Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, champers said:

Only 1 beer drinker. You ought to be relegated.

and likely to b fewer ,, listened to some professor of something or the other on rad 4 the other day , reckoned beer prices were gonna go up something crazy like tenfold int he next decade ish , one of the ingredients was becoming scarcer  so its price is gonna ballon anyway   i digress  

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

and likely to b fewer ,, listened to some professor of something or the other on rad 4 the other day , reckoned beer prices were gonna go up something crazy like tenfold int he next decade ish , one of the ingredients was becoming scarcer  so its price is gonna ballon anyway   i digress  

That has cheered me up no end. How much for a pint of beer brewed on the premises at the new ground?

14 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

theres  a history here of you,,and seems now others, not understanding,, sissoko is the last one that springs to mind,, but hey you enjoy xmas  and up the spurs

Well lets tell it as it is. Sissoko. Yes you were right, theres a very good player in him. However, he was, up until recently total <deleted>.

With regards Vertonghen, i'm sorry mate but you have been harsh and wrong about him from start to present.  He seems to be a player that you simply don't take to.  But, whether anyones cares to differ or not, he's been a terrific center back for us and continues to be so.

Back to tonights game, it'll be very tough but what an opportunity to grab a five point cushion over the chavs!

Thoughts on a sunday...

So if we beat Everton we close the gap on City to 2 points and Liverpool tp 6, and we can surely be expecting Sky Sports to be raving about the title race between "Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal" to be really back on!!???? Thats of course if they can stop talking about Poch going to United for five minutes of the day.  Very funny Graham Roberts, (on reading Jamie Carragher's comments about why Pochettino "has" to go to United) tweeting to him suggesting United should try and get Jurgen Klopp!!

it appearing like an endless media drive to get Poch to go to United so it would be particularly satisfying if he stays and we can give the finger to the lot of them.

Funny, but i also think that the cretinous pea brain imbecile Jamie Redknapp is still sore about Spurs because we sacked his dad Scrotum Face!!!????  Apart from being a really crap pundit all he seems to do is make stupid underhand jibes, and get paid for it.

So big performance today, nick a win and we can get Arsenal and Chelsea back in the title race!!!!!!!!????

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Why would Poch go anywhwere else as long as Spurs are chasing cup glory and maybe even could win the league if Liverpool and City suddenly perform worse than expected, it's a long season. 

If it's only about money, he is free to go to Man United or Real Madrid. But I think he feel something for Spurs after all these years in London, and everyone are waiting for the new stadium.  

Just wow .... this team just keeps amazing me .. today  i thought we improved yet again. So good to watch . kane looks sharper ... son just runs and runs  lamaela just twinkles  erickson just as per  pulls the strings and now adding  finishes  All   so good  to watch... shame the champs lge games arnt sooner ..

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Well, I just think that "coincidentally" would have been the better word to use

Was it just coincidental that Leicester noticed Sarri deploying the same false nine as before and ended up beating you?

Was it a coincidence that we used the same tactics as Marco Silva did to thrash you again recently?

Based on Sarri being rather naive and predictable its hardly a coincidence we are five points clear is it!!

Edited by carmine

Was quite expecting that!  Saying that, i thought Silva was deploying a suicidal high line constantly allowing us to get in behind them and to that end i doubt going  potentially 2-0 up would have been enough for them.

I did feel for them regards their disallowed goal because i've seen them given but i thought Gylfi's goal was piss poor defending.  He shouldn't have been allowed so long on the ball with three players on his case.

it struck me again that for a club that didn't do any summer transfer business, long injury list we still have game changers coming off the bench.  Although i can't stand the label of Fab Four that the commentator kept droning on about, they were fab today and Poch was still able to bring on Lamela and Mours later on.

Bournemouth and Wolves at home next with the only down point a potential hamstring injury due to a truly sh*thouse attempt by Pickford to intercept the ball but ended up taking the man.

We just need to focus on building the gap between us and the chavs and Arsenal, and let the rest of it take its course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Was quite expecting that!  Saying that, i thought Silva was deploying a suicidal high line constantly allowing us to get in behind them and to that end i doubt going  potentially 2-0 up would have been enough for them.

I did feel for them regards their disallowed goal because i've seen them given but i thought Gylfi's goal was piss poor defending.  He shouldn't have been allowed so long on the ball with three players on his case.

it struck me again that for a club that didn't do any summer transfer business, long injury list we still have game changers coming off the bench.  Although i can't stand the label of Fab Four that the commentator kept droning on about, they were fab today and Poch was still able to bring on Lamela and Mours later on.

Bournemouth and Wolves at home next with the only down point a potential hamstring injury due to a truly sh*thouse attempt by Pickford to intercept the ball but ended up taking the man.

We just need to focus on building the gap between us and the chavs and Arsenal, and let the rest of it take its course.

I thought that was intentional by Pickford. Frustrated at his poor performance. It appears he could play his way off the NT if he keeps making knucklehead decisions.

