Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

How much have Utd spent to languish in sixth!!!

Oh they grasp it alright, they just don't like it.  Hence the deeply rooted inadequacies that is so glaringly obvious in our trolling bore from the City thread.

I mean, <deleted>....they've been having an Ole Gunnar wankfest on the United thread and they're still in 6th position.

And as for Bredbury Bore, he just seems content to come on here and make a right knob of himself.  Hey ho!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Since Poch has managed a 2nd place and a 3rd place, I'd say you are wrong!

That Redknapp team was decent, but a lot more Spursy than these team. Who are also Spursy when it really matters.

"lot more Spursy"...we (maybe except the spurs fans) all know what that means without asking Rick for a definition  ????

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

To be fair spurs are doing well and with a lot of young blood coming through and very little funds being spent. In contrast to man city who are not prepared to take the chance on their youngsters and need to spend in order to stay 2 pts ahead of the competition. From this view I am not sure it's spurs who are platueing. 1.3 billion spent in 10 years on transfers and to only have a gap of 2 pts between 2nd and 3rd is not platueing and the league this year is tighter than ever. Spurs may end up on a points total that would have won previous seasons. 

Everything always comes back to City doesn't it.

Stick to the debate point, which is ON SPURS, on the points raised on Spurs and on plateauing in particular.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

All the talk of plateaus and its Man Shiitty who appear to be taking a freefall dive right now whilst they concentrate on the mickey mouse cup....oh and the happy chavs who have just shelled out another 60m quid.

Still loving it boys.

Edited by RonniePickering22

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

All the talk of plateaus and its Man Shiitty who appear to be taking a freefall dive right now whilst they concentrate on the mickey mouse cup....oh and the happy chavs who have just shelled out another 60m quid.

Still loving it boys.

The situation right now is that we are still only two points behind City and could conceivably be above them tonight.  Having spent $690m less.  It shows we are improving, moving in the right direction. The academy is working extremely well.  We just need to have a bit less bad luck with injuries.

i couldn't be happier.  And i love what they've been posting on here.  They're running out of anything original and judge spewing out what the <deleted> pundits say.  Wait till we get some more of the lads back fit.  City already bottling it, Liverpool looked a bit nervous, Chelsea are not very good at the moment, Arsenals defense is crap.........apparently now United could win the champions league so i presume the Messiah will be focusing on that.  Meanwhile, we'll just keep our heads down and try and take every game as it comes and for sure, Newcastle will be well set up by a very clever manager and will be very difficult to beat.

34 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Still loving it boys.

Not capable of reading and debating the points raised eh Ronnie?

Think we need a reality check :

Transfer League for the last 5 Seasons
# Net Spend last 5 Years Purchased Gross Sold Nett Per Season
1 Manchester City £750.4 M £254.6 M £495.9 M £99.2 M
2 Manchester United £594.5 M £194.1 M £400.5 M £80.1 M
4 Chelsea £735.1 M £444.9 M £290.3 M £58.1 M
3 Arsenal £385.7 M £163.8 M £222.0 M £44.4 M
5 Everton £400.0 M £197.0 M £203.0 M £40.6 M
6 Liverpool £583.5 M £424.1 M £159.4 M £31.9 M
7 West Ham £257.6 M £121.8 M £135.8 M £27.2 M
8 Brighton & Hove Albion £150.8 M £21.1 M £129.7 M £25.9 M
9 Leicester £305.4 M £188.8 M £116.6 M £23.3 M
14 Crystal Palace £178.1 M £56.7 M £121.4 M £24.3 M
10 AFC Bournemouth £162.1 M £42.7 M £119.4 M £23.9 M
11 Wolverhampton Wanderers £178.9 M £81.7 M £97.3 M £19.5 M
15 Watford £167.5 M £89.2 M £78.3 M £15.7 M
12 Fulham £136.1 M £60.9 M £75.2 M £15.0 M
15 Newcastle United £226.5 M £155.2 M £71.4 M £14.3 M
16 Huddersfield Town £89.6 M £24.7 M £64.9 M £13.0 M
17 Burnley £115.4 M £57.1 M £58.3 M £11.7 M
18 Tottenham £262.8 M £219.4 M £43.4 M £08.7 M
19 Cardiff City £64.3 M £36.4 M £28.0 M £05.6 M
20 Southampton £259.3 M £305.8 M -£46.5 M -£09.3 M
  • Like 2

Apparently were not massive over achievers were just bottlers!!????????  No no lets just say were Spursy.  It's a far more of a pleasant fiction to carry on about situations that are long in the past.  How many years ago was the Redness Nose quip of "Lads its Tottenham delivered?"  A long long time ago.  

Bit like United fans thinking they still hold the power they did under RedNose!!!!

