Biometrics for UK citizenship

Evening,

I have just completed the online application form for UK citizenship and have come across the final part regarding the biometrics. You have to choose between the new method which seems to be a premium center which is nowhere near us or the existing method which I'm hoping is the biometrics taken by the post office and send directly to the home office (like the ILR application). Can anyone confirm this please.

Many thanks

Sent from my B3-A20 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jonzboy

Hi liveforever, I've just completed this process for my wife.  You'll find it very difficult to use the old method as part of the online application.  It would mean that you would already have to have an appointment with a local authority to have your documents checked.  These have all but stopped now, leaving the only alternatives of using the new system or filling in the paper form and sending off your documents to UKVI.

The new process works OK, the UKVCAS service is run by a commercial enterprise and appointments are free (you pay extra for quick service or popular timings).  It was a bit of a journey to get to Croydon for my wife's BRP appointment, and it took 1.5 hours (mostly sitting and waiting in a queue).  The beauty is that you can scan and upload all your documents, no need to send off originals.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, jonzboy said:

Hi liveforever, I've just completed this process for my wife.  You'll find it very difficult to use the old method as part of the online application.  It would mean that you would already have to have an appointment with a local authority to have your documents checked.  These have all but stopped now, leaving the only alternatives of using the new system or filling in the paper form and sending off your documents to UKVI.

The new process works OK, the UKVCAS service is run by a commercial enterprise and appointments are free (you pay extra for quick service or popular timings).  It was a bit of a journey to get to Croydon for my wife's BRP appointment, and it took 1.5 hours (mostly sitting and waiting in a queue).  The beauty is that you can scan and upload all your documents, no need to send off originals.

Where do the Scottish residents go ?

Croydon also ?

Thanks

Guest jonzboy
13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've lived and worked in all three places, Croydon is by far the best.

Not as wet, windy or cold, and a lot more things to do.

???? I spent two hours in Croydon to attend wifey's citizenship application biometrics appointment.  Seriously, that was two hours that I'll never get back...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jonzboy,
Many thanks for your replies and information and apologies for the delay in replying.
I know you have gone for the new method which I would also do if there was one near us.
I have completed the online application but will not be submitting it until we return from our annual trip to Thailand in March.
I understand your comments about the difficulty in the old method bio submission. We did use this old method 8 years ago for ILR and it involves taking your application confirmation letter in to your main post office where they take the biometrics and photo and send it directly to the home office and from what I have read on other immigration forums it works exactly the same for citizenship and the letter for the post office is sent to you instantly after the payment page. This is only what I have read mate so if anyone has real time information on this I would be really interested.
Kind regards

Guest jonzboy
On 1/11/2019 at 12:03 PM, liveforever said:

Hi jonzboy,
Many thanks for your replies and information and apologies for the delay in replying.
I know you have gone for the new method which I would also do if there was one near us.
I have completed the online application but will not be submitting it until we return from our annual trip to Thailand in March.
I understand your comments about the difficulty in the old method bio submission. We did use this old method 8 years ago for ILR and it involves taking your application confirmation letter in to your main post office where they take the biometrics and photo and send it directly to the home office and from what I have read on other immigration forums it works exactly the same for citizenship and the letter for the post office is sent to you instantly after the payment page. This is only what I have read mate so if anyone has real time information on this I would be really interested.
Kind regards

I wish I could help, but I have no experience with this aspect of the application process.  I suggest you keep an eye on the gov.uk site for any changes to their requirements.  Best of luck...