Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thanks Alfie ????

City's 2018 season squad is now the 2nd youngest at 25.6 years behind Wolves at 24.8 years; Spurs have the 13th youngest squad at 26.3 years. Maybe you need to spend some dosh to reduce your squad back to being the 'youngest squad in the Premier' you guys were so proud of boasting a while back.

Why would we want to spend money just to get a younger squad ?  the reason we were so proud of having a young squad a while back was because it hardly cost us anything not because it cost bundles as yours did !

Edited by alfieconn

35 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Why would we want to spend money just to get a younger squad ?  the reason we were so proud of having a young squad a while back was because it hardly cost us anything not because it cost bundles as yours did !

I tell you Alfie, he really is the most ridiculous individual!????

38 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Why would you want to spend money to reduce the age of your squad? Because aging squads are not as effective as younger squads; wasn't that the argument from you guys along those lines about City's aging squad 3 seasons or so back. Got to keep it fresh eh Alfie.

That young squad you were so proud of, that you say cost you hardly anything, won you what exactly - oh yeah, I forgot, the 2018 International Champions Cup ????

You know it's great having a young squad that cost you nothing (actually that's not true is it, one or two may have cost little or nothing, some cost plenty) but the aim of a professional football club is to win trophies.

That tin of brasso from 2008 still useable? Still on display in the trophy cabinet is it? :cheesy:

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

yep its a good thing not an essential thing to have a young squad, but what is essential is that no one cheats  and all work within the same financial rules

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Why would you want to spend money to reduce the age of your squad? Because aging squads are not as effective as younger squads; wasn't that the argument from you guys along those lines about City's aging squad 3 seasons or so back. Got to keep it fresh eh Alfie.

That young squad you were so proud of, that you say cost you hardly anything, won you what exactly - oh yeah, I forgot, the 2018 International Champions Cup ????

You know it's great having a young squad that cost you nothing (actually that's not true is it, one or two may have cost little or nothing, some cost plenty) but the aim of a professional football club is to win trophies.

That tin of brasso from 2008 still useable? Still on display in the trophy cabinet is it? :cheesy:

Because aging squads are not as effective as younger squads 

Show me the facts on that one !

wasn't that the argument from you guys along those lines about City's aging squad 3 seasons or so back.

No it wasn't our argument.

that cost you nothing

Where did i say that ?

some cost plenty)

Which players cost plenty from our squad of 3 seasons ago

^Give over. I didn't join this forum yesterday - unlike some I'm wise to your game...give me, give me. Whenever i ask you to give me the facts on statements you make you disappear (and no, before you ask I'm not going back through old posts).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

On one point :

Why would you want to spend money to reduce the age of your squad? Because aging squads are not as effective as younger squads; wasn't that the argument from you guys along those lines about City's aging squad 3 seasons or so back. Got to keep it fresh eh Alfie.

Well you won the title in 2014 with an aging squad so that rules out that theory and our opinion was that that squad should have been dismantled after winning the title and to in bring new players, nowhere did we mention aging squads are not effective as younger squads.

Your dreaming again ????

Edited by alfieconn

24 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Give over. I didn't join this forum yesterday - unlike some I'm wise to your game...give me, give me. Whenever i ask you to give me the facts on statements you make you disappear (and no, before you ask I'm not going back through old posts).

Well don't make incorrect statements if you don't want to be pulled on them !

Edited by alfieconn

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

On one point :

Well you won the title in 2014 with an aging squad so that rules out that theory and our opinion was that that squad should have been dismantled after winning the title and to in bring new players, nowhere did we mention aging squads are not effective as younger squads.

Your dreaming again ????

yeah absolutely look at what mourinho did with an 'aging' squad at milan.

28 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Is Ronnie on "holiday" ?

I believe so.  ????  and meanwhile.......

Anyway, talking to a mate the other day, who is not a Spurs supporter, and he's very adamant in thinking that with the fantastic look and design of the new stadium, coupled with the way the Spurs squad and management have dealt with playing at a venue that we've grown to loathe playing at, he reckons the new stadium will be a fortress.  I see where he's coming from and i think he's right.  Fans will only be 5m from the pitch, the design faults at Emirates being improved on and the atmosphere should be electric.

What do you think, JD?

Edited by carmine

40 minutes ago, carmine said:

I believe so.  ????  and meanwhile.......

