The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

An interesting appointment of Paul Winstanley, formerly head of recruitment at Brighton, now to be our head of global recruitment. His record of digging out diamonds from the rough whilst at Brighton, is exemplary so, does this mean a change in our transfer policy of paying big money for the obvious? I think it does.

I think this is why Boehly got rid of Tuchel, because he would have demanded to recruit the expensive, names up in lights types, and went for Potter and his staff who, as previous experience shows, are willing to put in the hard graft and not spend their time browsing Youtube.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2022 at 8:57 PM, RickG16 said:

Chelsea are in serious trouble. Our American owners aren't perfect but at least they understand enough to keep their nose out of the football side of things. Tuchel was given money to spend on the players he wanted then had the carpet pulled from under his feet. Now you are left with a midtable manager and a yank owner who thinks he understands the game

We dont do serious trouble...we do minor blips.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

We dont do serious trouble...we do minor blips.

Well from 1955 - 2005 ( 50 yrs ) is some blip for the title. ????

I'm hoping your personal blip (dry spell) was much shorter  ????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

The 19 major Trophies won since 1996 has made up for that...add the double digit number of losing finals and being runners up,and i am a happy camper :wink:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

I was there at Stamford Bridge in 1955, when Roy Bentley lifted the trophy and Ted Drake was manager. From then until Ken Bates took over, the club was being run by a bunch of clowns, only interested in selling talented youngsters ( Mears should have been locked up for selling Jimmy Greaves to AC Milan) and keeping has- beens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

I was there at Stamford Bridge in 1955, when Roy Bentley lifted the trophy and Ted Drake was manager. From then until Ken Bates took over, the club was being run by a bunch of clowns, only interested in selling talented youngsters ( Mears should have been locked up for selling Jimmy Greaves to AC Milan) and keeping has- beens.

Some bloke nicknamed "stroller" (George G) was pretty handy as well 35 goals in 72 games (sold to the Arsse) and (Terry V) sold to the other North London outfit...Hudson too went to the (Arsse) yep we were sellers....they new talent when they saw it ...and then flogged it :annoyed:

No regrets from me about Ray Wilkins though as he was a class act and deserved to play for better team than we were at the time....and no that did not hurt to say that.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although there were a few F.A Cup wins and European Trophies and Full members cups in that time 

Yeah Mac, forgot about the European Cup Winners Cup in 1971. I had to go home after the first game and missed the replay.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Yeah Mac, forgot about the European Cup Winners Cup in 1971. I had to go home after the first game and missed the replay.

1st Trophy I got a good look at.. As it was paraded around the ground before the home game with Man u .. Ossie delighted in thrusting it at the Man u fans gathered under the "Old North Stand" yards from where I always stood.  Lost that game 2-3 after going 1 up and seeing George Best sent off before half time.. Not a happy memory.... But have had hundreds of great ones since ????????

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

1st Trophy I got a good look at.. As it was paraded around the ground before the home game with Man u .. Ossie delighted in thrusting it at the Man u fans gathered under the "Old North Stand" yards from where I always stood.  Lost that game 2-3 after going 1 up and seeing George Best sent off before half time.. Not a happy memory.... But have had hundreds of great ones since ????????

Did you have your usual ruck with the United rabble Keith?

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Did you have your usual ruck with the United rabble Keith?

Not on that occasion Og....on my best behaviour as I was with my late Father... Though he did take exception with some Paddy who was mocking our reserve keeper (Philips) when they scored from the penalty spot... Why the Paddy was mocking Philips I don't know.

50 years ago I can remember it like it was yesterday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

That's probably why they got <deleted> cked

Just looked on the team sheet and there are six either current or former Chelsea players playing in the game .

Five of the former Chelsea players are on the losing side and the other only current Chelsea  player is playing on the winning side .

Now full time Ex Chelsea players 0 Current Chelsea players 2

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just looked on the team sheet and there are six either current or former Chelsea players playing in the game .

Five of the former Chelsea players are on the losing side and the other only current Chelsea  player is playing on the winning side .

Now full time Ex Chelsea players 0 Current Chelsea players 2

This is all dutch to me brother - I'm in my bar in Thailand right now drinking John Daniels & I'm <deleted> ked - Just went for a Jimmy, came back & the Canadian Mounties are 1-0 up -  Put that heating up brother, get under that duvet & keep your socks on ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

This is all dutch to me brother - I'm in my bar in Thailand right now drinking John Daniels & I'm <deleted> ked - Just went for a Jimmy, came back & the Canadian Mounties are 1-0 up -  Put that heating up brother, get under that duvet & keep your socks on ????

I could have flown to Thailand last week, but I wanted to stay in the UK

• Haha 1

With Liverpool up for sale - probably at a STEAL

With Man Utd now for sale - probably the biggest buyer.

Chelsea may go down another rung in that ladder re financial wealth

I assume the top two will be bought by seriously rich patrons...... I don't think the new Chelsea owners thought that when they bought it recently.

18 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

Was John Terry in the pic for all ? ????

Quality post brother - You see him in his suit in Munich ??? After they won in extra time, he was on the pitch in his kit - Even had his boots on - What a complete & utter <deleted>

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

With Liverpool up for sale - probably at a STEAL

With Man Utd now for sale - probably the biggest buyer.

Chelsea may go down another rung in that ladder re financial wealth

I assume the top two will be bought by seriously rich patrons...... I don't think the new Chelsea owners thought that when they bought it recently.

I would love the Glazers to sell United & buy the Dippers.

18 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

Was John Terry in the pic for all ? ????

Scum of the earth brother - i was in the stadium Moscow 2008 - Terry walked from the half way line, tugging up his Captain's armband on the way towards the United end - 15 minutes later, this was him - 

images.jpeg-23.jpg