Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Pochettino included 16yo Troy Parrott in the squad to Leicester.  Its well reported that this player is developing fast as has Skipp.  I'm just wondering is this lad is being looked at as deputy to Kane when Llorente is shipped off?  Its not inconceivable because the lad is beyond his years and looks like he could deal with the physical side of the EPL.  Just a thought because we know there are only a handful of sides in the league that can afford to buy a top drawer striker and we are not one of them.

This is a potentially exciting time approaching whereby we will hopefully retain our key players that have developed from the youngest side in the league to one of the more experienced sides and now the new breed is in the mix with five or six youngsters looking to break through which will offer a nice blend of youth and experience.

However, still no signs of strengthening the left center back position and just for anyones interest, Wilmar Barrios who we are strongly linked with in january was red carded in the final against River Plater!!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Serge Aurier has joined the injury list, so we will see Kyle Walker-Peters start,  although its a shame he's only made two starts this season. I hope he picks Rose on the left. I'm presuming the rest of the team will comprise Vertonghen, Toby, Dier, Sissoko Eriksen, Dele, Son and Kane in a 4231.

Pochettino has rotated perfectly prior to this game giving our key players time off so bar the unfortunate injury list we are giving ourselves the best opportunity.  An absent Messi wouldn't go amiss.

Its a must win, as i doubt we'll get any favors out of PSV.  Very tough but doable and i doubt we will see the complacency that landed us in this predicament early in the competition.

These late night games are doing me in, when will we gat games at a normal time!!!!

Edited by carmine
  • Confused 1

On 12/10/2018 at 4:20 AM, 3 minus 2 said:

that is a chunk , 7 would DEFO be match day involved,, it aint far short now how many more  b4 we call it a crisis

Yes it is mate and Aurier too now, groin strain.

However, again kudos to the manager because he's been building a "squad" and the side he will field tonight still has a look of quality.  He's doing a remarkable job.

• Confused 1

lookin forward to this one, thinks carmine is about right with the team, not that poch has much option!!! , not so sure about rose , given his defensive game is piss poor to put him in a 'comebac first start v ish messi !!! mmmm,, davies as per would b better defensively but barely effective goin forward , bac 5 ?  cant bench son, he's startin a good run , but lucas is lookin hungry,, any of the injured returning?

What a performance!!  team selection as i thought bar him going for Winks instead of Dier.  With all the injuries it kind of picked itself really.

As expected Barca rested some players but being Barca there was plenty of quality on the pitch.  Messi came on in the 60th minute but didn't make that much of an impression.

I really don't think any one player should be singled out, as it was a team performance, perfectly executed tactics, right from the off we went for it and the second half we were exceptional, a draw being the least we deserved.

Danny Rose was looking like the player he was prior to the long injury lay off.  Walker-Peters, who has just signed a longterm contract proved himself to be the talent we thought he was, despited his 6th minute mistake and Winks proves game by game that we can move on from Dembele.

I can't see many changes for the game at the weekend as this is all we currently have available but now we can look forward to the draw on monday.

Nice to see Pochettino come out of the dressing and go over to the 10000 Spurs fans that made the trip.  Good times.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

my word the journalists are talking nice about us and not one has yet finished off with the customary "how long can it last", they'll lose their best players" or "is the manager going to go"  ????

Kind of a shame really, i liked the predictability.  Still, i'm sure the usual suspects won't let me down on here!!!

This weekend could also be an opportunity to put some pressure on our immediate rivals as long as we don't fluff our lines against Burnley.  And surely Arsenal can't go on grabbing late winners in games they hardly deserved to win!!  The one time i've seen them play really well was against us, the rest of the time they've been very average and the defense shaky.  Maybe this weekend the will be exposed?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Yep great performance and another bottle job.

One small concern though, why did they keep slipping over so much ?

I know, but i'm sure that has been addressed.  Walker-Peters was slipping all over the place and then suddenly found his footing.  Strange.

