Plastic bags, you've been warned.

Sparkles

On 12/6/2018 at 7:49 PM, eyecatcher said:

7/11 could make a difference by not giving you a bag.

Go and pay your electric bill....get a bag (and a straw)

Buy a bottle of haiter bleach....get a bag (and a straw)

certainly most purchases do not warrant a bag as you would normally have 2 hands for carrying anyway.

You want a bag at Makro it costs you 11bt; you want a bag in an uk supermarket; you bring your own!

My local 7/11 has taken to asking everyone if they want a bag or not to which I normally refuse the bag. I thought this was a nationwide thing for them but maybe not in your area. I think it would be great if everyone charged for plastic bags and the proceeds were used to clean up the plastic mess but I think that’s just wishful thinking.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:03 AM, amexpat said:

Fortunately, most people don't have cats.  An internet search will show what an environmental disaster they are.

Dogs too, but they can be useful. ????

Cats are an environmental disaster? That's rich coming from a human!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:28 AM, Throatwobbler said:
On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:03 AM, amexpat said:

Fortunately, most people don't have cats.  An internet search will show what an environmental disaster they are.

Dogs too, but they can be useful. ????

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:28 AM, Throatwobbler said:

Dogs useful??????????????????????? I guess they are if you like stepping in shit.

Hmm, now let me see. Guide dogs for the blind, companion dogs for the old or infirm, ailment detection dogs, drug and explosive sniffer dogs, police dogs, search and rescue dogs, sheep dogs.

That will do. I think I've made my point.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Hmm, now let me see. Guide dogs for the blind, companion dogs for the old or infirm, ailment detection dogs, drug and explosive sniffer dogs, police dogs, search and rescue dogs, sheep dogs.

That will do. I think I've made my point.

I wish to add to your point.

Absolutely the best company man, woman, family can have.

Mine is never demanding.

Gives me multiple smiles and laughs daily.

She is awesome company.

In 13 years, has never caused me to step in a pile of shit.

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2018 at 9:32 AM, silver sea said:

Why not put each item, as soon as it has been checked out, back into the trolly straightaway? After you have paid the cashier, you can move to a quieter part of the supermarket so that you can then make an “executive decision” about which item goes into which bag.

Alternatively, if you are good at making quick decisions (I’m not!), then  have the bags open in the trolly. As they are checked through by the cashier, you can then put them straight into the appropriate bag. And so once you have paid, you’re ready to head for the exit.????

The above is intended only as a friendly suggestion. ???? I have no idea about your supermarket habits and needs, which may well be a lot more complicated than mine.

Excellent advice, Silver Sea, Thank you, I will try that next time. 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, Throatwobbler said:

Dogs useful??????????????????????? I guess they are if you like stepping in shit.

There is no need for "stepping in shit".

And no need for recycling plastic bags to handle cat business.

My very clever Thai gf has toilet trained this cat.

image1 (203).jpeg

• Like 1

Everyone must be young here!  I don't recall any posts about using paper bags, which were used for ages by the now aged!  Can be used by produce stations as well as at check out.  And paper can be used to wrap meat purchases. Another ancient practice!

By the way, there is no world shortage of softwood trees.  It's the hardwoods that are scarcer and scarcer.

Problem?  One, for sure.  Paper processing mills really stink!

14 hours ago, Mapguy said:

Everyone must be young here!  I don't recall any posts about using paper bags, which were used for ages by the now aged!  Can be used by produce stations as well as at check out.  And paper can be used to wrap meat purchases. Another ancient practice!

By the way, there is no world shortage of softwood trees.  It's the hardwoods that are scarcer and scarcer.

Problem?  One, for sure.  Paper processing mills really stink!

Softwood trees are a renewable crop.  Just like any other crop grown by farmers. There is no shortage of soybeans, corn, or wheat. There is no shortage of pulpwood trees. Plus... paper is completely recyclable.