have such a player...do we?