And I wonder if all City fans are as hung up about us as Bredbury Bore? And do they still crave for the respect they will never have for their recent haul of silverware?  

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Apparently were not massive over achievers were just bottlers!!????????  No no lets just say were Spursy.  It's a far more of a pleasant fiction to carry on about situations that are long in the past.  How many years ago was the Redness Nose quip of "Lads its Tottenham delivered?"  A long long time ago.  

Bit like United fans thinking they still hold the power they did under RedNose!!!!

And I wonder if all City fans are as hung up about us as Bredbury Bore? And do they still crave for the respect they will never have for their recent haul of silverware?  

Yes buying your entire squad is rather sad....how many home grown do Madrid or Barca have in their squad I wonder?

Let's not forget Foden though!!

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes buying your entire squad is rather sad....how many home grown do Madrid or Barca have in their squad I wonder?

Let's not forget Foden though!!

Oh yes how could we forget Foden, City regular an all that!!  

Unless we discussing Foden, and Christ have we discussed Foden, please don't discuss homegrown players, those deep inadequacies with start coming to the fore again.  ????

Remember, the only way to do it is buy big and any club that doesn't is tight fisted and not ambitious!!????

Perhaps that also refers to clubs that don't break the rules.  

I think this comes down to two views:

Spurs fans: We're doing alright or even we're over achieving.

Non-Spurs fans: "What frustrates fans more than anything is seeing your club showing no ambition or not having any sort of positive game plan going forwards".

I question why if Spurs have established themselved top 6 and got close to being champions once, why havent pushed forward like say Liverpool have by buying additional quality to try to be winners?

It can only be because of the lack of the owners willingness to compete or more likely  the stadium build tieing  up the money.

Ps. You spurs trying  to deflect  the debate by bringing in City doesn't work - it's  a debate  on spurs.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The Mancs are all in hiding carms....their stupidity has hit them like a double decker bus this week. :biggrin:

We get shown precious little respect and always get talked down by pundits, and I'm just sick to death of how , by virtue of promoting homegrown players we always seem to upset the petty vanity of the fans of big spending clubs  It's their problem, i wish they would deal with it.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'm just sick to death of how , by virtue of proving homegrown players we always seem to upset their petty vanity.  It's their problem, i wish they would deal with it.

Let's not forget their sense of entitlement....how dare you score against us....our players cost ten times what yours did!

They need to suck it up and remember its not just a team game....its a club game nowadays.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Let's not forget their sense of entitlement....how dare you score against us....our players cost ten times what yours did!

They need to suck it up and remember its not just a team game....its a club game nowadays.

It's quite simple, we have had an agenda for a few years now and things are starting to come together.  We have a terrific manager thats made it quite clear he's with us for the long haul  If we were to win tonight we could go second.  Thats it.

I just wish those posters from yesterday would just get over it.  Or set up a separate thread to bore each other about the way Spurs are conducting ourselves.\ and it seem how you resent the fact that we are where we are spending <deleted> all.

We simply don't want to deal with your insecurities chaps.  Get over it!!

Been thinking for a while.. were short of  exp strikers and we aint bought anyone.. and jansen doin nothin sort of didnt totally add up..  apparently jansen was returned injured from his loan earlier this season  and  and for what ever reason  didnt return to the club  .. so we were left with a striker NOT in pochs  plans.. well common sence prevailed and he's not training with u23s, hes back training with the 1 st team squad and poch is now considering him for selection.. good news.. when he arrived IMO, he was never that bad .. att, a little raw and it  looked to me the  pressure of big move..  ect ect got to him a bit .. perhaps he's over that and possibly Llorente taken the pressure away of having to replace kane will help and . well sort of makes sence now sterlings gone out on loan   .. so we'll have to see.  but its a 'fresh'body upfront and that atm can only be a plus.

56 minutes ago, carmine said:

Oh yes how could we forget Foden, City regular an all that!!  

Unless we discussing Foden, and Christ have we discussed Foden, please don't discuss homegrown players, those deep inadequacies with start coming to the fore again.  ????

Remember, the only way to do it is buy big and any club that doesn't is tight fisted and not ambitious!!????

Perhaps that also refers to clubs that don't break the rules.  

Must have missed that ????

26 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Been thinking for a while.. were short of  exp strikers and we aint bought anyone.. and jansen doin nothin sort of didnt totally add up..  apparently jansen was returned injured from his loan earlier this season  and  and for what ever reason  didnt return to the club  .. so we were left with a striker NOT in pochs  plans.. well common sence prevailed and he's not training with u23s, hes back training with the 1 st team squad and poch is now considering him for selection.. good news.. when he arrived IMO, he was never that bad .. att, a little raw and it  looked to me the  pressure of big move..  ect ect got to him a bit .. perhaps he's over that and possibly Llorente taken the pressure away of having to replace kane will help and . well sort of makes sence now sterlings gone out on loan   .. so we'll have to see.  but its a 'fresh'body upfront and that atm can only be a plus.