Anyway, talking to a mate the other day, who is not a Spurs supporter, and he's very adamant in thinking that with the fantastic look and design of the new stadium, coupled with the way the Spurs squad and management have dealt with playing at a venue that we've grown to loathe playing at, he reckons the new stadium will be a fortress.  I see where he's coming from and i think he's right.  Fans will only be 5m from the pitch, the design faults at Emirates being improved on and the atmosphere should be electric.

What do you think, JD?

Too bad about Ronnie !!

Can't say for sure about the stadium, but I'd guess it'll be a big plus for Spurs.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Too bad about Ronnie !!

Can't say for sure about the stadium, but I'd guess it'll be a big plus for Spurs.

It is,  there appears to be a rule for one and a rule for others, i'm sure you understand what i mean.

Yes, the point is i think the new stadium is going to be a huge plus for us and this is off the back of us still having the best away record in the league.  Maybe the loss to Arsenal changed that but its a point made.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Too bad about Ronnie !!

It is,  there appears to be a rule for one and a rule for others, i'm sure you understand what i mean.

Yes, the point is i think the new stadium is going to be a huge plus for us and this is off the back of us still having the best away record in the league.  Maybe the loss to Arsenal changed that but its a point made.

so bac to a third filled stad !!! how many we gonna get 2moro ? 40 thou? cant say i blame anyone not goin game every 3 / 4 days COSTS,, u know v burnley what ure gonna get dour unnatractive  defending and if viable open up for the last ?? mins, sayin that if there was an undervalued/.used player in the prem i 'de go their barnes , he's a total  <deleted> pain and WELL capable of a bit of quality..sayin that he probably b crap 2moro,, but  we REALLY cant afford to take our foot of the points peddle but  this is arguably the easiest out of the next four fixs so u' never know maybe poch will rotate, we'll c 

edit and a big up 4 poch stickin up for levy in the press 2 day,  levy gets shit but desrves a fuc sight more plaudits,  people go on about poch  tha but spurs is100% levys baby and where we are 2 day goes HUGELY to levy.. ,, well and a few other things but ,,,,, u get the drift

Edited by 3 minus 2

Expect to field a strong side, almost unchanged from last tuesday with maybe Deer and Lamela starting.

i also expect a similar side to face Arsenal on wednesday.  Maybe keeper rotation and Skipp will play but there will not be wholesale changes because we don't have enough fit players.  

19 minutes ago, balo said:

We need a good win here, 3-0 against a poor side.

Who will keep it very narrow and stick ten men behind the ball.  If we get the early breakthrough it should be fine but up until that point it won't be easy.

What would be nice would be to be a position to rest some players as early as possible.  Kane, Dele, Sissoko or Eriksen.

On 12/14/2018 at 9:23 AM, jellydog said:

Too bad about Ronnie !!

Without having figures to prove it, I get the impression that clubs take a while to settle in to a new stadium. It may only cost a handful of points but that could be the difference between CL and Europa League, for example.

Sorry to see Ronnie follow Carmine onto the naughty step. Alfie and 3minus2 had better watch their backs.

2 hours ago, champers said:

Without having figures to prove it, I get the impression that clubs take a while to settle in to a new stadium. It may only cost a handful of points but that could be the difference between CL and Europa League, for example.

Sorry to see Ronnie follow Carmine onto the naughty step. Alfie and 3minus2 had better watch their backs.

<deleted> is ' a naughty step' ?

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Who will keep it very narrow and stick ten men behind the ball.

You were right , we created enough chances though , but in the end only 3 shots on target.

A win is a win , let's move on . 

15 hours ago, champers said:

I spend nearly more time on the naughty step than i do posting ????

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

Tough game that, Burnley didn't come to play and whilst the commentator reckoned conceding a late goal was tough on them i think you tend to get what you deserve.  Anyway, that was only ever about three points and no more injuries and looking at the starting line up we really are down to the bare bones.

Can we please get the new stadium open, i hate Wembley, all the fans hate Wembley, its not our home and its making life very difficult all round.

Bit of trivia for Spurs fans.  Oliver Skipp was the 13th academy player to be given a premier league debut by Pochettino.  The lad did well too, tidy no dramas and not too much involvement as the game was always going to be about Kane and the attacking three trying to break down a parked bus.

had it not been for the ligament damage i think we would have been seeing a lot of Luke Amos this season too.  Hopefully he'll be fully recovered for the start of next season, where we'll be playing games with a side quite possibly including Kane, Winks, Amos, Skipp and Walker-Peters, all academy lads.  

• Like 2