Looks like we got out of the game fairly unscathed too, which at the moment is a major consideration.  

• Confused 1

Mission Accomplished!

That was a nerve racking 90 mins having to watch 2 results at 

the same time, always expecting Inter to score a goal which they did but couldn't get a second to overtake us.

Spurs though showed a lot of character to out perform Barca 

in the second half, with the chances we had we could easily have won the game if it weren't for some superb goalkeeping

and defensive play from Barca.

Credit to Poch for the way he's managed the squad so far this season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, carmine said:

What a performance!!  team selection as i thought bar him going for Winks instead of Dier.  With all the injuries it kind of picked itself really.

As expected Barca rested some players but being Barca there was plenty of quality on the pitch.  Messi came on in the 60th minute but didn't make that much of an impression.

I really don't think any one player should be singled out, as it was a team performance, perfectly executed tactics, right from the off we went for it and the second half we were exceptional, a draw being the least we deserved.

Danny Rose was looking like the player he was prior to the long injury lay off.  Walker-Peters, who has just signed a longterm contract proved himself to be the talent we thought he was, despited his 6th minute mistake and Winks proves game by game that we can move on from Dembele.

I can't see many changes for the game at the weekend as this is all we currently have available but now we can look forward to the draw on monday.

Nice to see Pochettino come out of the dressing and go over to the 10000 Spurs fans that made the trip.  Good times.

yeah, thought rose's defensive game looked half way decent last night,,and as u say big up to walker peters he could easily have folded after that mistake there were others that failed att winks being one of them, but ithought peters  had a decent game, sissoko is a BEAST and desrves his start, winks i'm still not convinsed with work in front of the box and in genral in his own half , goin forward YEAH good but defending ATM not,, yeah twas the least poch and the boys could do  , fans spend a LOT OF MONEY and a lot of time  goin to footie players should go to them post match,all round its a good thing

5 hours ago, balo said:

I did not expect this, even if PSV were leading at halftime. 

Maybe not the best Spurs game I've seen but mission accomplished. 

i'm still wondering how the f we didnt win that game  , the amount of chances/semi chances we SHOULD have buried them,,,,,,,,,,,. mind u they did hit the post a couple of times one of those games i suppose , but last season/yr  odds on we   would have caved to a 5 min lapse of concentraton ,, juve ect ect   now theres an extra bit of steel there ,, TOTALLY good thing from my exp not often that happens in tottenham team

• Like 1

Reading today Danny Rose talking in glowing terms about how much he has improved him as a players and all the other Spurs players and what an amazing coach he is and how he trusts the young players and how it would take so much to break his trust blah, blah, blah....

Well its such a shame Danny that you chose to stab him in the back giving an interview to the worst gutter press rag in the UK! Rose was slightly better than very average when Pochettino took over and turned him into Englands first choice left back and for a while probably the best left back in the league before his injury, the ungreatful greedy self entitled little sh*t.  Theres something that continually bugs me about our dwarf at left back,  although he has done well to fight back to challenge Davies, but i'll never like the little back stabber.

Another topic of conversation is Walker-Peters and his lack of match time due to not being let out on loan last season.  His talent is plain to see but how good could he have been by now if his development wasn't stunted by sitting on a bench, unlikely to play?  I kind of think Poch got this wrong but only in as much as the lad might have been even better than he clearly is already.

NSR but, what sort of Joey's does TV use for an IT company because every time anything is either "improved" or something happens to the system we are in for a month or more of a complete nightmare!!  All looks totally Micky Mouse but there ya go!!!  Why does it take so long to fix it?  

Edited by carmine
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Bit of Trivia for ya, when was the last time an English team in the CL had 4 academy players starting ?

What is the answer? Which club, vs. which club, the date and the name of the 4 academy players who STARTED?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What is the answer? Which club, vs. which club, THE date and the name of the 4 academy players who STARTED?