13 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I thought that was intentional by Pickford. Frustrated at his poor performance. It appears he could play his way off the NT if he keeps making knucklehead decisions.

As far as i'm concerned mate it was a straight red. As you say he had a poor game, poor decision making and that was frustration, but red nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, carmine said:

As far as i'm concerned mate it was a straight red. As you say he had a poor game, poor decision making and that was frustration, but red nonetheless.

Did he get booked at all ?! I don't remember.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Did he get booked at all ?! I don't remember.

I don't believe he did.

looking at the league games over the christmas period they could go quite a way to defining how the season will pan out. Very interesting fixtures which will be crucial

Just another great game with plenty of goals. 

Eriksen was interviewed for MOTD 2 and he said it so well : "We always want to win every game , and we know we have to work hard to score 2-3 goals every time. A few years ago we were happy with just taking a point away.  Not anymore. "

13 hours ago, carmine said:

could well be wrong but dont  think the ref acted on it so pickford could have action taken retrospectively and tbh , he frigging deserves it, shocking challenge, the sort that could end someones career  given he's southgate no 1  the more i see of him the more his temperament and decision making  worry me.

Just seen it announced we play Chelsea at Wembley in the first leg of the Carabao on the evening of January 8th. This fixture list just isn't lightening up!

Poch may well make changes tonight, Dele Alli in particular after that assault by Pickford.  

Does anyone have any concrete news on the injuries to Vertonghen and Aurier.  I know Dier will be out for a while yet.

We must win these next two home games and see if City or Liverpool drop a point of two.  The media has no interest in talk of a title challenge by us so in ways they are doing us a favor.  Klopp seems to think different . Perhaps he's done his homework, the kind of homework that these journalists don't seem to do and is aware that Poch's Spurs tend to start the season slow but get stronger and stronger as the season goes on.  

I hope I'm wrong, but don't think Vertonghen is ready to play

until after the New Year.

Aurier though has more chance to feature in one of the two

remaining matches this week.

Rose should return at LB, and Davies or Foyth could still be played alongside Toby giving some rotation for Sanchez due to him only just returning from injury.

Can Sissoko & Winks keep on playing without needing rotation? Skipp came on at Everton and did well, maybe that's

an indication he'll start today to give one of the other 2 a rest.

Up top I can see Lamela & Moura starting alongside Son & Kane. 

2 hours ago, carmine said:

The media has no interest in talk of a title challenge by us  

Neither do you guys. I said at the start of the season that it wasn't a foregone conclusion City would win again and both Liverpool and Spurs could mount a challenge but I was laughed out of the place. Are you now saying you do have a chance?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Neither do you guys. I said at the start of the season that it wasn't a foregone conclusion City would win again and both Liverpool and Spurs could mount a challenge but I was laughed out of the place. Are you now saying you do have a chance?

Honestly, imo, I don't think so, we still have to play City, Liverpool & Chelsea away those games are gonna be 6 pointers and I don't think we will win them considering we already lost 2 home games to City & Liverpool

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

Honestly, imo, I don't think so, we still have to play City, Liverpool & Chelsea away those games are gonna be 6 pointers and I don't think we will win them considering we already lost 2 home games to City & Liverpool

Cant reallt  see us as sustained  title contenders  why ? someone on nbc summed it up sayin liverpool and city have tried and tested  bac up players ready to play their part  almost every in position  .. us not .. its like atm.. were almost auditioning for parts.. for eg sissoko winks davies seeing  can they do it..  maybe not..  so far its worked out for us... BUT.. 

No deli .. lucas to start.. and w peters at right back..   will be lookin at brooks listenin to a few pundits over the last few days sayin he'd could well be 'our' type of player and tippin a possible ny move.. but hey we'll c

Edited by 3 minus 2

18 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Its only half way through the season. The main reasons for my opinion and why you are very strong favorites, that being your amazing squad depth, hasn't even come into play yet.  But it surely will. I'm  amazed at how Pochettino has coped with the crap injuries we've had already.  Taking a look at the others, Chelsea and Liverpool have better quality in depth but nowhere near as good as yours and Arsenal....well they are just nowhere near the level being touted on here by some posters, so we can forget them, along with United unless the current sides above then decide to cave in.  

However, i am surprised out how vulnerable you are without Fernandinho.  I'll not be surprised if we see Pep look to bring in some cover.  The guys 34yo and clearly extremely important to the way Pep sets up..

12 hours ago, sotsira said:

Yes that's the big thing, those away games.  I'm just enjoying the ride. Am i excited about a title challenge.....not remotely,  but if we carry on as we are and win two of those away games ill start to believe..  But that case scenario is so so far away at this juncture.

Kieran Trippier should be far more concerned about Walker-Peters than Serge Aurier.

The lad might be only recently out of the academy but he's technically better than both of them and for only his 4th premier league start he's looking extremely good.

Three academy lads playing yesterday, should have been four and then theres Luke Amos in the mix when he's back to fitness over the summer.  All very good news. for the future.

Edited by carmine