He was on loan last season not this season, had a minor operation in Aug 2018 after returning to the club and wasn't registered for either of the PL and Cl squads so he couldn't have played even if Poch had wanted him too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think this comes down to two views:

Spurs fans: We're doing alright or even we're over achieving.

Non-Spurs fans: "What frustrates fans more than anything is seeing your club showing no ambition or not having any sort of positive game plan going forwards".

I question why if Spurs have established themselved top 6 and got close to being champions once, why havent pushed forward like say Liverpool have by buying additional quality to try to be winners?

It can only be because of the lack of the owners willingness to compete or more likely  the stadium build tieing  up the money.

Ps. You spurs trying  to deflect  the debate by bringing in City doesn't work - it's  a debate  on spurs.

So you spurs fans are incapable of reading an article on spurs and offering your comments on it. Too close to the bone was it? Pathetic!

We'll leave it there then.

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

He was on loan last season not this season, had a minor operation in Aug 2018 after returning to the club and wasn't registered for either of the PL and Cl squads so he couldn't have played even if Poch had wanted him too. 

U rate him ? .  read somewhere that he had been loaned and returned  but  he got injured with us or carried it from the prev loan,  what ever  ?  ..no biggie   but  It aint  unusual for clubs to register injured players if thet wanted him to be part of their plans.. so presume he wasnt and they decided to run with parrot so with that and  not issuing him a no,   but they said they couldnt find a club that he would be hapi at and that we were hapi to let him go to..   so the answer was  to let   him train/ play and languish in the yoof team,   NOT the greatest/cleverest  solution ,  now poch has had a change of heart/ our  situs changed.  we have to wait for him to get prem match fit, aint the easiest jumpin from boys footi to the prem but we live in hope . Be surprised if he's on the bench but we ARE short of bodies, so we'll see.

Edited by 3 minus 2

18 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I think if they are honest most fans of clubs outside the top few will be envious of how well they are doing on a budget. 

I do think that a lot of that comes down to the manager and you can tell the high esteem the players hold him in. I do fear that in some ways they may have peaked in terms of table position purely because they cannot or choose not to ( depending on how you view it ) compete with the big boys above in terms of salaries and amount they are willing to part with to enhance the squad. Ultimately where they are and Champions League qualification/ participation is a massive achievement on its own due to those reasons I believe. 

Whether that will be enough for the fans and the manager longer term only they know but I’m sure there will be a longer term plan once the stadium is all done and dusted. These changes don’t happen overnight. 

What frustrates fans more than anything is seeing your club showing no ambition or not having any sort of positive game plan going forwards or wasting cash willy nilly and going nowhere. Spurs aren’t doing that. 

I liken it to a fat bastard who needs to lose a few kilos to get where they need to be. Some will exercise and set a target of a kilo a month, so will want to lose it all in that time so fast and starve then ultimately fail. Everyone knows for longevity you should do the former. My side tends to try and do the latter so you end up with players on inflated wages not really playing for the shirt and you wind up back to square one because they try and buy to achieve success too quick. 

Sadly Ultimately its a results driven Business and not every team will be run by owners with patience hence the attempted smash and grab by some then sack the manager when it fails. 

Im waffling now 

Bottom line maybe peaked for now but it ain’t a bad peak to have. 

Wanna swap ????

Edited by alfieconn

Tuf win. and 3 more  'statementpoints' 3  . think we would have won by more if Llorente had started. The more i look at the goal  the bete cf play it looks  and yeah i know bout the arm and the keper f up and obvios son scored .. but he pressured the cb into that shove enabling the luvely lay bac   arguably  his strenght for the 2nd game in a row helped a win us. 1st hlf veritys delivery  was impressive. Erickson needs to spark up a bit hes a touch flat maybe he's missin his mates ?. and KANE RUNNING in the sun vid  makes it a good good good day

Won our last three games in the last ten minutes.......really lacks bottle that doesn't it!!!!

This was exactly the difficult match i thought it would be. Benitez is way too good a manager to be working for a bloke like Ashley.  Newcastle very well drilled playing to a game plan and doing it extremely well.

I didn't like the team selection and thought that Rose and Llorente should have started and in Llorente case, if he had have been gifted that header that was messed up by Lucas Moura we would have been 1-0 up early on.  

Anyway, as has been our was under Pochettino we didn't give up, getting the belief and eventually got through.  Bit harsh on a brave Newcastle side but i think we deserved it.

Next up Leicester and Burnley, with Dele Alli back from injury very soon.  But lets not forget Dortmund on Valentines day.....

The Harry Kane Team is 2nd playing without Harry Kane.  Thats quite funny!!!

Edited by carmine