I don't know, if i knew i wouldn't be asking the question ???? but i'm guessing it would have been Utd with Scholes, Beckham, Butt and Neville, it certainly wouldn't have been your lot !

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I don't know, if i knew i wouldn't be asking the question ???? but i'm guessing it would have been Utd with Scholes, Beckham, Butt and Neville, it certainly wouldn't have been your lot !

Was it Citeh?  Or the chavs?

No seriously, how about Arsenal for a cheeky punt?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

i'm still wondering how the f we didnt win that game  , the amount of chances/semi chances we SHOULD have buried them,,,,,,,,,,,. mind u they did hit the post a couple of times one of those games i suppose , but last season/yr  odds on we   would have caved to a 5 min lapse of concentraton ,, juve ect ect   now theres an extra bit of steel there ,, TOTALLY good thing from my exp not often that happens in tottenham team

It is true to say we are still not clinical enough with our chances.  e could have quite realistically put three past them.  

In the past we almost certainly would have caved in but not now.  Recently inexperience and lapse of concentration has cost us, but caving in, no chance.

32 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To normal people posting "Bit of Trivia for ya, when was the last time an English team in the CL had 4 academy players starting ?" implies YOU know the answer and you were quizzing others. Doh! ????

Our stadium looks set to opening february although the Man United fixture is confirmed at Wembley with a crowd capacity of a maximum of 51000 under the renegotiated terms with the local council.

Maybe we are going to see CL football at the new stadium.

• Confused 1

To the City diggers. Here's a bit of trivia

Although we may not have fielded 4 academy players, the average age of Manchester City's starting XI last night was 24 years and 95 days, the youngest for an English side in the Champions League since Manchester United against CFR Cluj in December 2012 (24y 54d).

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Although we may not have fielded 4 academy players, the average age of Manchester City's starting XI last night was 24 years and 95 days, the youngest for an English side in the Champions League since Manchester United against CFR Cluj in December 2012 (24y 54d).

And well done to City.  Unfortunately, certain other members of the Citeh fraternity are unable to grasp the merits of holding onto those young players to build an experienced long term side so expect some incredibly stupid jibes if you don't refer to ages when they are older.  I know it sounds beyond the pale of stupidity but forementioned is forewarned. 

Edited by carmine

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

To normal people posting "Bit of Trivia for ya, when was the last time an English team in the CL had 4 academy players starting ?" implies YOU know the answer and you were quizzing others. Doh! ????

Sorry but i'm not like some of the clever dicks on here who put up a question just because they know the answer and want to feel good about themselves !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, carmine said:

And well done to City.  Unfortunately, certain other members of the Citeh fraternity are unable to grasp the merits of holding onto those young players to build an experienced long term side so expect some incredibly stupid jibes if you don't refer to ages when they are older.  I know it sounds beyond the pale of stupidity but forementioned is forewarned. 

I’ve never been one to refer to players ages in any case. We currently have a good mix of young and old. Which I believe you need. The point above was merely a response to the jibes thrown at us. 

3 hours ago, carmine said:

As you don't appear to be aiming your comments at MrBJ, and I doubt you are taking a pop at Jelly, could you be aiming your comments at me? If you are I have no idea what you are referring toas I continually state if the young players coming through are good enough they will get to play/establish themselves but if they are not then sell them on or release them.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

To be fair it is easy to get a young team when you spend big money on young players,  taking into consideration cost of the team was approx 350m pounds ???? 

Edited by alfieconn

11 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair it is easy to get a young team when you you want to spend big money on young players, taking into consideration cost of the team was approx 350m pounds ???? 

Thanks Alfie ????

City's 2018 season squad is now the 2nd youngest at 25.6 years behind Wolves at 24.8 years; Spurs have the 13th youngest squad at 26.3 years. Maybe you need to spend some dosh to reduce your squad back to being the 'youngest squad in the Premier' you guys were so proud of boasting a while back.